• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners long action DBM magazine length

Ledzep

Bullet Engineer
Minuteman
  • Jun 9, 2009
    Hornady
    I'm not up to speed on the various magnum DBM options out there. I'm looking to build a 300 PRC (30/375 ruger) sometime in the distant future on a ARC Nucleus.

I was looking at Accurate Mag's website and they have a .300wm magazine that allows for 3.75" COAL, with the magazine being 3.850" long. I was just curious if anyone knows what the inside of the magazine well on the manners LA DMB minichassis is? If it's shorter, I assume one can just open it up to 3.860-3.870 or so in a mill?

I gave Manners a call but didn't reach anyone, figure maybe someone here has the answer. Thanks

The last two I had were for the 3.715 mag. Before I sold my 300wm I asked if Manners would open mine up for the Cip length mags and they said they won't do it but it can be done.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Ledzep
    Manners makes a Short, Long and CIP length mini chassis (MCS-DBM Gen 1). For the magazine you are looking to use, you would want the CIP length mini chassis (3.850 magazine OAL).

Still, when you order its always a good idea to call and double check that Accurate Mag's CIP length 300WM magazine (part# 00100-0023) will work with the MCS-DBM.

Awesome thanks for the information. I'll have to see if I can get ahold of them tomorrow to verify.

They offer L/A mini chassis in the standard configuration (3.750" outside to outside magazine) for L/A, as well as for "CIP" length magazines (3.850" outside to outside). I got a T2A with the CIP length minichassis and can use Accurate Mag .300wm 3.850" long magazines that allow me to seat to 3.750" Cartridge OAL.

Nucleus action allows for 3.78" COAL so everything bolted together nicely. The Manners stock came with a .338 Lapua magazine that does not work well with .300 PRC, but like I said, the .300 win mag magazines from Accurate mag were plug and play. All I did was hit the feed lips with some 400 grit paper to soften sharp corners (was scratching brass).

Yeah, 37" pipe.

KIMG2063.JPG

Reactions: Steel head
    I’m not gonna lie, I wasn’t expecting that. Laughed harder than I should have... looks great though! I appreciate it, man!

Jesus, you could set that chamber back like 10 times, lol.
    Real, real long with a Thunder Beast suppressor.

Still pretty cool.

What’s your velocity with which bullet out of that thing?!

The local ELR group shut down this summer for covid so it's been a minute since I shot it, but I was in the 2930-2950 ballpark with 250 A-tips with a near-book-max load of Retumbo. Coming from a 30" barrel I didn't gain as much as I thought I would. 10fps/inch or so if I recall.

I'm short, about 5'7" but with a 9" can it's about level with me.

Reactions: gnochi