• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Machining and woodworking for guns

The easiest way I found to get consistent results were to make some spacers the size of the center to center spacing I wanted. For these I was after 3/4”. I cut two long pieces and a dozen small ones, nine short ones were used for this project. The pencil lines were to assure the correct side was up.

AsBegY.jpg

Set your fence and stop block to the center hole on both x and y axis on the right or left end, wherever you wish to start. Drill your first hole, insert a spacer next to the stop block, repeat till you reach your desired hole count.

24O2wG.jpg

To start a new line of holes insert one of the long spacers against the fence and repeat the drill a hole, insert spacer thing until you reach the end. If you have made the loading block to be the same distance edge to center of the holes on the end you can simply rotate the block and drill two rows of holes at each of the spacer settings.

9zBNRZ.jpg

Last pic shows both back spacers and all short ones.

If you wanted a different hole spacing it would be a simple matter of cutting your spacers to whatever size suits you.

I made these for the pattern to be 1-1/2“ in from the ends and 3/4” in from the sides.

Last edited: