• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul CTR

MJBmxz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2010
Chilton,WI
www.facebook.com
I like a friend of mine's CTR on his AR15 and I was looking for one for my DPMS 308L. I'm curious if anyone has has one, and if they are tight and solid. The skeleton A2 stock I have is fine, but once I put my hunting clothes on it's too long. The PRS is still a hair too long even in it's shortest postion. I'm considering the UBR too, but I do like the CTR for sure and can get one for $75. Any suggestions or info, I'm all ears!

Re: Magpul CTR

I have one and love it. Very tight and very solid, I also run the Larue RISR for a great cheek weld with the CTR.

CTR's are great for ar's with 16" and shorter barrels. If it is longer than 16" then you should consider a UBR. A UBR will help balance out a rifle that is barrel heavy because of it's extra weight. CTR's don't weigh very much and don't balance well with a longer or heavier barrel.

Great stock. For 75 bucks? Make sure you know the difference between the Moe version vs. the regular.

I have 2 on AR platforms and one on an AK SBR and really like them.

The CTR stocks are excellent products. Thanks to the addition of the friction lock, once you have it at the position you want it in, just engage the lock and it takes out the "wobble" that other collapsible stocks sometimes have.

While the stocks are inexpensive, don't forget that you will need one of Slash's AR-10 carbine buffers and a new buffer spring as well. These parts are necessary to run any standard AR-15 collapsible stock (like the CTR, UBR, etc.) on an .308 caliber AR platform. Additionally, you will also need to pick up a carbine receiver extension kit (extension, castle nut and end plate) to swap out the standard A2 extension you currently have.

The UBR is also an excellent stock and my personal favorite AR stock for a collapsing unit along with the VLTOR E-MOD stocks. However, the UBRs weight a LOT. The CTRs come in at around 1lb including the receiver extension, buffer and spring. The UBR on the other hand, including the entry-length extension included with the UBR, the buffer and the spring, weighs in at roughly twice that much! In comparison, the UBR is only about 0.25lbs lighter than your current PRS stock. This is great for balancing out a heavy barreled rifle or one that will only be used from a static position, but it does add additional weight that may be a deciding factor for you depending on your situation.

Thanks for the input guys. I went ahead and picked up the Magpul CTR, and a lucky price of $75 bucks. Now I need the carbine tube, buffer, and buffer spring and I'll be set. Slash's seems to be well liked here so I'm gonna check that out first. I appreciate the help!

I actually just replaced my ctr with a ubr stock. I love the ctr and am planning on using it on my new ar build. Imo you cant got wrong with either ctr or ubr

I love mine. It locks up well. Not loose or any wobble.