• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magnetospeed mount

sprad05

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Jan 27, 2020
    Has anyone tried their hand at making a mount, I was thinking about getting my first 3d printer and possibly giving it a try.

I made one out of 1" carbon tube and a scope mount and it work great.

Not a bad idea, I think im getting a 3d printer and going to give it a shot

A8B01787-4051-4909-9869-AB3FC63A2880.jpeg
    11C39150-F5A7-4272-8A04-AC90EBDA0964.jpeg

Could have gone a little cheaper on the scope mount but the 1” tubes on Amazon are relatively cheap and can be cut to length easily. The bracket at the end holding the magnetospeed is a remote control drone motor mount. That is also what the carbon tubes are technically for.

Reactions: Holliday
    Could have gone a little cheaper on the scope mount but the 1” tubes on Amazon are relatively cheap and can be cut to length easily. The bracket at the end holding the magnetospeed is a remote control drone motor mount. That is also what the carbon tubes are technically for.
    My issue is that I have a long reach with a rem 700 and a 9 “ can. The light weight carbon fiber might be the ticket......

Reactions: Kid_Antrum_AJ

Do you have a link to that drone mount?

That's awesome! I had that exact same idea, but didn't think about the motor mount for the drone on the end, I was wondering how to attach the MagnetoSpeed to it. I've got a super cheapo mount I got from Wal-Mart for an AR years ago I was planning on using.

Jake