• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners Composite Stocks, New products for 2020, Pre Shot Show Sneak Peak

We dropped one in it yesterday. The bolt notch is the last part we're working on as future molds will have a universal molded bolt notch to allow for any action to drop in.

By future, do you mean production models? Or are you talking about sometime down the road, as in after a year or two

Do you think an Impact will drop in without mods? Or would some relieving be required since it’s a straight handle?
We dropped one in it yesterday. The bolt notch is the last part we're working on as future molds will have a universal molded bolt notch to allow for any action to drop in.
Here is a few pics of the universal bolt notch that will become standard on all the PRS-TCS stocks . All the first pre production stocks at shot show and about the first 50 production models will have the hand cut bolt notches. ( Note* we will have the prototype stock in the picture below in our booth for guys to look at ) This design change was done after we started the first initial small run of about 50 TCS mini chassis. Once they are all gone, the rest will come with the universal bolt notch. The only exception to this, is on left hand stocks, they will always be hand cut like before. The universal bolt notch is actually molded into the stock, the carbon fiber shell wraps around to the inside. We have tested this with everything from the impact which is about the biggest straight bolt handle to the swept back defiance and Remington 700. That should take care of about 99% of all current rem 700 and clone actions, with that said when you get a bunch of custom components together in a build, there is always that chance of having to modified one once in a while. If needed it will only take a few seconds for us to do. We actually had to modifie the chassis by machine a xtra boss around the bolt area, this makes the notch not as deep in the stock and give a good appearance. I personal still like the looks of a custom hand fitted bolt notch, but on this competition stock it is a great fit and blends very well with the rest of the lines. Here is few pics, they are not the best, but it will give you a good idea. thank you very much
tcsbolt1.jpg
tcsbolt2.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a few pics of the universal bolt notch that will become standard on all the PRS-TCS stocks . All the stocks at shot show and about the first 50 production models will have the hand cut bolt notches. This design change was done after we started the first initial small run of about 50 TCS mini chassis. Once those are gone all will be come with the universal bolt notch. The only exception to this, is on left hand stocks, they will always be hand cut like before. The universal bolt notch is actually molded into the stock, the carbon fiber shell wraps around to the inside. We have tested this with everything from the impact which is about the biggest straight bolt handle to the swept back defiance and Remington 700. That should take care of about 99% of all current rem 700 and clone actions, with that said when you get a bunch of custom components together in a build, there is always that chance of having to modified one once in a while. If needed it will only take a few seconds for us to do. We actually had to modifie the chassis by machine a xtra boss around the bolt area, this makes the notch not as deep in the stock and give a good appearance. I personal still like the looks of a custom hand fitted bolt notch, but on this competition stock it is a great fit and blends very well with the rest of the lines. Here is few pics, they are not the best, but it will give you a good idea. thank you very much
View attachment 7227541View attachment 7227542
Ty tom..
This great for us that has more barreled action with diff actions than stocks..and re selling and let others try them will easier too:)

Reactions: BCX
Nice.

Any new color options?

We have two this year. The first picture is called Elite metallic high plains, It is shown below in the optional high gloss, but comes standard in the flat clear armor grip. The second picture is called Elite Tommy Bahama. It is shown in its standard configuration of flat clear armor grip. Thank you
prs-tcs.jpg
thumbnail_2020-PRS1T-[Tommy-Bahama].jpg

Last edited:
The only saving grace of me reading this thread is that my current order in the queue at Manners is for a long action, so I won't be beating myself up for crappy timing and not getting a TCS for that build.

Reactions: Tucker301
Here is a few pics of the universal bolt notch that will become standard on all the PRS-TCS stocks . All the first pre production stocks at shot show and about the first 50 production models will have the hand cut bolt notches. ( Note* we will have the prototype stock in the picture below in our booth for guys to look at ) This design change was done after we started the first initial small run of about 50 TCS mini chassis. Once they are all gone, the rest will come with the universal bolt notch. The only exception to this, is on left hand stocks, they will always be hand cut like before. The universal bolt notch is actually molded into the stock, the carbon fiber shell wraps around to the inside. We have tested this with everything from the impact which is about the biggest straight bolt handle to the swept back defiance and Remington 700. That should take care of about 99% of all current rem 700 and clone actions, with that said when you get a bunch of custom components together in a build, there is always that chance of having to modified one once in a while. If needed it will only take a few seconds for us to do. We actually had to modifie the chassis by machine a xtra boss around the bolt area, this makes the notch not as deep in the stock and give a good appearance. I personal still like the looks of a custom hand fitted bolt notch, but on this competition stock it is a great fit and blends very well with the rest of the lines. Here is few pics, they are not the best, but it will give you a good idea. thank you very much
View attachment 7227541View attachment 7227542

Thank you for the very detailed response! Can you comment on how one would employ the Sikes Clutch? Is it supposed to act like a barricade stop?

Hi kwilson, yes this has a true ambi thumbshelf. This is the first stock we have made with a right and left thumb self. I have hand modified a few of the stocks for a left thumbshelf in the past. Shoot me a pm, ill get you squared away. Here is a pic of the top of grip, ill try to get a better one tomorrow. Thank youView attachment 7227230

Cheers Tom, I'm working on a new F-open build this year which is going to set me back a pretty penny but once that's out of the way, this bad boy will be the next thing I order.

So two questions. 1. What's the spacing for the grip to trigger (t4a, mcs ect) and second without that sikes clutch thing are there no forward flush cups or sling points?

So... just kicking the tires here, but who would be excited to see one of the production run PRS-TCS stocks offered up for a Snipershide raffle to benefit a veterans charity? :cool:

View attachment 7227136
[/QUOTE]

I am in fo sho! Great idea, bad ass design. Incorporates so many customizable features into one package. Exciting stuff for 2020.

@RobertB or @tmanners will the arca rail be able to added to a standard manners. I couldn’t find were this was answered.
This one, no. But we are working to make one that uses the same weights for existing models that will be very close. This rails wraps around the chassis and this chassis is different so I’m thinking this one would t work without modifying it.

I hope this helps, let me know if y’all have any other questions. We’re at SHOT show this week and will be harder to reach but I’ll try to monitor this thread. [email protected] for any quicker needs.

Reactions: Tree
This one, no. But we are working to make one that uses the same weights for existing models that will be very close. This rails wraps around the chassis and this chassis is different so I’m thinking this one would t work without modifying it.

I hope this helps, let me know if y’all have any other questions. We’re at SHOT show this week and will be harder to reach but I’ll try to monitor this thread. [email protected] for any quicker needs.

Looking at the images there is no forward sling points. Is that still an option with that redesigned forend channel in the comp stock?

Looking at the images there is no forward sling points. Is that still an option with that redesigned forend channel in the comp stock?
In this description it mentions the Sikes clutch doubles as sling mounts.

Attachments

• 90F2FFEC-4BC7-46E5-9C9D-779C117872D2.png
    90F2FFEC-4BC7-46E5-9C9D-779C117872D2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 200
In this description it mentions the Sikes clutch doubles as sling mounts.
I saw that is an option you can add but for someone like myself that holds no interest for me so i wanted to know if just standard flush cups are an option

Last edited:
Hi guys, sorry for delay, we are at shot this week but will try and answer questions as soon as we can. No problem at all on installing cups, studs or pic rails on the forend. Just like all other mcs stocks they are added options. The only difference to this stock is that they will all come standard with 3 rear custom designed cups. These three cups are engineered as cross pins that actually tie into the weight tunable adjustable butt system. We tried to over design this area because when fully loaded with weights, you are going to have upwards of 2. 1/2 lbs hanging on the very back of the stock. That may not seam like a lot, but a fully loaded comp gun can weigh upwards of 25 lbs, if that gun is dropped off a shoot house or barricade it will put a ton of force in that area. For the butt system to come loose, it would now take a total failure of the shell. Thank you

Will we be able to buy the Sikes clutch as a upgrade to our older stocks ?

Reactions: chevy327
The new PRS stock seems pretty well thought out with some nice features, but it also seems to be getting more into the gimmicky "gamer gun" territory.

These rifles are becoming more and more specifically designed to shoot off of contrived barricades, rather then being general purpose long range precision tools. The Sikes Clutch seems especially "gamer gun". Too specific for shooting off of contrived props, like gamer plates.

But that's just me. I can't stand when guns get drilled down for such a specific purpose, like IPSC guns. I guess that's what some would call "progress".

@RobertB @tmanners is the Sikes clutch going to be available for purchase? I want to use one on my forward flush cup of my manners I own.
Hi, yes the Sikes clutch is available two ways, first comes as a kit, rail and clutch installed into your PRs-Tcs (on prs -1, 2, t2, t4 most all others will get a version with out top holes, these holes are for a custom efr designed for the prs-tcs) $95. Second, the clutch by itself , to be used in a standard flush cup in any current stock, $49. Thank you

So what is the purpose of the small holes up top on the sikes clutch? Aesthetics?
Hi, the small holes in the top are attachment points for a custom efr made just for the new TCS stock,. We have one in the show booth, but did not get it complete in time to get good photos before the show, I will try and get some posted up from the show today. Thank you

Reactions: Dustyplyr
Any word on price point and/or when it will be on the MCS stock builder to spec out?
The base intro price of the new PRS-TCS is $1495.00, the stock comes standard with, carbon fiber shell with a true molded in barrel channel that will take up to a straight 1.25 inch barrel. Mcs-dbm short action mini chassis and mag, Area419/mcs aluminum weight tunable Arca rail with one 2.9 ounce weight. The MCS adjustable weight tunable butt system with one 9 ounce weight, 3 each rear flush cups. Thank you

Reactions: chevy327 and rydah
How about that complicated LOP system? Can I remove that from the order too?? Lol @ $1495 I'm looking at removing all unnecessary items

Maybe a T2A-GAP with the new weight balancing arca rail would work out better for me..

The Sikes Clutch seems especially "gamer gun". Too specific for shooting off of contrived props

Well me and a buddy actually tried this exact idea two years ago. Similar to the MPA rat tail idea, but using the flush cup in the front with a stud. It didn’t work very well for us, and it was abandoned after a few range trips. One, it’s not that stable, and two, with anything other than like a 223 or 6br, the rifle sorta jumps left/right under recoil.

Well me and a buddy actually tried this exact idea two years ago. Similar to the MPA rat tail idea, but using the flush cup in the front with a stud. It didn’t work very well for us, and it was abandoned after a few range trips. One, it’s not that stable, and two, with anything other than like a 223 or 6br, the rifle sorta jumps left/right under recoil.
Very interesting food for thought.

I'm a huge fan of the T5 thumbhole grip, any chance in the future that a thumbhole version of the TCS will be created?
We have been talking about re-doing the T5A lately! It's what I run so I would love to see a new one come out!

How about that complicated LOP system? Can I remove that from the order too?? Lol @ $1495 I'm looking at removing all unnecessary items

Maybe a T2A-GAP with the new weight balancing arca rail would work out better for me..
This is will only come with the system I'm thinking. A PRS will be about the same thing without the hardware. A T-2A/PRS/T-4A will still be great choices that aren't going anywhere! I hope this helps!

What's cool about this is it's enexpensive and doesn't take up room and is just used with a flushcup. For those that can use it great, but if you don't it's not a must have.

Sikes likes to use it to grip your stock, bag, and bipod together. Also helps him with target acquisition as your pointing your thumb to the target.

I hope this helps, it's not going to be for everyone but just a neat idea that's sure to help some.