• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

***Windows Virus and Malware Removal***

Re: ***Windows Virus and Malware Removal***

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bryan,
Check your HOSTS file and reset IE's defaults as outlined earlier in this thread.

I had one the other day that had the HOSTS file locked down.
I had to boot the machine to a Live Windows CD to gain control and delete the file, then replace it with a clean one.</div></div>
Are you using Bart for that?

Yes. It's a Bootable live CD that I downloaded some years back. Bart PE, the Superpower or something like that.

Bart is cool, I have a BART PE cd somewhere that has some super cool admin tools on it - they used to charge like $4000 for it until Bart released their software...

I worked on a laptop that wouldn't connect to the internet and it ended up being that the user installed two antivirus/firewall programs, Norton and mcafee. Onec I removed both programs(user didn't have a current subscription) all was well. I had to use the Norton-removal-tool to wipe norton out.
I installed, what I believe to be the best standalone anti-virus, Nod32 by eset.

Good info! Thank you for taking the time to write this up and help out fellow hiders! I hope my gunsmith doesn't read this, I trade services with him, PC work for gunsmithin'.
smile.gif

Kyle