• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Man gets 16yrs for burning Lgbtq Flag

It wasnt just 'burning the flag', it was more than that...(though I do think 16 years a bit excessive)...this guy is/was an explosion waiting to happen.

16 years in prison on convictions of committing a hate crime, third-degree harassment and reckless use of fire as a habitual offender. Given that Martinez had a lengthy history of harassment and felony offenses and showed no remorse,

Hi,

Fake Headline.......
Nothing but a sensational headline to rile people up...right up until the point you read the entire crime list and conviction report.
We have to stand up for wrong vs right; not party vs party; not gender vs gender; not "identify as" vs "identify as".....
This guy is just another perpetual criminal that liked to bully people via harassment through fire.....good riddance from the public streets!!!

Sincerely,
Theis

@THEIS beat me to the punch.

When the trial started a thread was made here about it, this has been hashed out here previously.

The guy is a loser and a cancer on society.

Funny how people bitch when a criminal is out of prison and commits a crime "he should've been locked up"

But when one is out and gets put in prison now the cry is "that's not right"

The media gets in your head. Dont let it.

He hates gays , when he gets to prison the first thing he will do is have gay sex. He would of been better off blowing everyone instead of burning there flag.

@THEIS beat me to the punch.

When the trial started a thread was made here about it, this has been hashed out here previously.

The guy is a loser and a cancer on society.

Funny how people bitch when a criminal is out of prison and commits a crime "he should've been locked up"

But when one is out and gets put in prison now the cry is "that's not right"

The media gets in your head. Dont let it.
You're right. As I had stated in my post, I wasn't able to read the article due to 'adblockers'. But the headline itself described an atrocity. Thanks all for 'more info'.

While adding “hate crime” to it is idiotic. Maybe this idiot should think twice before stealing and destroying someone else’s property. No matter what it is. Like the American flag burners, this was simply a jackass move.

Reactions: Greg Langelius *
buy your own and burn it if you want to .. burn it in your front yard its your money to waist , you can do it .

16 years is pretty ridiculous for destroying a $20 item.
Quit being a dumbass and trying hard to push for 100 posts in less than a week. Read the entire article and do your home work. The 16 years was because he was a habitual criminal and society said "we have had a enough of you".

Why do these these people think protesting and "making a statement is going to accomplish anything? All it does it puts you on the radar at best, puts you in the lockup at worst. Personally, I think a better strategy is to lay low, stay out of the limelight and prepare so in the event we do have a SHTF situation, we have all of our stuff, and the enemy really doesn't know who they are up against until they are confronted. To me, the element of surprise is worth much more than making a statement by getting busted in a protest.
Bottom line... Don't show your hand and keep 'em guessing.

Reactions: Yasherka
Why do these these people think protesting and "making a statement is going to accomplish anything? All it does it puts you on the radar at best, puts you in the lockup at worst. Personally, I think a better strategy is to lay low, stay out of the limelight and prepare so in the event we do have a SHTF situation, we have all of our stuff, and the enemy really doesn't know who they are up against until they are confronted. To me, the element of surprise is worth much more than making a statement by getting busted in a protest.
Bottom line... Don't show your hand and keep 'em guessing.
I agree with that to an extent. I am getting old 71 years now. I keep thinking of what one of our founders said. Liberty is lost everytime we just standby and do nothing when it is violated. I can shoot pretty good from a bench. Can't shoot prone or run more that a few paces. The enemy will not wait until I am set up at the bench. Maybe I can shine the light for others. I like this saying "A lighthouse does not run around the island looking for ships. It just stands there shining" Not that I think my light is always very bright.

Reactions: deersniper