• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul Pro700 Chassis Video

How is the position of the hinge for the folder with your thumb if you put your thumb on the shelf instead of wrapping it? Curious as it looks like in one of their introduction videos, the hinge sitting on the back of the shooter's thumb. Thanks for putting a video out for us!

1524342902051.png

I have never wanted to buy a chassis system for my 2 left hand 700s...... till now.

Really like that adjustable grip. LOP might be a bit long for me though. Nice looking stock though.

This is the first I've heard of or seen they were bringing a chassis to market, guess I need to spend a little more time out of my cave.

It looks very well thought out and am curious if they adjusted the mag well position slightly so bullet tips wont hang up on feed ramps when loaded out to max COAL in AICS magazines.

Pretty sure you can pre-order them from Brownells. They've had them online since SHOT. Since Frank got one to test I assume they should be shipping soon.

Anyone know if a Remage conversion would fit into this chassis? Or any other chassis or stock for that matter. Wondering if there is relief/room for that nut.

Anyone know if a Remage conversion would fit into this chassis? Or any other chassis or stock for that matter. Wondering if there is relief/room for that nut.

Its been awhile since I've looked but generaly the O.D. of the nut is the dimension of a shouldered barrel.

if Cabelas carry it later, it can price it down to $700ish otd with Cabelas 10% visa off, ebay 20% off cabelas gift card and Active Junky 6% cash back.

Here is a quick look at the new Magpul Pro 700 Chassis

I really like this stock for a lot of reason, the main reason, the adjustability that lends to better marksmanship.

It's reversible, it's solid, well worth the consideration

is an aiax chassis gonna do anything more for me at +600 bucks?

I seriously doubt it is of the same quality as an AIAX chassis, but I'm certainly not implying it is substandard as Magpul has allways made high quality equipment.
The AI chassis is purpose built to be punished/ abused in a field service role and survive something the vast majority really dont need.
Unless your an AI fanboy I doubt you would be missing anything other than the $600-$800 price difference that could be spent on better glass a new barrel or whatever.

My thoughts mirrored Frank's. I was able to handle this chassis quite a bit at SHOT this year. Super Solid and truly ambidextrous. The grip adjust fore and aft is going to be really nice to accommodate different hand sizes. Well engineered and ergonomically thought out product.

I played with the Magpul at SHOT and have played with the AX as well. One of the big things you would notice is the fore end tube being round, and a bit longer on the AX over the flat bottom of the Magpul. Now if you put an ARCA type rail on the bottom, it would then feel flat. The AX may also have more options for using clip on NVG’s depending on your length of scope and NVG, because of the continuous top rail on the AX. The Magpul may have a way to move the NVG rail fore/aft that it may be a moot point.

How is the position of the hinge for the folder with your thumb if you put your thumb on the shelf instead of wrapping it? Curious as it looks like in one of their introduction videos, the hinge sitting on the back of the shooter's thumb. Thanks for putting a video out for us!

View attachment 6896445

For the issue where the stock hinge is sitting on the back of the shooter's thumb, perhaps setting it up for left-handed folding will alleviate the problem, and it'll still fold for storage. I just saw this at AUSA last week. I'm interested.

I like that the underside of the butt has enough support area for a rear bag.

Yup. I got this chassis to try out and can say I like it VERY much. Comfortable, I like the thumb shelf, I like the adjustable grip distance a LOT more than I thought I would.
I also like the butt end more than my MPA. The MPA cheek/butt pad needs to be tightened down with an allen key to stop the slight wiggling, the Pro chassis butt pad is 100% solid without fiddling, and the cheek pad is very solid, and also has a tool-less tensioning knob.

Stock does NOT fold over an Impact Precision action's bolt knob, so it has to be converted to left-handed folding for those with Impacts. Impact Precision trigger hanger fits no problem.
Despite the plastic skins, no creaking, no flexing, no uncomfortable seams or mis-alignment with the aluminum backbone.
Mag release is just like the MPA. Ambi, easy, fast. I will say that unlike the MPA, I found that putting pressure on the bottom of the mag will stop the bolt of my Impact Precision from going forward. I filed down the feed lips a tad and now it's flawless. It's worse with the magpul mags. I didn't file the magpul mag though, as I prefer to just run Accurate Mags (the chassis comes with a free magpul AISC 5rnd mag).

Folding mechanism is ROCK SOLID, easy to use/swap sides, and of robust and common sense design. Favorite folding system out there.
I like how it came with two grip styles. Still playing with em' to figure which one I like more.

I'll admit I was unimpressed when I first saw the promos for this chassis, but I'll come out and say it's MUCH better in person. I'm thinking of putting an Area419 Arcalok rail on the M-Lok slots on the bottom, and then it will give up nothing to my MPA or any other chassis.

Oh, you do have to buy your own QD mount for the front (back has cups, but not the front) as well as an M-LOK rail for a bipod.

The price is fine for the chassis. It's about the same price as an MPA folder. You can also get the non-folding one for about the same price as an MPA non-folder. Yeah at first I thought a $1000 price tag was a little heavy too, but they're selling for less than that, and considering it's a folder, it's the same price as the competition, so no worries there, solid product.

Reactions: Varry_Lickers
@SuperSneakySniper , my thoughts also. With my nucleus, upward pressure on the mag definitely stops the bolt with both an ARC mag and magpul. Unfortunately, it sits much too high to file the lips down on the mag to clear the three lugs. A person in the Seekins Havak thread reported their bolt wouldn't run at all in this chassis. The Havak has a full diameter bolt body.

I do not have a picture at the moment, but what has helped with me is putting the area419 barricade block on the back of an ARCA rail. For me the Area419 mlok arca rail sat way too far forward. I used a sawtooth rail for the 15" seekins handguard turned around "backwards". I realize a dovetail is not directional, but the sawtooth rail turned backwards from how it is intended fits pretty close to the magwell. I will try to take some pictures in the next few days. I did this because I want the balance on a barricade to sit behind the front scope ring. Also, the magwell is my other gripe that it is not longer. Front pressure on the mag also locks up my nucleus.

If you are set on the Area 419 mlok arcalock rail, I have a brand new one I am not going to use. I also have the barricade block and atlas clamp setup if you are interested. I bought it on one of their sales so it is 10% off their website price.

Actually had a couple pictures off social. You can somewhat see what I am talking about. I will try to get better pictures this weekend.

1539969396913.png

1539969420018.png

Reactions: CV_Ag
@SuperSneakySniper , my thoughts also. With my nucleus, upward pressure on the mag definitely stops the bolt with both an ARC mag and magpul. Unfortunately, it sits much too high to file the lips down on the mag to clear the three lugs. A person in the Seekins Havak thread reported their bolt wouldn't run at all in this chassis. The Havak has a full diameter bolt body.

I do not have a picture at the moment, but what has helped with me is putting the area419 barricade block on the back of an ARCA rail. For me the Area419 mlok arca rail sat way too far forward. I used a sawtooth rail for the 15" seekins handguard turned around "backwards". I realize a dovetail is not directional, but the sawtooth rail turned backwards from how it is intended fits pretty close to the magwell. I will try to take some pictures in the next few days. I did this because I want the balance on a barricade to sit behind the front scope ring. Also, the magwell is my other gripe that it is not longer. Front pressure on the mag also locks up my nucleus.

If you are set on the Area 419 mlok arcalock rail, I have a brand new one I am not going to use. I also have the barricade block and atlas clamp setup if you are interested. I bought it on one of their sales so it is 10% off their website price.

Actually had a couple pictures off social. You can somewhat see what I am talking about. I will try to get better pictures this weekend.

Ooo nice rig. Thanks for the info! I didnt realize how far forward those mlok slots were until you mentioned that... Hm... I may need to rethink my approach here.
Thing is, (and the reason i originally wanted an Area 419 rail) I really like the "ridges" that help lock the attachments in place rather than just friction. Same idea with the Ingenuity Gunworks rail.
Maybe i'll give Ingenuity a call and see if they can make an Mlok version that goes back far enough for the pro chassis.

Hey thanks a lot for the information!

Reactions: Tactical Taz
Ooo nice rig. Thanks for the info! I didnt realize how far forward those mlok slots were until you mentioned that... Hm... I may need to rethink my approach here.
Thing is, (and the reason i originally wanted an Area 419 rail) I really like the "ridges" that help lock the attachments in place rather than just friction. Same idea with the Ingenuity Gunworks rail.
Maybe i'll give Ingenuity a call and see if they can make an Mlok version that goes back far enough for the pro chassis.

Hey thanks a lot for the information!

Let us know what you find out!

I've found these under $800 a few places. Seems like you're getting a lot for your money.

I've found these under $800 a few places. Seems like you're getting a lot for your money.

Yeah im finding them at very comparable prices to the other options, the non-folder versions are less too. But honestly even at say $875, the folding version is one of the most affordable premium folding chassis available.

Anyone use this with aw mags? Like with a defiance cut for AWs. I'm going to drop in an ultimatum deadline into it. At least that's the plan

Reactions: Nathanm40a1
Ordered one from brownells. They had a 10% off coupon so got it around 825 I'll post some stuff once I get it.

Last edited:
Anyone use this with aw mags? Like with a defiance cut for AWs. I'm going to drop in an ultimatum deadline into it. At least that's the plan

You may want to call Magpul for that one. My assumption is yes no problem, but i dont think anyone can confirm how well a Deadline will fit and feed from the chassis because you may be the first to try that combo.

Magpul didnt understand what an AW mag was soooo they were not helpful. It will be here Thursday. brownells has them for 950 and I'm sure you can find a day with a good discount code. I got 10% off yesterday. Lucky me.

Also ordered a mlok arca rail from area419. May end up swapping it for the arcalock because of that integrated barricade stop.

Magpul didnt understand what an AW mag was soooo they were not helpful. It will be here Thursday. brownells has them for 950 and I'm sure you can find a day with a good discount code. I got 10% off yesterday. Lucky me.

I'm also planning the same build, still waiting for the parts though. I contacted Ultimatum about any potential compatibility issues with the Pro 700 and was told that the cocking sear on the Deadline bolt would likely drag against the buttstock hinge. They also mentioned that the mag release would have to be shortened to allow the mags to sit lower for proper feeding due to the Deadline's larger bolt diameter.

Already knew about the mag release, magpul wont give a second release either. Basically told me to fuck off in a polite way. Idk about the hinge though. it looks fairly low profile.

Already knew about the mag release, magpul wont give a second release either. Basically told me to fuck off in a polite way. Idk about the hinge though. it looks fairly low profile.
Everything on the stock can be flipped. So if the hinge is in the way, you could flip it to the other side. The stock would fold the other way but it wouldn't be in the way of your thumb.

ill post pics to see if it is a problem or not, ill also mic out the gap if it clears, i forgot that the bolt body on the deadline is substantially larger than the 700 bolt.

I'm also planning the same build, still waiting for the parts though. I contacted Ultimatum about any potential compatibility issues with the Pro 700 and was told that the cocking sear on the Deadline bolt would likely drag against the buttstock hinge. They also mentioned that the mag release would have to be shortened to allow the mags to sit lower for proper feeding due to the Deadline's larger bolt diameter.

I think the bigger problem will be upward pressure on the mags. You can file down the mag catch, but there is not an upward stop or limit for the mags. Upward pressure on the mags, say on a barricade or bag or whatever, will stop up the action. It does it on the Havak which has a full diameter bolt body. My nucleus also experiences this because of the 3 lugs. Let us know how it works out for you.

Pics would be awesome, I'm glad I found this thread, otherwise I'd be going into this build completely blind whilst confronting some less than favorable surprises.

Pics would be awesome, I'm glad I found this thread, otherwise I'd be going into this build completely blind whilst confronting some less than favorable surprises.
Dont worry. I'll be the tester lol
I think the bigger problem will be upward pressure on the mags. You can file down the mag catch, but there is not an upward stop or limit for the mags. Upward pressure on the mags, say on a barricade or bag or whatever, will stop up the action. It does it on the Havak which has a full diameter bolt body. My nucleus also experiences this because of the 3 lugs. Let us know how it works out for you.
The deadline actually had an upward limiter built in the action. I'll post pics tomorrow and show you. It's quite interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tactical Taz
I could be wrong, but I've compared a few pics of the cocking sear on the Deadline and it looks like the one in the photo was milled slightly to allow for clearance. If that's the case and the sear can be shaved down slightly without impeding function, that would be optimal.
26EF5DA3-469E-442E-B57A-7E5417A56D19.jpeg

Doubtful on that ill cut plastic before I file a cocking sear. Well see tomorrow. Fedex normally is at my place around 1

Stock does NOT fold over an Impact Precision action's bolt knob, so it has to be converted to left-handed folding for those with Impacts. Impact Precision trigger hanger fits no problem.
Thanks for the note! It is comical because in the Magpul promo video for this chassis on their webiste is with an Impact action, mind you they never actually show it folding.

I am seriously considering this for my Impact that is in an MPA right now, I just can't seem to get a good 90 deg trigger finger with the MPA vertical grip without floating my had a bit, so I would love to try the adjustable grip.

Can you guys comment or post a pic on the usefulness of the thumb shelf with the grip adjusted all the way forward? Just looking at pictures it looks like it might be a long reach backwards for your thumb.

Last edited:
While I do not have my grip adjusted all the way forward, it is pretty close. I find the thumb shelf very natural for my thumb. There is no strain at all to rest the thumb there. In other words, I do not have to bring my thumb back or reach back at all to rest my thumb on the shelf. I get my thumb most of the way up the shelf to where the front vertical angled surface is.

The stock will fold over the nucleus factory knob for those interested. It is the "lamp shade" some have been calling it. It clears, but not by much.

MAG997_Hero.png

Reactions: CV_Ag and Clint E.
Thanks for the note! It is comical because in the Magpul promo video for this chassis on their webist is with an Impact action, mind you they never actually show it folding.

I am seriously considering this for my Impact that is in an MPA right now, I just can't seem to get a good 90 deg trigger finger with the MPA vertical grip without floating my had a bit, so I would love to try the adjustable grip.

Can you guys comment or post a pic on the usefulness of the thumb shelf with the grip adjusted all the way forward? Just looking at pictures it looks like it might be a long reach backwards for your thumb.

I know right lol. I figured it had to fold over if the ad shows it using an Impact!

Anyways, as far as the grip/thumb shelf. When the grip is far forward (I didn't place it ALL the way forward, but I put it almost fully forward because I have tiny hands and it drives me nuts), I still found the shelf to be very comfortable.

Unfortunately I no longer have my chassis in-hand as I am currently in the middle of a trade to get a different color. Won't have my rifle back together for at least another 3 weeks. Ugh.

Reactions: Clint E.