• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magnettospeed and 22lr

neeltburn

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2013
South Western Indiana
I have not been able to get my Magnettospeed to see Prime Bolt + ammo. Something I am doing wrong? I have tried adjusting the sensitivity and nothing seems to work. Any idea? Also what BC are you guys using for 22LR. The ballistic app I am using is Shooter.

I'm curious what your setup parameters are on Shooter to get it to populate a solution for 22lr. I imagine one would have to pull a bullet measure and weigh it then put it into the program. I'm guessing for a 40grainer your looking at a bc around .17ish? Luckily 22lr is so cheap and easy to shoot you can effectively build your own dope chart by simply shooting the gun at a shit load of different distances and just take the data observed from previous engagements going forward......but it would be cool as hell to get somewhat of an idea with wind adjustments using shooter. I'll be following this to see what others are doing to populate 22lr on ballastic solvers.

Bullet length 0.5
bullet weight 40
bullet diameter 0.2235
bc .18

thats for my SK match run in the Shooter app. Seems once temps dip below 50 the bc needs to be dropped but im not sure to what yet.

as for magnetospeed I just put it on high sensitivity. Ive had a few rare cases i had to do custom and crank it up a few click. Be carefull not to go too high or you start having issues also.

I put the sensitivity on 7 or 8 for .22LR and it works fine. Occasionally, once in a great while, it will miss reading a shot but it's rare.

For Lapua Midas+ with BallisticARC/WeatherMETER, I use

G1 BC of 0.159 @ 1057fps
length 0.375"
weight .40gr
width .22

and the solutions seem very accurate from 50-200yds in 25yd increments. The BC came directly from the Midas+ entry in Litz' book, "Ballistic Performance of Rifle Bullets", Second Edition. For SK Standard+ the listed G1 BC is .153 @ 1070fps. This also seems accurate.

Last edited:
JBM has a significant number of rimfire ammo in its database. You can always run what you shoot through JBM and manually pull off the bullet parameters from the results page to enter in whatever app you carry afield.

I had my sensitivity at 7 and try to get the bayonet so that when you put the provided testing rod that it is very close to even with the bore (as seen in my picture)As for the bc use .145.

Attachments

• photo82756.jpg
    photo82756.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 33
  • photo82757.jpg
    photo82757.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 34
I had my sensitivity at 7 and try to get the bayonet so that when you put the provided testing rod that it is very close to even with the bore (as seen in my picture)As for the bc use .145.

That is an incredible sd out of 22lr!!!