• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

makeshift cheek pad.

chriso

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2008
California
my m24 stock should be in tomorrow and I was wondering what some stuff "MATERIAL/ TYPE OF TAPE" some people are using to make cheek pads Nothing fancy just tape and a type of pad... thanks guys!!!

Re: makeshift cheek pad.

I don't know how high you want to go but I have found these work well. Basically a mouse pad with super-strength adhesive. Simply peel and stick. Question is will it get you high enough. Check the sizes once you know. The adhesive has held up so far on both of mine and I think you could actually stick one to another for additional height.

Adhesive Cheek Pad at Brownells

Voodoo

Where can I get this foam lrs50 bmg??? I don't need it to be that high It's on a badger ordnance 20 MOA base and leupold mark 4 rings I think they are low rings...

Eagle/blackhawk stock pack with closed cell foam under it.
YMMV, Rob

Got a great tip from Hogstooth:

Lay whatever padding you have under the stockpack (double or triple up if needed). Once you get the right size, glue the pieces together and then pick up a bit of the velcro at a craft store. Glue this on the top and it will keep it attached to the underside of the pack. If you use tape (I did that first), you will need to redo it each time you want to take out the bolt as you can not get it out the back with the cheek piece attached. This part sucked so do so only if you can keep the piece short enough or far back.
Chad

Clearence to get the bolt out is one thing, but clearence for your cleaning rod handle is also important.

Otherwise you will need an extra long cleaning rod or you will have to bend the rod which can not be good.

That is why I finally went to an easily removed/replaced stock pack.

OFG

I have seen where mole skin or mole pads were used. Does anyone have any experience with this or other materials in the field?

I greatly appreciate the information!

Small towel folded to proper height for me. Taped with 100mph tape. Nothing fancy but worked well.

I've been using a lace-on or strap-on stock pack and EVA foam sheets from Hobby Lobby. The foam sheets come in 2mm and 5mm thicknesses. I cut pieces approximately 1.5" wide by the length of the stock pack and stack them until I have enough thickness to get A proper cheek weld, then stick them to each other and to the underside of the stock pack using double sided carpet tape. The foam pads stay in place when I have to remove the stock pack.

You should check out the Triad Tactical stock pouches. They come with internal risers if you want added height, they not only look good but are very functional and stay on rock solid.

You should check out the Triad Tactical stock pouches. They come with internal risers if you want added height, they not only look good but are very functional and stay on rock solid.

I took a strip of garden variety Velcro hook side and put it on the top of the buttstock to hold the Velcro nap strips that Triad provides in place. It holds the stock pad in place and no shifting or sliding with use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took a strip of garden variety Velcro hook side and put it on the top of the buttstock to hold the Velcro nap strips that Triad provides in place. It holds the stock pad in place and no shifting or sliding with use.

Interesting. Mine is on there very solid without any movement, maybe I have a newer one that is improved, or it just seems to be better suited for my stock? The 3 straps that go along the bottom of the stock and 1 strap that goes across the butt pad is doing a very good job holding my stock in place without any wiggle, it is on a Savage Accustock.

kydex and Velcro or two sided tape. I got enough kydex to make two cheek risers for less than 10 bucks from amazon.

McRee puts out a stock pack that works great, since it has a double zipper compartment. It enables you to carry tools needed for that rifle and scope combo. I also include a Rite in the Rain pad and pencil, it allows me to track rounds fired along with notes needed.

Gonna have to agree with others about the 100mph tape and rag/mouse pad/something soft