• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magnetospeed V3 Reading Reliability

ShtrRdy

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2011
    High Plains
    For those of you who have a Magnetospeed V3, how reliable are the readings you've obtained from the unit?

Does it basically work every time, or do you have to mess with it to get good readings?

I use it on an SRS with a number of different barrels. It hooks up easily with my long barrels and reads every single time. My shorter barrels are a different story because they sit back very close to the handguard, so it's difficult to get the Bayo mounted properly where it can get a consistent read. Usually I just get it close enough and then tweak the sensitivity.

I've got a new V3 and have gotten consistent readings w/ my FN SPR, no problems. My JP supermatch w/ muzzle break is a different story. Bit inconsistent & I have to adjust sensitivity. Overall im happy though

i have a v2 and have used it on my TRG and several other rifles. it reads everytime, no misses. the values it gives seam beleviable, it doesnt read out two consecutive shots with identical velocites and the velocities it gives are close to what other chronos i have used in the past and match the drops my bullets exhibit. the lab radar unit thats coming out soudns very intriguing but im skeptical at how well it will pick up each time etc. i have owned several different chronos and i wouldnt trade the magneto for any of them. its so easy to attach and use vs setting up the screens in wind an ligning up the shot etc.

It read every time for me but the data wasn't any closer than I can just guess based on load data online. It was always 100 fps fast I my 6mm stuff compared to actual data at 1000 yards.

I have a V1 that been upgraded to the mounting system of the v2, Its been spot on when teamed up with ballistic calculators and my kestrel in the field out to 1k on many different calibers using Litz B.C.'s

My V3 has only missed readings a couple of times and it was my fault as I was a bit on the conservative side on the setup for shimming it from the bore as I didn't want to blow my new toy apart. Other than that it's been rock solid and my dope seems to match it well so far, it's been right on the money.