• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mammoth Sniper Challenge - January 6-8, 2012

Re: Mammoth Sniper Challenge - January 6-8, 2012

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Comanche</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dont worry to much Jon, I'm sure Clark will give you a piggy back ride if need be.

Ronnie</div></div>

Don't think he is broke to saddle yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its unfair to allow all calibers in the tough man. It should be military calibers only as originally concepted. I know this decision has been made, but it puts us with <span style="font-weight: bold">military-real-world-grade rifles</span> at disadvantage to those who like to spend $$$$ on 7WSM and such.
Tough Man should be just that, not catered to those to like to game these events.

This is a disappointing decision.

</div></div>

If thats the case I should be able to use my AI 338 right? I'd happily hump around 10 pounds in ammo for the event just to use it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its unfair to allow all calibers in the tough man. It should be military calibers only as originally concepted. I know this decision has been made, but it puts us with military-real-world-grade rifles at disadvantage to those who like to spend $$$$ on 7WSM and such.
Tough Man should be just that, not catered to those to like to game these events.

This is a disappointing decision.

</div></div>

Since when did you decide what is fair or unfair for Joe's match? Last time I checked barrel blanks for a 308 and 260 cost the same. Componets are a negligible cost difference. The fact that you choose to build a 308 instead of a different caliber is your fault.

Here2Lean -

Toughman based on the original military concept is a great idea, to shoot whats being used in the real world out in the field.
To allow gamers using their laser rifles with custom hot loaded ammo (factory ammo was never a restriction in the original concept, but it seem like an even better idea) - well, takes the match from a Real World Tough Man match to a plain old sniper match, same as it ever was.
That aside, there nothing like changing the rules AFTER the registrations are in.

Rules were not changed after anything. All rules were updated before registration was even open.

Guys you are taking this too seriously. It is a competition and the caliber restriction was lifted to let more people COMPETE with the equipment they already have and not have to build or borrow something.

The tough man will not be decided by calibers I assure you. It will be decided by the best team all around with shooting being the most important. Last time I checked a 308 won the last Mammoth match. Great job by Ryan shooting a .308

Thanks again Joe, super excited to see what's in store.

After shooting Joe's matches have my doubt's that the winner will be because of caliber selection. knowing ranging techniques and your rifle will serve far better then a guichi caliber. I will qualify this by saying last year I finished low mid pack but it was not because I shot a 308. Shoot well have fun the rest will take care of itself

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bama110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After shooting Joe's matches have my doubt's that the winner will be because of caliber selection. knowing ranging techniques and your rifle will serve far better then a guichi caliber. I will qualify this by saying last year I finished low mid pack but it was not because I shot a 308. Shoot well have fun the rest will take care of itself</div></div>

Completely agree. The earlier quote (Tomcat) that not having caliber restrictions in TM is "unfair" obviously comes from one who has not shot many matches. Much less this one.

The definition of Tough Man at this comp is humping all your kit for over 13 miles during the course of the match.

DTI - how can you know how many match's I've shot? Sound like your arrogantly trying to provoke me.

Try reading my tag line, then make a decision if you think I've ever humped shit around, dumass.

Is there any point value attached to the time to move between stages on the Toughman or is the score all based on shooting?

Also has anyone ever run the Toughman as a one man team and finished with a decent score?

There is no point value for the movement between stages. You just have to make it to the next stage in the time alloted. The first team to reach the next stage will however pick the shooting order for that stage.

I see a reality show. "Shooters Of The Mammoth Challenge" lol!
I'm glad I just go to have fun. Damn!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1b375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rules were not changed after anything. All rules were updated before registration was even open.

Guys you are taking this too seriously. It is a competition and the caliber restriction was lifted to let more people COMPETE with the equipment they already have and not have to build or borrow something.

The tough man will not be decided by calibers I assure you. It will be decided by the best team all around with shooting being the most important. Last time I checked a 308 won the last Mammoth match. Great job by Ryan shooting a .308

</div></div>

Second place team also, I ran a 308 for primary and the backup to the broken rifle was 308.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ouch!!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep the weather here is ridiculous at best. I have a feeling its going to be very wet and 50's probably high winds. Last year was the year of the snow.
</div></div>

So now that we are already getting record snow this year, think it could be a repeat?

Last (winter) match was cold, the whole time and at 11:00 at night (night shoot) it just sucked.

Either way I will bring more than I need just because I don’t like being cold
laugh.gif

We have a some slots left. There are a lot of teams saying they are coming and we will get out entry to you soon. Once we are full then we are full. We don't have a lot of slots left, some teams may be left out because they waited to long ot get their entry in.

This looks like a great match! I regret that I can't make it. Good shooting.

We have a new sponsor on board for the match. Remington Defense is now on board with us. More details to follow about what they are bringing.

When can we expect the website to indicate registration status? I sent in reg form and $$ nearly two months ago and received no confirmation.

Thanks! My partner and I are stoked!

Please email me at [email protected]

We have sent out confirmations to all received entries. If we missed you then there was no email on the form.

sorry I'm late, does this shoot still have any open slots?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sorry I'm late, does this shoot still have any open slots?</div></div>

Conract joe at [email protected]. He can let you know

Little more than a month away. Getting fired up !!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clank</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Little more than a month away. Getting fired up !!! </div></div>

Me too. Been training hard!

Just got confirmation that USO will be a sponsor for the match. Sponsor list is shaping to be great.

Wanted to give a big thanks out to Scott McCree of McCree Precision. They were already a stage sponsor but notified us today that he will be giving away 6 of his chassis at the match.

Look forward to seeing a lot of you guys there. Match preperations have already begun. It is gonna be a ton of fun but will still be a tough match as usual.

We have about 5 slots left that I was holding for people. I have not received a registration from them so if anyone wants them get in touch with me([email protected]).

Hey Joe, Is there a round count for primary/secondary scattered in here that I cant find?

Joe,

Looking forward to the match! Can you please clarify something specific to the TM category? Should we be prepared to carry everything we need for the whole match when we start on Friday or can we re-supply each evening for the next day's stages?

I've heard rumors both ways and wanted to be sure I understood what is expected. It's time to fine tune gear and supplies!

Thanks!
David

Good call David.

The rules state "Must carry all gear needed to complete the <span style="text-decoration: underline">stages for the day</span>. This includes everything you need to compete including weapons, ammunition, food, water, maintenance items, etc."

Checking everyone's bags for the same content all three days would be a little much in my opinion.

Waiting to hear official word.

You will have to carry what you need for the day only. Once you return to the lodge you will be able to reset your gear for the next day. We have added one dimension to the tough man. We will resupply you with water one time per team on Saturday.

We have more TM teams than regular teams, gonna be fun.

John, I will have a very accurate target count after this weekend. I am actually on the road heading there now. Remember max of 4 shots per target.

How will guns going down be dealt with? I seem to experience this problem a lot! Usually have a Back up with me on the trip but not on site.

If you are running the tough man and a gun goes down and you can't fix it with what you have you will have the opportunity to go to a regular squad and finish the match as a regular team.

If a gun goes down on a stage while shooting the stage you will not be given the opportunity to fix the gun and shoot the stage again in either division.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1b375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are running the tough man and a gun goes down and you can't fix it with what you have you will have the opportunity to go to a regular squad and finish the match as a regular team.

If a gun goes down on a stage while shooting the stage you will not be given the opportunity to fix the gun and shoot the stage again in either division. </div></div>

Will the option to finish the stage with the other team members weapon be possible?

Everyone needs to check the website. A few times have changed on Friday morning.

We made a few hour adjustment to allow for bad weather. Plus the regular teams will have a chance to warm up between stages. Tough man squads you will just have to suck it up if the weather gets bad.

Just wanted to see if my math is correct. According to the match website there are approximately 60 targets for the primary and 40 for the secondary so 240 and 160 rounds max for the respective weapons? Is this an accurate estimate or will fewer rounds be more realistic?

Thanks for clarifying!

I guess no spinner this year or I need to do a lot better then 27 rounds to get it to spin this time

Realistic target count is about 48-50 primary and secondary is 35-40.

There is no spinner this time for secondary. The secondary shooter is just as important as the primary in the match.

Thanks for the clarification on the # of targets Joe. I liked the spinner. Wasn't a problem with an AR-10
smile.gif

Its good that the 2ndary is just as important and primary. Chase has a good strong back and I need all the help I can get
smile.gif

David we replaced the spinner with a new target.

That one target will have a max limit of 10 rounds. I think people will be intrigued by it and it could really help your team gain some points.

I'll save y'all some trouble and say "don't ask cause I'm positive Joe aint telling."<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1b375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">David we replaced the spinner with a new target.

That one target will have a max limit of 10 rounds. I think people will be intrigued by it and it could really help your team gain some points. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the clarification on the # of targets Joe. I liked the spinner. Wasn't a problem with an AR-10
smile.gif
</div></div>

Agreed, the 308 really got it moving fast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bmarc69</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll save y'all some trouble and say "don't ask cause I'm positive Joe aint telling."<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1b375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">David we replaced the spinner with a new target.

That one target will have a max limit of 10 rounds. I think people will be intrigued by it and it could really help your team gain some points. </div></div> </div></div>

Come on, don't do me like that
frown.gif
. At least give us a hint
confused.gif