• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manner vs. Mcmillan

viper42

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2010
U.S,
For the guys out there that have experience with both, how do they compare? Is the extra $100-200 for the Mcmillan worth it?

Re: Manner vs. Mcmillan

m6dzs.gif

Knight that's jacked up! lol I'm new here. Cut me some slack.

I have a Mcmillan, and I am just waiting on a Manner's.

One thing I can say about dealing with Manners is that their customer service has been top notch and their predicted time scales bang on.

If their stock are as good as their customer service, (and I fully expect it will be) they will be my first choice for any further stocks I need in the future.

Regards,

Peter

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: solo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the guys out there that have experience with both, how do they compare? Is the extra $100-200 for the Mcmillan worth it? </div></div>

they both work well and they are both great companies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: solo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Knight that's jacked up! lol I'm new here. Cut me some slack. </div></div>

Will beg the question. Did you take the time to look into both? Perhaps the AICS? YOu will find that people are far more giving with information (useful information) if you have done some of the lifting to start with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will beg the question. Did you take the time to look into both? Perhaps the AICS? YOu will find that people are far more giving with information (useful information) if you have done some of the lifting to start with.</div></div>

Wouldn't it be slightly difficult to know the difference in price between the two if I didn't research?

I've already looked at the AI stocks. If if I wanted an AI chassis I would just go with an AI AW and I would have also included it in the comparison.

As Chiller said, we need more info on what you have looked into. Are you comparing the quality of the stocks? A more defined question would recieve better and more constructive answers. Believe me, I posted the same bland questions at first, but someone throws a dead horse in the thread and it opens your eyes. Nothing personal at all. The search function is a great key.

Oh and... Manners +100

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: solo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will beg the question. Did you take the time to look into both? Perhaps the AICS? YOu will find that people are far more giving with information (useful information) if you have done some of the lifting to start with.</div></div>

Wouldn't it be slightly difficult to know the difference in price between the two if I didn't research?

I've already looked at the AI stocks. If if I wanted an AI chassis I would just go with an AI AW and I would have also included it in the comparison. </div></div>

How will it be used?
Where will it be used?
Anything special needed on it?
Weight an issue?
Where are you located?
What action?
etc?

Again people are willing to help and to wander on and ask a "which is better" question without putting it in a framework you will find that you do not get the answers you are looking for.

I have both and I like manner just a little bit more because I believe the manner's stock does not flex as much as my mcm and there staff was very nice to me but my thoughts are a little biest because I can just run over to Manners if I have any problems

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How will it be used?
Where will it be used?
Weight an issue?
Where are you located?
What action?
etc?</div></div>

None of this matters and if it did I would have asked.

Thanks to all for the help. Construction goes to Manners and finish goes to Mcmillan.

It's a free country and you are free to answer like you did. For now anyway.

I would suggest however that people are asking for a reason. Don't see it? Then feel free to ignore this post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: solo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How will it be used?
Where will it be used?
Weight an issue?
Where are you located?
What action?
etc?</div></div>

Thanks to all for the help. Construction goes to Manners and finish goes to Mcmillan.

</div></div>

Congratulations for the "wise" answer....best of luck asking your next.

While I do not know this to be the case, I am guessing you are early to mid twenties. Think you have the world by the tail. An old saying is appropriate here. The more you know, the more you realize the less you know.

And to speak to your assertion, all those questions “matter”, to say they do not goes to apparent ignorance.

You ask a blanket question of “which is better”.

Yet you put no framework around it. That would be analogous to me asking for a vehicle. Now realize how many types of vehicles there are out there. How can one possibly be expected to help?

Just my thoughts, YMMV

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: solo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Really, none of that matters?? You must be looking for a safe queen you can take pretty pictures of. If you actually plan on shooting the thing is practical field conditions things like Chiller asked do matter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: solo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How will it be used?
Where will it be used?
Weight an issue?
Where are you located?
What action?
etc?</div></div>

</div></div>

All of that matters, many have tried to help you, but you refused to let yourself be helped. Lost cause, bad attitude, and that will lead to failure along the road.

Get a 2x4 and strap it to whatever action and go to it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: solo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>
If you actually plan on shooting the thing is practical field conditions things like Chiller asked do matter. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6mmFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can anybody recommend a good rifle?

I just want something good. </div></div>

Antagonist......lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am guessing you are early to mid twenties. Think you have the world by the tail. An old saying is appropriate here. The more you know, the more you realize the less you know.</div></div>

Actually I’m 27 and fully aware that a majority of serious shooters out there have far more experience than myself. This is exactly the reason I have come to this forum. As it is obvious the guys on here (as a whole) have much more experience with LR than the other forums. I started LR 6-7 months ago and when I started ranging with my reticle and dealing with the wind I realized I didn't know sh**. You are exact when you say “the more you learn the more you realize the less you know.” As I have experienced this first hand a number of times and counting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a 2x4 and strap it to whatever action and go to it.</div></div>

I seriously lol to this. Good one.

If I came off like an idiot with attitude, I apologize. I see how I came off a bit arrogant. My basic inquire was just simply to understand as a whole how the stocks compare. Not by each model comparison or for what specific application, more along the lines as an entire product. I currently have a B&C Medalist, but know eventually a Manners or Mcmillan is what I want. And by the way when I do decide to get this stock if will be for F-Class and based on a Surgeon build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: solo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am guessing you are early to mid twenties. Think you have the world by the tail. An old saying is appropriate here. The more you know, the more you realize the less you know.</div></div>

Actually I’m 27 and fully aware that a majority of serious shooters out there have far more experience than myself. This is exactly the reason I have come to this forum. As it is obvious the guys on here (as a whole) have much more experience with LR than the other forums. I started LR 6-7 months ago and when I started ranging with my reticle and dealing with the wind I realized I didn't know sh**. You are exact when you say “the more you learn the more you realize the less you know.” As I have experienced this first hand a number of times and counting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Get a 2x4 and strap it to whatever action and go to it.</div></div>

I seriously lol to this. Good one.

If I came off like an idiot with attitude, I apologize. I see how I came off a bit arrogant. My basic inquire was just simply to understand as a whole how the stocks compare. Not by each model comparison or for what specific application, more along the lines as an entire product. I currently have a B&C Medalist, but know eventually a Manners or Mcmillan is what I want. And by the way when I do decide to get this stock if will be for F-Class and based on a Surgeon build. </div></div>

Appreciate you taking the time to answer back. I would ask another question are you building for F-Class or F-TR?

There are a few people on this site that are dye in the wool f-class guys. I own both Manners and McMillan stocks. They both work very well. For my money I would be inclined to build with Manners if I can find the stock that fits my requirements. That being said McMillan has arguably more options. I would strongly recommend you find your local range and get behind the stocks if at all possible. That is where the rubber will meet the road.

Both are good.....no, make that great. Personal preference is up to you. No bad choices there.

As Chiller and PGS have said, both are great.

The Surgeon action will be butter smooth in either stock.

Again as Chiller said, if you can find a stock that fits your requirements in the Manners line theh that is where I would put my money. Great warranty and customer service, all around bad ass company that strives to meet the shooters needs. Needless to say, Im on the Manners train and enjoying the ride.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would ask another question are you building for F-Class or F-TR?</div></div>

I'm really interested in the whole prone shooting competition. Sitting on a table with my gun in a vise basically just isn't my style (not that I would even be an exceptional shot in BR).

I like F-Class, but upon further review I like F-TR now that you mention it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are forced to utilize the 223 or 308 cartridge in these matches. However (correct me if I'm wrong again), I was under the impression that you are not able to utilize bi-pods or rear "bean bags" at all competitions. That would bug me or basically I'm not good enough to compete in thost types of shooting applications. What are the major differences between the two?

FTR: bipod, sand bag rear, 223/308, weight limit.
F-Class open: front rest, rear bag, heavy ass guns, any cal

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FTR: bipod, sand bag rear, 223/308, weight limit.
F-Class open: front rest, rear bag, heavy ass guns, any cal</div></div>

Interesting. I think I'm an FTR guy then.

I thought F-Class open didn't allow manums for some reason. You would think a lot of guys would like to use the 7 wsm.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: solo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FTR: bipod, sand bag rear, 223/308, weight limit.
F-Class open: front rest, rear bag, heavy ass guns, any cal</div></div>

Interesting. I think I'm an FTR guy then.

I thought F-Class open didn't allow manums for some reason. You would think a lot of guys would like to use the 7 wsm. </div></div>

The NRA Rulebook gives more (and accurate) details.

Both classes have a weight limit.

http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B2pD...yMjYy&hl=en

True, I was generalizing and too lazy to dig out my rulebook. Nice googledoc of the rulebook _9H, thanks!