• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MA-Ten Pics

Desert_Racer

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2011
USA
Post some pics lads. Mine is almost done, pics to follow soon.

Re: MA-Ten Pics

Here's one I built for myself:

5266732512_b0ba5daec7_b.jpg

5471035567_0a2f77f781_b.jpg

In for pics... wish I had a ma-ten... I have a rainier arms select 16" ar10 barrel just sitting brand new collecting dust..

Mute you have almost the exact same build I am trying to put together.

Good looking gun man!!!

I have been looking at Ma-Ten for a build as well but there are so many options.

CSARFE, can't wait to see your rifle and specs on it. Have we met before??

Here's my work in progress, still waiting for the barrel from Lothar Walther. Supposed to see it some time this month. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Specs:

Mega Arms MA-TEN upper/lower combo
Daniel Defense 12" Lite rail
Magpul PRS AR10 stock
Magpul MIAD grip
Magpul PMAGs
Nightforce Unimount
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22 x 50mm NP-R1 w/ MOA knobs/HS/ZS
Wilson Combat TTU trigger
KNS non-rotating trigger pins
BADASS Safetey levers
Badger tactical latch
Lothar Walther LW-50 custom contour 18" barrel
Daniel Defense .750 clamp on gas block
Rifle length gas
Surefire MB762-211C
Young Manufacturing chrome bolt carrier
JP Enhanced chrome bolt
POF NP3 roller cam pin
+other shit I might have missed

Been waiting 3 months now for the barrel. Been gathering parts this past summer, early summer. Can't wait till the barrel gets in and see how she does.

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

What buffer assembly did you use cupid?

I am using a JP low mass carrier and enhanced bolt with, standard carbine length spring, a Magpul CTR stock and tube.

I had thought about trying the Buffer Tech AR10 Hydraulic buffer, but didn't know if it was worth the extra money or not?

My chamber is a 24" Brux 8 twist in 6.5 creedmoor that I picked up from the hide.

Just using the standard AR10 rifle buffer and spring. If anything, I'd recommend Slash's heavy buffer from heavybuffers.com. I wouldn't do hydraulic buffers if I had the choice. Supposedly they tend to leak.

I was going to just use a DPMS carbine buffer but checked around and the places I looked showed them out of stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cwillits505</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cheapest Ive found a ma-ten set is $562... anyone know of better?</div></div>

I just found out AIM surplus has these on sale right now. Use promo code: bryanfreakinrocks

It's less than $562 with free shipping is all I'm gonna say.

Here's mine, Noveske 12.5" barrel. Still need BCG and buffer before I can make fireballs. Second pic is a Larue 5.56 16" and a 338 Lapua Mag. before my paperwork was approved so I didn't have the lower on the premises.

The stock will be replaced also, just an extra I had laying around.

DSC_0283.jpg

DSC_0754.jpg

DSC_0281-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pedro23</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have been looking at Ma-Ten for a build as well but there are so many options.

CSARFE, can't wait to see your rifle and specs on it. Have we met before?? </div></div>

We might have. I'm new to the community, so if we met, it might have been at Kirtland last year some time. Where you stationed at?

Looking good boys, keep em coming. I just ordered a Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 from Scott at Liberty Optics today. All I need is a trigger, grip, compensator, and a scope mount and mine will be done. I've been thinking about having a buddy of mine do a multicam paint job on it, what do you guys think?

If you guys don't mind can you put in the prices/total of your builds? I know this will vary due to deals and what not.

I'm torn between a Ma-Ten, LaRue, LMT, or buying a MK12 Mod0 build. That's America for you,lol.
I'm in the 41.

Don't forget to throw POF and a GAP-10 into the mix. Price is subjective, I'd say you can start off with about $1500 all the way up to $3k+

I'll be at about $2700, less optic when mine is finished.

I am looking at about $1800 with getting the PRI Gen 3 carbon fiber hand guards and a buffer assembly.

To get things up and running I went with the cheap DPMS parts kit trigger. Will up grade that down the road.

Got lucky and picked up the JP low mass system with enhanced bolt here on the hide. It was used with around 100 rds on it and still looks like new.

Build sheet was as follows:

Mag catch spring –from LPK

Pistol grip - Ergo
Barrel – Rainier Ultra Match 20” rifle length
Bolt carrier group - Armalite
Gas block – Rainier Arms low profile
AR10 Rifle length gas tube
Handguard – SWS E1 15"
Trigger – Geissele SDE (SD3G), since changed to Timney
Battlecomp BABC
Magpul PRS

What bipod was that with the claw feet on it in your other post? Or are those just attachments to a harris?

Nice rig!

Those claws were phoenix pod claws. They are feet that can be retro fitted to a harris or you can get a whole set up from phoenix. They worked awesome but I wanted to get an Atlas so that bipod was sold.

I want an Atlas for the adjustability, but I'd really like to have a GG&G bipod too. Decisions, decisions...

If it wasn't for the price I would have had an Atlas already. I think you'll be pretty satisfied with the Atlas. I can't wait to get out and put it to use.

Alright boys, mine is almost finished, but here are some pics as she sits right now. Excuse the crappy grip, just needed something on it until my Ergo grip comes in:

IMAG0048.jpg

Rocking the Black Weapons Armory X-Comp:

IMAG0050.jpg

The MA-Ten set does not come with nice feed ramps, but rather ridges that need to be ground down to be uniform with the feed ramps on your barrel extension. Here's what it should look like; nicely polished, opened up feed ramps:

IMAG0053.jpg

I need to order an ADM Recon mount, Geissele DMR trigger, Ergo fat grip, safety, and a bipod. Currently waiting on a Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 EBR-2B from Scott at libertyoptics.com (hooked me up with a wicked deal!).

One thing I will suggest to anyone with a Mega or considering a build is look into the BCM gunfighter. I found with mine the extra girth of the receiver made charging a chore.

The BCM with med latch allows for various charging options and has the d durability of the proven design. Worth looking into for any one with a 308 AR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSAR FE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alright boys, mine is almost finished, but here are some pics as she sits right now. Excuse the crappy grip, just needed something on it until my Ergo grip comes in:

IMAG0048.jpg

Rocking the Black Weapons Armory X-Comp:

IMAG0050.jpg

The MA-Ten set does not come with nice feed ramps, but rather ridges that need to be ground down to be uniform with the feed ramps on your barrel extension. Here's what it should look like; nicely polished, opened up feed ramps:

IMAG0053.jpg

I need to order an ADM Recon mount, Geissele DMR trigger, Ergo fat grip, safety, and a bipod. Currently waiting on a Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 EBR-2B from Scott at libertyoptics.com (hooked me up with a wicked deal!). </div></div>

What barrel have you got in that?

My build/krylon multicam MA-Ten

More pics here
http://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2963028&gonew=1#UNREAD

100_7144.jpg

100_7145.jpg

100_7153.jpg

18.5" Douglas from Fulton
Rifle length gas
JP Bennie Cooley large brake
JP handguard
JP Adj. Gas Block
DPMS bolt
Phase5 EBRV2
BCM mod4 charging handle
Chip McCormick Single Stage Flat Trigger
KNS pins
Ergo grip
UBR stock w/Enidine shorty & Tubbs Flatwire
Extended rear takedown pin w/a little bit of multicam material tied in a knot for easy removal
SS 16x42 w/Burris XTR med rings & Holland bubble level
I want a Bushnel HDMR H59 it just makes sense with my setup
Atlas bipod
Southwest AMMO 175smk standards She Luvs'em
She leaves brass absolutely spot less beside for powder burn you cant see any scuffs/scratches or dents.
Shes a powder puff when it comes to recoil.
1k+ rounds and no problems with the Enidine
Im lucky when I drive her she always gets to go out to 1k

AL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alnkal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My build/krylon multicam MA-Ten

More pics here
http://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2963028&gonew=1#UNREAD

100_7144.jpg

100_7145.jpg

100_7153.jpg

Rifle length gas
JP handguard
JP Adj. Gas Block
DPMS bolt
Phase5 EBRV2
BCM mod4 charging handle
KNS pins
Ergo grip
Extended rear takedown pin w/a little bit of multicam material tied in a knot for easy removal
Atlas bipod
She leaves brass absolutely spot less beside for powder burn you cant see any scuffs/scratches or dents.

AL

</div></div>

Apologies if I missed it, but who did your paint job?

I really like the multi cam man. I was thinking about having a multicam duracoat job done on mine down the road.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sititunga1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: alnkal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My build/krylon multicam MA-Ten

More pics here

100_7144.jpg

100_7145.jpg

100_7153.jpg

Rifle length gas
JP handguard
JP Adj. Gas Block
DPMS bolt
Phase5 EBRV2
BCM mod4 charging handle
KNS pins
Ergo grip
Atlas bipod

AL

</div></div>

Apologies if I missed it, but who did your paint job? </div></div>

I built it and I painted it
click the link for paint pics

AL