• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Magpul X22 Stock Ruger 10-22

308 Rem

Private
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2013
Pasadena Tx
Who has tried it did you have to Bed and Float it After install its got a wobble in it

Thanks for input

Last edited:
Who has tried it did you have to Bed and Float it After install its got a wobble in it

Thanks for input

I have one on my Ruger 10/22 build with a FJ Fedderson barrel and a Kidd trigger. I didn't bed it. No wobble. Little flex (it is a plastic stock).

I did remove the foreward support that that is in the same location as the band on the classic carbine. Magpul instructions are clear on how to do this. Shoots great!

I also have a Victor titan stock I use for the rifle. I can switch between them in a minute. I prefer the Titan if I am going to be shooting from a support or prone from a bipod. However, I greatly prefer the X22 if I will be shooting off-hand. Also the X22 is easier to set the correct comb height.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: 308 Rem
Mine did have wobble but I cut out some aluminum tape and added enough layers to fix it. It shoots half inch groups with Blazer ammo of all ammo. I will say I love this stock. It just shoulders so well and still I have no problem with cheek weld behind a scope. So I go back and forth with a scope and iron sights. The Victor is great for solid scope work but not for irons.

I have one on a lightweight build. It is a fairly solid stock, no wobble in mine.

Reactions: 308 Rem
I put both a Ruger 10/22 and a Supergrade Kidd into the same X22. The Ruger had noticeable wobble and wiggle. Put the Kidd in and it is rock solid. Have not removed the barrel support ... yet. The Kidd performs pretty good in the X22. Not ready to experiment with it ... yet.