• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Magpul Threatens To Leave Colorado

Re: Magpul Threatens To Leave Colorado

Sorry to hear this for Magpul. It's shitty for a company to have to move from a state they probably love because of some sorry ass politicians. Not to mention the families of the employees that will affected by this.

I'd love to see some sort of study (if even possible) on how much revenue an exodus from both citizens and companies that are leaving states due to retarded legislation is costing?

Would be a great eye opener as most blue states also seem to have budgetary issues.

Colo. House passes gun-control measures, all they need now is for the state senate to pass the measure. Come on down to GA MagPul, we're as red as it gets. We have a defunct GM plant that needs a new owner.

Gotta love a fucking biased poll where no matter how you answer it makes Magpul look like the bad guy. Way to go Denver Post...

DenverPost_zpsea13460b.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gladiator8us</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Colo. House passes gun-control measures, all they need now is for the state senate to pass the measure. Come on down to GA MagPul, we're as red as it gets. We have a defunct GM plant that needs a new owner. </div></div>

Actually, Oklahoma wins the title for the reddest state. Not a single district was won by the democrats in the past two presidential elections and there's no other state that can say that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gladiator8us</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Colo. House passes gun-control measures, all they need now is for the state senate to pass the measure. Come on down to GA MagPul, we're as red as it gets. We have a defunct GM plant that needs a new owner. </div></div>

2nd vote for GA

Everyone should email Magpul and let them know that if they move we will all continue to support them and thank them for standing up for the 2A. I did.

I emailed all Colorado senators to let them know I won't accept a job in CO if 1224 or 1226 pass. (And that I am unlikely to take a job if 1228 or 1229 pass.)

Larry Crowder responded very positively:

"I am and will be a staunch supporter of the 2nd amendment. I took an oath to uphold the constitution, and I take seriously and will stand by this I hope to hear more from you in the future. All gun bills still have to come before the Senate. Also, I am not towing a line with a party, As a veteran I actually believe what I say in this e-mail."

This is a quick hand typed response. What a stud.

Georgia!! I agree....good idea to let them know we will support them.

Good luck MagPul; You've been a good freind I'll go out and buy one of your stocks tommarrow PS (hang on stick together) with LaRue, Midway and others and refuse to sell to state goverment offices, police exc,exc. Barett started it all in Kalifornia and there STRONG. You do the same

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gotta love a fucking biased poll where no matter how you answer it makes Magpul look like the bad guy. Way to go Denver Post...

</div></div>

Reminds me of "Do you still beat your wife? Yes or No answers only please."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pmclaine</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gotta love a fucking biased poll where no matter how you answer it makes Magpul look like the bad guy. Way to go Denver Post...

</div></div>

Reminds me of "Do you still beat your wife? Yes or No answers only please." </div></div>

How else would she learn a lesson?? ahahaa

No really, I could give a shit where magpul produces their products.

I guess Colorado is not going to join the new Republic of the Free United Plains States

Lets face it, Colorado is full of pot smoking liberals. Magpul has balls for threatening to pull out, good for them. South Dakota needs another good gun company, they would be welcome here.

Sad as it sounds, the main people this new OH-bama crap is going to affect is people who actually work and pay taxes by putting them out of a job.

It is a sad day when working hard, paying your bills, and paying your taxes is the new minority....

Lets face it, Colorado is full of pot smoking liberals.

Pretty sure those aren't the people who would vote for this. In fact, I'm fairly certain they're part of the demographic that wants to leave the people alone.

Cox308,

That is probably a good idea. Who knows how long a move would take, but I hope Magpul does move. I would hate to see their statement go unfulfilled.

BC

I sent the following email to the Denver Post's editors email address listed on their website, and received an "out of office" auto-reply. Not a very well-run operation...

Dear Sirs:

In your recent online poll asking readers whether manufacturers of high-capacity magazines should leave Colorado if laws prohibiting ownership of their products are passed within the state, your "Yes" answer stated "Yes. Let them carry through with their recent threats to leave. Colorado doesn't need them here."

This is no better than the old courtroom joke of "do you still beat your wife, yes or no?" Might I suggest you change the language of the "Yes" answer to something that doesn't reflect the same sentiment as the "No" answer - that the manufacturer is somehow unreasonable for leaving a state where their product is not welcome?

Perhaps something like "Yes. Let them carry through with their recent threats to leave. Colorado doesn't DESERVE them here."

(signature)

Everyone should email Magpul and let them know that if they move we will all continue to support them and thank them for standing up for the 2A. I did.

Done. and i agree completely. let them know they are supported and we will stand up for them, for doing the right thing and taking a stand on OUR behalf.

-Paulus

As a Colorado native, I've become more and more disgusted with the direction we are heading. The recent mag ban and background check proposals literally ripped right through the House and on their way to becoming law I'm afraid. I can't even find a single .308 mag for my GAP-10 that's on it's way (decent priced that is). I don't blame magpul at all for leaving.....sad

I'll second KYpatriot. Home is home and I guess everybody is just a tad bit friendlier about guns than many other places. South central for me.

Being from Colorado I have written local Gov. About this many times, even begging them to call me for input on a working solution (being an expert in the field) with very little response. I fully support MagPuls decision to leave and have written to tell them so. If more private industries like MagPul and Barrett take a stand, the more the Government would have to listen. I hate that Colorado must loose such a gem but at the same time people need to understand that the good guys serve us everyday with firearms. Cops, Federal agents, security, military, private industry, commercial sales, private citizens, banks, sportsmen, bailiffs, marshals, bail bondsmen, and so many more. A few violent criminals should not justify punishing all of us who stand on the side of good.

I lived in Colorado for 2 years, and love the geography and outdoor activities there. That said, Denver was already a liberal sinkhole where I had to leave the city to purchase anything AR15. I would literally drive almost 2hrs up to Loveland just to buy, and eventually moved to Ft. Collins.

I'm glad I'm in Utah now, and not financially anchored to Colorado anymore, although I feel for those who live there and have mortgages. There are legal grounds for a class-action for pulling out of your mortgage without harm, and all court costs paid I think.

Whereas, I was born or moved to the State of Colorado when my inalienable rights were recognized, fully expecting those to rights be protected by the State and her legislators, with full intent to reside there permanently.

Whereas, the State of Colorado has violated those rights, ignored the Constitution, and chosen to criminalize my existence and freedoms.

By legal precedence and US law, a party found to be harmful to another shall be held to civil and or criminal violations, and bears the burden of placing the claimants into a reasonable position previous to the damages.

As such, the State of Colorado bears the burden of damages done to current residents within the State, who are now criminalized and lessened with regards to their Constitutional rights that are no longer protected by the State. As many of these residents will now be forced to re-locate, the State of Colorado must pay damages and costs for all parties seeking this recourse, to include real estate liquidation, loss of home value, closing costs, moving costs, dislocation allowances, loss of employment, economic damage done to those who can't or won't leave the State, and any damages or harmful circumstances not mentioned.

I'm sure there are plenty of attorneys that would love to jump in on this one.

A few violent criminals should not justify punishing all of us who stand on the side of good.

When was the last time you saw a criminal on TV sporting an AR covered with Magpul stuff? Probably never.

These libtards hate the 2nd amendment and want to do away with it, end of story. There's no room for negotiation with them, no reasoning with them, they think that the 2nd doesn't exist and gun enthusiasts are a bunch of knuckle draggers.

This reply shows that letters form out of jurisdiction can work. Keep writing.

Hello everyone,

Thank you for writing to me about firearms legislation. This week I received over 4,000 emails about the bills introduced February 8. While I would like to write each of you individually, the mere volume of emails I received (and am still receiving!) prevents me from doing this. But please know that I have read your concerns, and I am excited to see so many of you involved in the political process.

Most of you wrote to me in opposition to the universal background check for firearms transfers and the limit on ammunition magazine size. Some of you that receive this email wrote in favor of these bills, but the vast majority did not support these pieces of legislation. Either way, let me explain how I feel about these bills, and why I voted NO against all of them.

I believe that one of the government’s few jobs is to provide safety for all its citizens. This is why we have the police force, fire department, and men and women of our armed forces. Protecting innocent human lives is important. As a former law enforcement official, I experienced first hand the danger that guns can present when in the wrong hands. Criminals have used guns against me, and solely by the grace of God am I here to help craft laws to increase our safety. Guns in the hands of those who wish to do evil can have disastrous consequences on our society, but they also provide safety to those who need to defend themselves when law enforcement cannot help. In all too many situations, the police department cannot get to the scene of a crime before it is tragically too late. Because of this, I believe the government should ensure that citizens have an simple process to acquire weapons for self-protection. Our Nation's Founding Fathers understood this. They knew we have a fundamental need to protect ourselves from two groups — the first group is evil-doers who wish to harm our families. The second group is, in fact, an out of control tyrannical government, just like the one our Founder's fought so valiantly against to give us all freedom and liberty.

House Bill 13-1229, which would require universal background checks on firearms transfers, severely extends the amount of time a person can purchase a gun privately. Now, I understand the opposition’s argument. A criminal can purchase a gun from a law-abiding citizen and commit more crimes. The opposition claims that a universal background check would prevent this. I disagree. Criminals will still avoid the law (by nature of being a criminal) and get access to firearms without a background check. While the drafters of this bill may have good intentions, I think this bill will ultimately harm law abiding citizens and make purchasing a gun for protection more onerous.

House Bill 13-1224 would limit the size of ammunition magazines. I also voted “NO” on this bill. While, again, I believe the sponsors of this bill had good intentions to protect the safety of our citizens, this legislation is misguided at best. Banning large capacity magazines will actually not increase public safety. In fact, it will make us all LESS safe. A practiced criminal can unload a magazine and load a new one in a matter of seconds. For a trained criminal, this bill will not slow the rate of shooting or decrease the devastation caused, but this legislation will make people less able to protect themselves against intruders and assailants against themselves and their families and loved ones - and that is wrong.

The recent tragic shootings are cause for intense concern, no doubt. But rather than legislating to slow the purchase of guns, I believe that allowing our citizens to easily obtain guns for self-protection and the protection of our most valuable asset — our children — is a much better idea. It is also an idea that our Founding Fathers would adhere to as they indicated in the Second Amendment, rights which have recently been upheld and sustained by our United States Supreme Court in District of Columbia v. Heller. I swore an oath to protect and defend our US Constitution and our Colorado Constitution. If I voted any other way but NO on these gun control bills, I would be violating that oath.

For those of you that wrote to me in favor of these bills, I appreciate your input. However, I believe these bills do more harm than good. The public safety of our State and Nation is a discussion we must continue to have and a topic we must act on with certainty. Our action should be focused on the evil-doers, not on just one of the tools they choose to use against us. I hope to continue to offer solutions in the form of better mental health care standards in our state, stricter penalties for violent criminals and better law enforcement response times and stationing in our schools.

Thank you again for writing me. If I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact my office.

Sincerely,

Jared

Hey guys I am from Kentucky also. I just turned 57 years old an only recently pull my head out of my ass in the last few years. I've been to busy working and raising kids to be descent Americans and they are. One of our biggest problems is we have been out bred. Now the descent people who had no more kids than they could afford to raise both finacially and morally have been out voted. I have been absorbing the news for the last 5 or 6 years and trying to glean the truth, which by the way is real hard with all the bias. I think we are going at this the wrong way. Our fore fathers experianced the same thing we are going thru right now. The hard working folks back then were being taxed and controlled by a government that gave nothing back. And by the way nearly everyone was hard working back then, there were very few free loaders. The people that wrote our constition knew that we the people needed a way to keep a government from taking from us without purpose, what we had worked for all our lives. That's what's in the constitution! I personally don't think many in Washington or State government gives a tinkers damn whether we have a right to bear arms. Most are just afraid to oppose it. If we are going to fight this we need to use what they all value. "MONEY" We need to find a way to make all manufactorers get on one side of the fence. If the arms lobby and NRA or who ever else could figure a way to make them say we're with you or we are against you. We could break them with our pocket books. If Coke or Budwieser says ney we drink Pepsi & Coors. If Ford says ney we drive Chevy. If every gun lover, hunter, collector or just anyone who believes in the 2nd Ammendment whether they owned guns or not bought only from companies that were with us this would be over in 3 years & never to be visited again. And how about politicians, who are all about special interest money. Just like buy American, buy gun friendly! With the internet there has to be a way to unite and be counted as one and strong. We can't out vote the free loaders, but we can out spend them!!!!

Hey guys I am from Kentucky also. I just turned 57 years old an only recently pull my head out of my ass in the last few years. I've been to busy working and raising kids to be descent Americans and they are. One of our biggest problems is we have been out bred. Now the descent people who had no more kids than they could afford to raise both finacially and morally have been out voted. I have been absorbing the news for the last 5 or 6 years and trying to glean the truth, which by the way is real hard with all the bias. I think we are going at this the wrong way. Our fore fathers experianced the same thing we are going thru right now. The hard working folks back then were being taxed and controlled by a government that gave nothing back. And by the way nearly everyone was hard working back then, there were very few free loaders. The people that wrote our constition knew that we the people needed a way to keep a government from taking from us without purpose, what we had worked for all our lives. That's what's in the constitution! I personally don't think many in Washington or State government gives a tinkers damn whether we have a right to bear arms. Most are just afraid to oppose it. If we are going to fight this we need to use what they all value. "MONEY" We need to find a way to make all manufactorers get on one side of the fence. If the arms lobby and NRA or who ever else could figure a way to make them say we're with you or we are against you. We could break them with our pocket books. If Coke or Budwieser says ney we drink Pepsi & Coors. If Ford says ney we drive Chevy. If every gun lover, hunter, collector or just anyone who believes in the 2nd Ammendment whether they owned guns or not bought only from companies that were with us this would be over in 3 years & never to be visited again. And how about politicians, who are all about special interest money. Just like buy American, buy gun friendly! With the internet there has to be a way to unite and be counted as one and strong. We can't out vote the free loaders, but we can out spend them!!!!

I like your thinking. It has value. The free loaders are not the ones that get taxed and they wont fill the campaign chests of the opressors.

Thing is you have the Bloomberg or Buffets that use the system to get their wealth than want to shut the door behind them. Bloomberg is doing all kinds of damage right now with his money. We have a media that fails to fulfill the purpose it was provided the First Amendment. We have many on our side who are apathetic.

You are right money talks the question is how to get a strong block to cut off the flow.

Last edited:
Free loaders can only vote. Corporate America fills the campaign chests. We have to figure out where people like Bloomberg & Buffet get their money, what they're vested in and then boycott. How about a boycott on the gekko insurance company I think that's Buffet. How about no travel to New York or products made there. I know some of us may be from those states, but I'm guessing if you are, you're already screwed. Nothing gets attention like someones hand in your pocket. Lord knows someones hands in our pockets! I made a stand against Starbucks because of the PITA thing. As far as the media thing. Quit watching the news. You don't need to know what's going on if it's not the truth. And how about re-electing no-one. If 30 or 40% of those old crusty bastards were looking for a job next election someone might set up and take notice. Nuff said,

Revenue? Whats that? You mean to tell me that a gun ban is going to effect revenue the govt gets? Oh well we will just make the rich pay their "fair share" that will fix everything.