Manners 2021 New Products and AnnouncementsThroughout our time here at Manners Stocks we have greatly appreciated the support, enthusiasm, ideas, and growth we've seen from the Sniper's Hide community. We have always tried to make this the launching pad of many new products and with the loss of SHOT show this year we were forced to make other changes. Nonetheless we are still right here with you and we're very excited to show you what we've been working on here at MCS! Let's get to it. First off, it's 3 new stocks, 1 new mini-chassis, and a new shell with an old school twist! This will be in addition to our brand new website launched today and a brand new YouTube channel with a few vids already up and more planned on in the future! Please subscribe!!! Another addition we are proud to move forward on in-house is our new shooting team comprised of 2 sides to focus on different facets of the long range precision competitive circuit. Mr. Tom Manners has ALWAYS been very supportive of the shooting community and he isn't looking at slowing down this year. We are happy to have title sponsored a 2-day National Level match, buy lunches and suppers for other large matches, and put prizes on the table of most all competitions across the nation all while supporting many shooters to help do what they do, many youth shooters included! I couldn't be any prouder of this history and I look forward to keeping the traditional alive and growing here with my position at MCS. As a shooter myself it had always drawn me into the MCS family and we are always looking to grow further and do even better things. That's why these new products still excite me even after so many years. I think you will also love them, I personally can't get enough of the first one.
Que drum rolll..............
MCS-LRH (Long Range Hunter)
The new MCS-LRH stock was developed for the modern long range hunting enthusiast looking for the ultimate light weight adjustable hunting stock. This is the perfect platform to start that dream precision hunting build or for competitors to build that light weight competition gun for the new long range precision matches like the NRL Hunter Series.
This stock is fitted with a hybrid version of our popular light adjustable spacer cheek system. While not quit as adjustable as our standard KMW adjustable hardware, you still have the ability to fine tune the stock for that perfect cheek weld while saving almost a one pound on the total build weight when compared to a EH1A stock.
- The average weight of the stock is 29 to 31 ounces; this will vary depending on inlets and options.
- Full 100% carbon fiber shell
- Narrow low-profile fore-end, accepts up-to an M24 barrel contour
- Available in all elite and standard camo and finishes
- The MCS-LRH is designed for all Remington-based right hand action, it can also be ordered in left hand version with a reinforced traditional bolt notch.
The action area of the stock is lowered so there is no need for a port or side bolt release cut to fit most actions. By not having to cut the port or side bolt release out of the shell; we can maintain maximum strength while still keeping the overall weight super low.
- The new MCS-LRH also features a molded in bolt notch. By doing a molded in bolt notch we are able to reinforce this area of the stock for maximum strength while still keeping the overall weight super low.
- Stock has dual ambidextrous thumb shelves
- Greatly reduced overall size of the grip. The overall thickness of the grip was reduced while building up key areas in the palm swell to make it very comfortable for even the largest hands.
You Tube Video here:
MCS-EH1-TK ( Tikka T3 )This is a custom version of our famous EH1 stock that was designed just for the Tikka T3, T3x and CTR actions.
- This stock features a high tang area that matches the profile of the tikka.
- The area under the action is designed for a perfect fit for either the factory hunting detach mag or the factory CTR detach system in all factory offered cartridges.
- The average weight of this stock is 27-28 ounces depending on inlet and options.
- Barrel profile up-to a M24/7
- 100% carbon fiber shell and is available with all finish options
- Stock is also available with the optional adjustable lightweight spacer cheek ( right or left hand )
- This stock can be ordered with a standard inlet or with the new MCS-BDLTK mini chassis
MCS-BDLTK and CTRThe new MCS-BDLTK mini chassis is designed to work with both the factory hunting detach mag bottom metal and the factory CTR detach system. This mini chassis is designed for a true bolt in and go system. No bedding is required. Will work with in all factory offered cartridges.
- This new chassis weighs in at 6.3 ounces installed and is designed to work with your factory tikka lug and action screws. ( MCS offers an optional stainless tikka recoil lug )
- This new chassis will also work in the MCS-EHT hunting stock.
YouTube video for the EH-1TK here:
You wanted light!!!!
New MCS-UC-PLUS ( ULTRA CLASSIC PLUS )The new MCS-UC-PLUS has all the great features as the MCS-UC with the added ability to accept a Remington 700 style long action and up to a Proof Lite Sendero barrel profile for that perfect starting platform for a classic lightweight magnum mountain rifle. Our aim was to produce a stock manufactured by modern technologies and material for durability and accuracy while still maintaining the custom feel and shape of a high-end, handmade, classic wood stock.
The raised shadow-line cheek piece is designed to help position your head for modern-style optics while still maintain a straight comb. This shadow-line cheek flows elegantly into the 22-lines-per-inch checkered grip area with the same perfect show lines as the fore end.
- Designed for right-hand Remington 700 short or long style actions (right hand only)
- Can accept up to a Proof Research Lite Sendero barrel profile
- Full 100% carbon fiber shell
- Average weight only 19-21 ounces depending on inlet and options
- Able to withstand magnum calibers
New Double Dead Lay-UpThis is a new layup option designed with the precision rifle competitor in mind. Featuring a reinforced inner shell and priopetary dense fill this will allow better balance, stability, recoil reduction, and harmonic dampening. While this layup will come out heavier it is often used to help balance a rifle built with a heavier contour barrel.
If you’re looking to take your competitive game to the next level, check out the Double Dead.
To sum this up as a shooter myself, many different options can be had on composite stocks. You can make them incredibly strong and heavy, you can make them very light while still overly strong. Playing with different layup and then fills can tweak a process to best serve specific needs. For the PRS/NRL style of shooting where you're likely using a heavy barrel with full sized optics and other gear we can achieve a balanced and dead shell to match the weight of the components used. If you're trying to make a light rifle you likely won't get a Heavy Varmit contour barrel. We are looking to match the components to achieve a desired end result. The Double Dead is meant for the shooter who is working with heavy contours and want their rifle to balance nicely on a bag such as an Armageddon Gear Game Changer. During the firing process the new shell is dead in the hands giving you the benefits of harmonic dampening. Then through the recoil impulse you will be less affected as your rifle will be better balance and with the weight increase will reduce recoil and allow you to spot your shots much easier. I've been using this shell for the last few years and have grown to love it and can see the benefits. While there is nothing wrong with the lighter Elite Tac shells we've traditionally used this new shell is simply the answer to the growing demand of the competitive shooters to make something to better serve their needs.
For any other information please check out our brand new website www.mannersstocks.com, our brand new YouTube channel: Manners Stocks, or give us a call at (816-283-3334. We can be reached at email@example.com and my personal e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest and continued support! We really appreciate you all!