• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul PRS stock

dartvidar

Private
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2010
I have a Magpul PRS stock, and I need to install a sling to my stock. What type of sling stud (mount) do you guys use, and where on the stock do you install the stud? Pictures and links wanted. Thanks

Re: Magpul PRS stock

Well, there are several ways you can go about mounting a sling on an AR equipped with a PRS, but it all depends on the particular sling you want to mount. What hardware does your sling have for starters since the hardware determines the mounts that you need?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dartvidar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have Viking tactical sling
http://www.vikingtactics.com/prod_sling_VTAC-MK1-a.html</div></div>

That's fine, but we all still need to know WHICH ATTACHMENTS you want to run on the sling?!?! (i.e. - Flush cup swivels, standard sling swivels, HK snap hooks, etc.). Also, what type of handguard are you running on your AR (basic free-float tube with a swivel stud, railed HG that can accommodate a variety of mounting points for the sling, HG with a built-in flush cup, etc.)?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On a side note...did that one HIDE member ever get his machined flush cup replacement bars for the PRS stock up and running? </div></div>

Let me preface this by saying that I THINK this is the same guy, but I can't swear to it. Look here for the Cascadia Armament Design sling mounts (he just posted updates on this project on BARFCOM late yesterday):

www.cascadiaarmamentdesign.com

If not through him...you can get a similar product which I have used and recommend from Brownells:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=41516/Product/AR_15_M16_PRS_STOCK_QD_SLING_ADAPTER

i think that one hide member posted his sling loop replacement QD pushbutton dealy and never followed thru and became a sponsor but i have seen it in a few places, just not here. the brownells one is flat it looks like. the other guy's is a nicer design

The MGSS unit from Brownells isn't "flat" by any means but there is no doubt that the Cascadia unit has a good bit more MEAT to it which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned given the stress/strain you can put on a sling (aisde from the folks who just use slings to haul their rifles around over their shoulders)!
wink.gif

Here's a couple of shots of the QD mount from cascadia armament. I have found that it works well. It has 1/4 turn limits.

Cascadia_Armament_PRS-2.jpg

Cascadia_Armament_PRS-1.jpg

Never followed through with the site sponsor thing because I had managed to get myself banned for a while.

I use rhe same setup--works well--wondered what happened to Cascadia Armament---I had forgotten the name and needed a 2nd one

I would like to know what parts D.Draig used to convert his POF P-308 over to the Magpul PRS stock.

I would also like to know what Charging handle he is using.

Nice-looking rig.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARctangent</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to know what parts D.Draig used to convert his POF P-308 over to the Magpul PRS stock.

Nice-looking rig.

</div></div>

For the Magpul PRS you need a rifle length buffer, standard A2 buffer tube, and a rifle length buffer spring.

From the looks of the charging handle, I would say it's a BCM Gunfighter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The MGSS unit from Brownells isn't "flat" by any means but there is no doubt that the Cascadia unit has a good bit more MEAT to it which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned given the stress/strain you can put on a sling (aisde from the folks who just use slings to haul their rifles around over their shoulders)!
wink.gif
</div></div>

I am the owner of both the provisional and utility patents for the design of the Magpul PRS QD sling plate. MGSS saw my Arf post when I first came out with the product and decided to make/market a cheap knock-off. When my utility patent finally comes though, I fully intend upon taking legal action.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARctangent</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am the owner of both the provisional and utility patents for the design of the Magpul PRS QD sling plate. MGSS saw my Arf post when I first came out with the product and decided to make/market a cheap knock-off. When my utility patent finally comes though, I fully intend upon taking legal action. </div></div>

Go get 'em!! If they are profiting from a design that they pirated, which you poured your heart, soul, time and money into developing...they get what's coming to them from a nice cease & decist letter followed by appropriate legal action!

I personally wasn't aware of the "history" of the design or who was making what. I know that there are different options including the MGSS and your "Cascadia Armament Design" units. I have not seen the Cascadia units first hand yet (just the numerous pics posted in the ARFCOM thread and elsewhere). To me, your Cascadia unit looks a better product based on what appears to be a stronger design/higher quality build. Knowing the "background" of this situation now, I'll stop referencing the MGSS design altogether and refer folks straight to the horse's mouth for flush-cup sling adapters made by the original! Best of luck with legal action to protect your designs/patents on this product (which is EXCELLENT for folks like me who want flush-cup mounts and not the traditional wide sling loops used by Magpul).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARctangent</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to know what parts D.Draig used to convert his POF P-308 over to the Magpul PRS stock.

Nice-looking rig.

</div></div>

Killshot hit it. I got the parts from Midway. DPMS buffer tube, spring and buffer for AR10. Charging handle is the BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 (Medium). It's not a lot bigger than the original CH, but it feels more solid on a quick pull.

I really appreciate the effort you took in developing the QD sling plate for the PRS. It is good design, well executed. Good luck with shutting down the imposters.

I've got the Cascadia Arms QDs on PRS stocked 223 and 308 ARs. They work great and the finish holds up beautifully. They pair really well with TAB slings, for what its worth.

Does anybody know what is going on with Cascadia Armament Design? They took my order on the 3rd of May but I have not had any further response from them yet other than an acknowledgment of my order. No product no word and it has been 11 days and counting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ric2504</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anybody know what is going on with Cascadia Armament Design? They took my order on the 3rd of May but I have not had any further response from them yet other than an acknowledgment of my order. No product no word and it has been 11 days and counting. </div></div>

Did you try contacting them through their site?

did you get a response? I was trying to order one and thier website is nt so user friendly. I sent an email through the site but it sucks you have to register as a user to be able to contact them. I also PM'd who I think is the person responsible for the product. I don't want to buy a knock off either. I want to support the original.

I ran the swivel mount on mine, best way to go

I contacted them asking questions about the product and his mod 1 and mod 2 differences. Received a very quick reply. then tried to purchase 2 of them, website kicks you out each time you hit "confirm your order" and tells you your credit card cannot be charged. I sent him an email reguarding this, and so far, no response. I have tried it about 15 different way, using different cards, changing info, I cant get it to complete the purchase. If anyone else ever hears from him lemme know.....

i got an email from him yesterday stating he was in the middle of changing his online CC system since the libtard googles banned his weapons sales business.

I have a phone number that I am gonna try tomorrow. If i am successful i'll pass it along.

I ordered one of the Cascadia mounts a couple weeks ago. I paid by personal check as his site had stated payment via check was necessary upon placing an order. It gave address info for sending payment.

I received the mount very quickly. So quickly that I am guessing he shipped the mount before cashing the check. He was very prompt. Great product in my opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D.Draig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a couple of shots of the QD mount from cascadia armament. I have found that it works well. It has 1/4 turn limits.

</div></div>

I have found these at brownells

He has his website checkout fixed. I just ordered mine. These look awesome.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: D.Draig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a couple of shots of the QD mount from cascadia armament. I have found that it works well. It has 1/4 turn limits.

</div></div>

A question about the part- on the top picture there it looks like this mount offers a QD socket, and still has a space behind it to attach a sling in the standard way.
Is this so?
If yes, then what width of sling can it take up to- 1", 1.25", etc. ?

I cannot find this product on there website??? and not contact info, are they still in business? and if so could some pm there phone number or contact info.... so I can order a flush cup prs adapter plate? I don't want to buy the brownells model, this looks much heavier.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The MGSS unit from Brownells isn't "flat" by any means but there is no doubt that the Cascadia unit has a good bit more MEAT to it which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned given the stress/strain you can put on a sling (aisde from the folks who just use slings to haul their rifles around over their shoulders)!
wink.gif
</div></div>

I am the owner of both the provisional and utility patents for the design of the Magpul PRS QD sling plate. MGSS saw my Arf post when I first came out with the product and decided to make/market a cheap knock-off. When my utility patent finally comes though, I fully intend upon taking legal action.

It's a great addition to 3 of my PRS stocks. But I am having a hard time trying to find them in stock. Both Brownells and Magpul do not have then in stock every time I go to either site.