• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Malicious Virus detected

BigBoss0311

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2009
Allen, TX
2nd time this has happened when I come to this site. This is what my virus protection (Norton) says:

Category: Intrusion Prevention
Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action,IPS Alert Name,Default Action,Action Taken,Attacking Computer,Attacker URL,Destination Address,Source Address,Traffic Description
12/10/2011 12:54 AM,High,An intrusion attempt by wow.incgamers.com was blocked.,Blocked,No Action Required,Web Attack: Malicious Java Download 3,No Action Required,No Action Required,"wow.incgamers.com (89.107.69.70, 80)",wow.incgamers.com/w/ml.jar

Re: Malicious Virus detected

My Chrome browser will not let me go to SH forum, because of malware.

But my Mozilla browser will.

getting it too. started yesterday. got thesame type of thing a few monthes ago.

I had to loosen the security on my firefox browser to get in here ... said that it has been reported as a malware attack site. Site administrators, any info to pass?

For the past few days my avast has been blocking this site due to malware. Had to disable it to view the hide.

Mac

I'm also getting a warning from Google Chrome on my Mac. I then get a note that a Java plug-in is requesting permission to run.

—Andreas

firefox is blocking me entering saying spyware and malicious virus alert, started today for the first time

Get the same stuff with AVG and firefox. Not sure what's up with that, but I might think it could have to do with the big influx of new members? Not trying to bash anybody, but it just started last night or today on my end.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hiddenmongoose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">firefox is blocking me entering saying spyware and malicious virus alert, started today for the first time</div></div>

Same here. I sent a description with a screenshot to LL. Probably one of thousands, but maybe everyone else was thinking that too.

Using Firefox here, and it wouldn't let me in. Without 'circumventing' it, that is.

Also, AVG caught and removed two virii. All this started yesterday..

Kaspersky has been telling me that trojan programs have been trying to hack my computer for the last couple of days when I open up a page on snipershide.

Looks like this is old news, but Mozilla blocked me out. Had to ignore the security warning to enter. Worked fine at 07:00.

Maybe the lunar eclipse lol?

I just got a similar message on my first trip here today. The detailed message was as follows.

<span style="font-weight: bold">
Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for snipershide.com/forum</span>
<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*] <span style="font-weight: bold">What is the current listing status for snipershide.com/forum?</span>

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.[*] <span style="font-weight: bold">What happened when Google visited this site?</span>

Of the 25 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 6 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2011-12-10, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2011-12-10.

Malicious software includes 1 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 4 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including incgamers.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS7796 (ATMLINK).[*] <span style="font-weight: bold">Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?</span>

Over the past 90 days, snipershide.com/forum did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.[*] <span style="font-weight: bold">Has this site hosted malware?</span>

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.[*] <span style="font-weight: bold">How did this happen?</span>

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.[*] <span style="font-weight: bold">Next steps:</span>

Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using [*] <span style="font-weight: bold">Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.</span> [/list]

I've got a feeling it's something linking in through the ads again, no virus alerts on my computer other than the Google warning. Running Firefox with AdBlock Plus.

I got the same warning as c_bass16.

There's also a script that causes AdBlock Plus to lag (because of the flash ads?).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've got a feeling it's something linking in through the ads again, no virus alerts on my computer other than the Google warning. Running Firefox with AdBlock Plus. </div></div>

Firefox blocked the site on me also...

I can't get on at all with firefox. I'm on my phone typing this. Firefox works fine for other sites but if I try to come here firefox locks up and stops working until I reboot. WTF?

I already posted this in2 other locations, a group tried hacking the site on Friday morning and the server company stopped and removed the code. However because of the way google indexes the site they consider the site compromised until otherwise noted.

I am in Vegas doing the 338 bullet test, from 5Am until tonight I was in the desert shooting, and I only have very limited access in the hotel using my iPad. So I cannot get Ggogle to re-index the site until I return tomorrow.

The virus is no longer on the site but google considers it until manually asked to check otherwise. The site was cleaned almost immediately on Friday morning. They hackers have tried numerous time to access the site however we have a 5 minute monitor checking. The site is fine...

Nothing we can do about the warnings until google acknowledges the request and clears it. Unfortunately they (the hackers) picked the very moment I left to fly to Vegas for the test.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I am in Vegas doing the 338 bullet test, from 5Am until tonight I was in the desert shooting, </div></div>

Slacking off again??!! :) Thx for the heads up on the virus.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Andreas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm also getting a warning from Google Chrome on my Mac. I then get a note that a Java plug-in is requesting permission to run.

—Andreas
</div></div>

I was getting that too, and knew something was wrong, this was on Fri, so I left and when I returned yesterday google chrome was going nuts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I already posted this in2 other locations, a group tried hacking the site on Friday morning and the server company stopped and removed the code. However because of the way google indexes the site they consider the site compromised until otherwise noted.

I am in Vegas doing the 338 bullet test, from 5Am until tonight I was in the desert shooting, and I only have very limited access in the hotel using my iPad. So I cannot get Ggogle to re-index the site until I return tomorrow.

The virus is no longer on the site but google considers it until manually asked to check otherwise. The site was cleaned almost immediately on Friday morning. They hackers have tried numerous time to access the site however we have a 5 minute monitor checking. The site is fine...

Nothing we can do about the warnings until google acknowledges the request and clears it. Unfortunately they (the hackers) picked the very moment I left to fly to Vegas for the test. </div></div>

They must be watching you.
Have you thought about a body double to carry out the day to day appearances?