• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manfrotto Arca Adapter for a Mod Dos?

Defender3

Online Training Member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2010
    Behind Enemy Lines
    I'd like to set up an observation center using a Mod Dos. I have a Manfrotto tripod with a 322RC2 pistol grip head (which uses their QR clamp, 200PL I think) and am trying to figure out an easy way to get the darn Dos (Arca) clamped to the RC2. I'd like a direct screw clamp so I'm not stacking clamps, but the RC2 has two closely spaced east to west holes versus most Arca clamps north to south holes (and spaced further). Neither my RRS SOAR or Area 419 Arca clamp will work. I've read a number of Hide threads but none seem to answer the Dos to RC2 question.

Anyone using this setup and solve the challenge?

TIA

Attachments

• RC2.jpg
      RC2.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 38
    • RRS.jpg
      RRS.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 38
    Last edited:
    Not sure if this info will help or not. Says: "Equipped with a machined in Arca Swiss plate, and can convert to Manfrotto, Picatinny, or the ultra-light Outdoorsman attachment interfaces (not included)."

Not sure if this info will help or not. Says: "Equipped with a machined in Arca Swiss plate, and can convert to Manfrotto, Picatinny, or the ultra-light Outdoorsman attachment interfaces (not included)."
    Yes, the MOD DOS has a machined Arca, but some sort of clamp will be needed to adapt to the RC2 or replace the RC2 on the head. In the second pic you can see, even if it fit the RC2, the height of the RC2 lever will interfere with the bottom of MOD DOS' rail.

Attachments

• Mod Dos.jpg
      Mod Dos.jpg
      888.9 KB · Views: 36
    • Mod Dos vs RC2.jpg
      Mod Dos vs RC2.jpg
      863.4 KB · Views: 40
    I think I found what I need. This clamp will fit the 200pl slot of the RC2.

The Pro Media Gear RC 60 worked. It fits the Manfrotto RC2 with the 200PL. When I get some anti-rotation pins, I'll just replace the 200PL with the ARCA clamp.

Attachments

• IMG_6842.jpg
      IMG_6842.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 38
    • IMG_6841.jpg
      IMG_6841.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 40