• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul pro 700 chassis issues

jp67

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2006
Into the wild
Hi guys,
i recently put my Remington 700 varmint 7-08 cal in a Magpul pro 700 SA chassis. It was previously in a AICS with no issues whatsoever.
I have an issus with feeding with any mags. original AICS 10 rounds and plastic 5 & 10 rounds PMAGS
my reloads are the same lengins as they used to be.
Anybody experienced something similar? Any idea how to fixe this?
Thanks

Yeah, find out why they arent feeding. Youre the one looking at it. Whats different?

And issues feeding is about as general of a description that a person could come up with. Perfectly general, perfectly useless.

Yeah, find out why they arent feeding. Youre the one looking at it. Whats different?

And issues feeding is about as general of a description that a person could come up with. Perfectly general, perfectly useless.
You are right. The tip of the bullet is stuck under the feed ramp

Attachments

• 481DB65F-F163-4E0E-B4F1-926A979256FD.jpeg
    481DB65F-F163-4E0E-B4F1-926A979256FD.jpeg
    345.6 KB · Views: 102
Sounds like an alignment/clearance issue. Precise measurements of the stocks' inletting may reveal the cause.

View from the magwell. Seems like the opening of the action is too small

Attachments

• 84024B32-24F7-4F1A-AC36-BDF092DBC4FE.jpeg
    84024B32-24F7-4F1A-AC36-BDF092DBC4FE.jpeg
    285.6 KB · Views: 87
Are you SURE the magpul mags also cause the feeding problem?

Hopefully Chad, Dave, or another guru will see this thread, and comment about notching the feed ramp.

Last edited:
I had this issue with my brand new Magpul Pro 700, maybe 1 in 5 or 10 mag insertions with a 10 round Magpul mag. It appeared a filing of the bottom half of the feed ramp or notching of the feed ramp would help. However, before you pick up the dremel sit down and do a couple hundred insertions of a full mag on a closed bolt. I did this and no longer have any issues, as if the system needed breaking in. Just did about 50 mag insertions on a closed bolt and had no feeding issues.

Reactions: socal-338 and jp67
Notch ramp, super easy. Rds feeding into chamber only use upper 1/2-1/3 of feed ramp. The notch you make will only effect lower 1/4 of feed ramp. Take a sharpie and mark underside of action at front of mag well. Take action out of stock, shove shop towel in chamber/lug recess area. Put barreled action in vise and use a dremel with a 1/8-3/16 carbide burr to make notch. Smooth corners of cut with emery cloth and polish with felt wheel on dremel. I had to do this with a 243ai, it's easy and let's you use plateless mage to chase freebore.

Reactions: socal-338 and jp67
First off make sure that the action is all the way back and the recoil lug is firmly against back wall of the recoil lug pocket. Some chassis use oval action screw holes so that if the action was trued etc and material was taken off the front of the action that the bolts can slide forward that bit while keeping the recoil lug against the wall. If you have it arbitrarily far forward then this could be a symptom of that issue only.

Some pics for demonstration

The issue
1572445045293.png

Pics of the fix
1572444960102.png

1572444977033.png

1572445010963.png

Last edited:
Thank you very much guys for the help and advice you gave me. I used a fill and now everything is working fine.
You guys are great!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6brshooter
Good to hear and gives me confidence on the next step should the problem reappear.