• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mag pouches

TheBigCountry

Green Weenie
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2013
    So, somehow in my years in, I never tactically acquired any mag pouches before I got out.

I got a plate carrier here (gonna end up with plates at some point for it) and wanna get some mag pouches for it. I don’t want any poor people stuff like condor, so who makes decent ones for not too much coin?

I use Tactical Taylor stuff. But with that being said Condor makes decent stuff. Unless you are running and gunning every weekend it is just fine.

AR500.com makes good stuff. Botach has level 4 multi hit ceramics for $99.

My next setup will use taco pouches. I’ve had a few friends recommend them. I currently use steel plates because they are thinner than ceramic. May not sound like much but the difference is noticeable if you are getting in and out of vehicles a lot.

HSGI Tacos or ESSTAC KYWI if you want open top pouches. Used to use HSGI, but prefer my ESSTAC stuff now. Kydex wedges velcro’d inside nylon cover. Both are good quality.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Airw4ves
    I second the hsgi tacos. Mine lasted a 11 month deployment so there’s that. Lastly, I’d recommend ceramic Sapi’s. Because clear eye pro is weak sauce and I don’t want to take spalling to my eye balls during the evening time. Plus, I’m not a bitch but i still wouldn’t want to be carry heavy ass metal plates with me everywhere. Specially for long sustained movement. I rather be fast and as light as possible.

Look at Hesco plates. Lightweight, thin, and multi-curve. I have a set of the special threat plates (either U-210 or L-210) for $340 from T-Rex Arms. They are a tad undersized in my BFG carrier, but are flat.

For pouches, I have a triple shingle 5.56 carrier from BFG as well asone of their admin pouches on the PC. Again, they are very flat and secure mags, etc. very well.

Have not shot with the carrier on yet but have logged a few miles of sprints with it on and its help up great thus far.

Me waiting for @TheGerman to chime in:

0DDF66D3-CECE-440B-A9D2-064B3C96AF7E.jpeg

I use HSGI and Tactical Tailors with the magnets in the pistol portion.

My pouches from both builders are tandems rifle/pistol and belt mounted.

My HSGI are not fully broken in but they are a little more difficult to return a mag back to the mag pouch. I find myself sending them right to the dump pouch. Few more classes they will get better.

Many like the GCode pouches for their open mouth design and being able to use the RTI mounts for versatility.

Good idea avoiding Condor. Not looking down on anyone that buys them to save money. It's just.......hasn't Wuhan done enough to us?

I am a fan ESSTAC.. i run their pistol and rifle mag carriers on my belt and like them.. i would feel comfortable running their mid height rifle mag carriers on a plate carrier. Your mission dictates gear.. do you need velcro/bungee retention? Do you plan on jumping with your gear on?

Reactions: Airw4ves
    I'll give another vote for the HSGI Tacos. I hold my AICS magazines in them when a reload is required on a stage.

ATS Gear has been great for me. I have a chest harness from them and love it

I've used BFG Helium singles on my kangaroo flap. Zero complaints; they held full mags perfectly fine even when running around, crawling, etc. And the way the go flat when empty is nice.

I bought some Condor single, double M4 bungee pouches because they were literally the only thing that was EXACTLY what I was looking for at the time. Spent some time in the ocean with them and the button snaps completely rusted out. Oh well, cheap experiment.

Quick note, I prefer single pouches over shingles because as I found a mag in one place wasn't working well, I could move it to a different spot. Cant do that with the triple shingles.

HSGI TACOs are nice. Have doubles but won't use them anymore. The only TACOs I'm using currently are a rifle/pistol combo and a single pistol behind that on my belt since I've been running a chest rig for a while now.

Hello. We are top ukrainian military ammunition manufacturer "Balistyka".
    Recently we started our business in US and in general we sell our mag pouches "Kolchan".
    We had got a lot of reviews from our US clients. Is here anyone who already tested our mag pouches?
    We would be happy to hear your opinion !

You might want to fill those up with loaded magazines and hand them out to the local population.

Thinking the Ukraine is choosing to play "the middle" in an ugly game and time is fast approaching that it will be exposed it was a dumb game to play.

Thought Zelensky was going to bring good things to the Ukraine but perhaps he has a "swamp" to deal with. Good thing he was a comedian he may find humor in what is coming.

Does HSGI know you copied their design?

Hi,

So you state your company is a large ammunition manufacturer but yet there is no ammunition listed on your website....

1619006485636.png

I have never seen your company ammunition at any Ukraine military facility or exhibition.

Also...it has already been advised that you upgrade your account to commercial sponsor in order to offer your products for sale here...

Sincerely,
    Theis

Thanks for your reply, here in Ukraine we produce different types of military goods such as armor plates, plate carriers, mag pouches, warrior belts.
    In Ukraine we usually take part in different kinds of exhibitions, we always receive a call when someone wants to organize an exhibition.

Hi,

Well versed in Ukrainian military exhibitions, lol.....
    That still does nothing to the fact you are marketing your company as a military ammunition manufacturer yet you do not appear nor provide evidence you manufacturer ammunition.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Hi,

Geezus, lol.....Sorry but I am not misunderstanding what "ammunition" is at all.

Your company does NOT manufacturer ammunition (As the definition pertains to real world.....not the noun version of ANYTHING used in combat) nor appear to have the Ukrainian license to manufacturer ammunition.

I was at that 2019 exhibition as a guest of Mr. Avakov.

Sucks they keep moving this years exhibition dates around.......

Sincerely,
    Theis

I liked the FastMag pouches for quite some time, and I still think they're a great pouch.

I use Tacos now because I had a .308 for a while, and wanted their expandable capability. Love 'em. Still have the Tacos even though I no longer have the .308 AR. Just prefer the camo color to the all black FastMags, but if you find some FastMags cheap used, they work great.

Maybe your misunderstanding is caused due to the "ammunition" definition. We represent it like military gear and related stuff.
    About exhibitions, you can check these posts on our Ukrainian Instagram page to make sure. https://www.instagram.com/p/B3Wd797HjQd/
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B3ZHP54Hz1k/ . Exhibition was called "Зброя та Безпека" ("weapons and security")

By your definition it seems like the blankets and soup Obama sent the Ukraine was "ammunition".