• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners New Elite Hunter Stocks

tmanners

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2006
1232 swift, NKC, MO.
Manners Composite Stocks is proud to introduce our new line of hunting stocks called the Elite Hunter Series. A lot of work went into the development for this line of stocks. The ultimate goal was to be as light as possible but still maintain the ruggedness, stability, accuracy and ergonomics of the rest of our lineup. To accomplish this we went back to the drawing board. The composite industry in the past has always been driven by aerospace technology, but for the past few years there has been a lot of advancements in the wind energy market. They are now making off shore carbon fiber wind turbine blades that are over a 110 meters in length. What we did was take some of these advancements in materials and ideas and developed a new process for this series from lay-up to fill. To start, all the stocks in this series had to have a 100% carbon fiber shell. The second part was to develop a super light fill that would still hold up to any magnum caliber that you could throw at it. To accomplish this we still had to use our full size 9/16” pillars. Lightweight fill in non-critical areas and heavy fill where needed. The heavy fill is what adds weight quickly, so we developed a process that can precisely control the amount of this material and only place it where it is most needed, example – recoil lug/front pillar area and web area in-front of the trigger. We started this series with a total of 5 new stocks; 4 remington/winchester based and 1 Tikka lite based stock. All will come standard with a full inlet, ½” or 1” decel pad and a solid painted finish of your choice, the exception to this will be the tikka t3 based stock, instead of pillars it will come with a hardened stainless steel recoil lug made by KRG. Based on the design and inlet, this line up weighs in anywhere from 22.5 to approximately 26.5 ounces. There will be more to come over then next few months, which will include a youth stock, a safari stock and other versions for various action inlets. If you are at the Shot Show this year please stop by our booth ( #20440 ) and take a look. As always thank you very much for your support and patronage.

Picture of the basic fill of a Elite Hunter
elite-hunter-fill.jpg

MCS-EH1
This stock was designed for the long-range hunter. Depending on the inlet, the standard weight with a ½” decel pad is 26 to 27 ounces. The forend is 1.75” wide at the tip and rounded to a beaver tail that is flat and wide enough to accept a #8 barrel which is about 1.125″ diameter at the tip of the stock. The grip on the stock is more of a vertical tactical style, that is longer than standard with a small palm swell and overall smaller grip than say our MCS-T4 stock. The bottom of the butt has a flat that is about ¾” wide that is true running with the sides of the stock. This allows it to ride very straight and true when using a rear bag. It is designed for Rem 700 style actions, but can be had for Winchester, Savage, Howa and other actions. * On a side note, this stock will cross over to our tactical side, and be offered with a standard shell/weight and be available in molded in colors/camo.
mcs-eh1-left.jpg

MCS-EH2
This stock was designed to be more of a mountain rifle stock for guys wanting to use larger objective optics. Depending on the inlet, the standard weight with a ½” decel pad is 25 to 26 ounces. The forend is 1.5” wide at the tip and rounded on the bottom which is wide enough to accept a #4 to #5 barrel. This stock has a high cheek piece to get your head up a nice palm swell. It is designed for Rem 700 style actions, but can be had for Winchester, Savage, Howa and other actions.
mcs-eh2-left.jpg

MCS-EH3
This is more of a traditional mountain rifle stock like our MCS-SL. Some of the main differences between the two are, we added a little higher cheek for use with a larger objective scopes, it has a lengthened grip to give you more control and the feel of a full size stock and it is ambidextrous for you lefties. Depending on the inlet, the standard weight with a ½” pad is 24 to 25 ounces. The forend is 1.5” wide at the tip and rounded on the bottom which is wide enough to accept a #4 to #5 barrel. It is designed for Rem 700 style actions, but can be had for Winchester, Savage, Howa and other actions.
mcs-eh3-left.jpg

MCS-EH4
This stock was designed for the guys that have been asking for a short compact stock. This stock is based off our popular MCS-T. Some of the main differences between the two are, the forend on this stock is 3.25” shorter, the width is only 1.6” at the tip which is wide enough to accept up to a 5 ½” contour which is basically a heavy remington profile barrel. This stock has a high cheek to get your head up and a nice palm swell. Depending on the inlet, the standard weight with a ½” pad is 24 to 26 ounces. It is designed for Rem 700 styles actions, but can be had for Winchester, Savage, Howa and other actions. * On a side note, this stock will cross over to our tactical side, and be offered with a standard shell/weight and be available in molded in colors/camo.
mcs-eh4-left.jpg

MCS-EHT
This stock is more of a mountain rifle stock designed just for the Tikka T3 Lite. Depending on the inlet, the standard weight with a ½” decel pad is 22 to 24 ounces. The forend is 1.3” wide at the forend and rounded on the bottom. It is wide enough for the factory heavy barrel which is about a #3 contour. This stock will also come with a hardened stainless steel recoil lug made by KRG.
mcs-eht-left.jpg

Re: Manners New Elite Hunter Stocks

Damn!! Nice!! Just got in my SL and really love the feel of it. I'd be very interested in comparing it to the new EH3. My SL weighed right at 2 lbs on a trigger pull scale.

Looks like my Rem 7WSM action for a lightweight hunter project found a home.

Awesome. So when can we start ordering?

Great writeup and explanation. Alot of work went behind these to be specific in purpose. I will definitely looking at these for a hunter build

Any chance the youth stock will have adjustable length of pull?
Please be quick, I need one badly for my left handed son.

These are great looking stocks Tom! I really like the EH-1. Congrats on adding these to your line-up!

LOL, your stock is now going to be lighter than my scope.... I will be getting one. Thanks you MANNERS!

A question to calirfy for the MCS-EHT, will this allow the use of the factory DBM system?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome. So when can we start ordering? </div></div>

+1

I was about to place an order for a competitors stock, but this may change my mind.

Once several years ago my email was hacked and some clown was pretending to be me stranded in Manila and asking friends for money to be sent to a given account. A few friends replied seeking to help me. Happily, it wasn't really me, but Tom Manners replied. He knew me only from begging for prize table stocks for matches I was doing. This is the man we support; a man reaching out to others in need. Again, glad I didn't need his help, but had I, he was there. He's also objective and professional. Thank you Tom.

I already knew I would eventually have more of your stocks but now I'm really thinking about what I can get rid of to get into one of these.

No molded in camo for the new hunting stocks but you will eventually make these in tactical versions that will have molded in camo options. Is that right?

Also wondering if they will ever be offered with the mini chassis.

Edit: I guess it would defeat the purpose of the new fill technique and just add the weight back.

Tom,
I hope one of those MCS-EH1's have my name on it.
cool.gif

They all look great.
Congratulations on your new designs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RBros</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wahoo! Just what I was looking for Tom! </div></div>
I am glad you saw this thread
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bluejazz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RBros</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wahoo! Just what I was looking for Tom! </div></div>
I am glad you saw this thread
wink.gif
</div></div>

Me too....been along time coming since Tom and I first starting talking about these. He had his challenges and delays, but it looks like he hit a homerun for sure with them.

Probably need to get another ordered asap for my R BROS 338 Edge

Hope some pictures are up soon on these stocks that show it at some different angles. I have been throwing around some stocks for 2 builds but will need to wait now as 2 of these new 1,s have my interest. I am curios as to what length barrel the short stock is designed for? 20" max or is that still a little to long? All these new goodies are killing me.

I'll be checking those out in about five days.....grin!

Thomas,

When comparing the 2,3 and 4, which one would get my eye the highest above the bore line?

Thanks,

John

Will they be offered in the molded in camo design?

I will be ordering three of the EH4, when available. Any chance of a group buy??

Great work Tom! Like others have asked, any idea on when other finishes will be offered (ie speckle, camo, etc.)? Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L.Holmes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will be ordering three of the EH4, when available. Any chance of a group buy?? </div></div>Yes we can probably do that. After the Shot Show I will see what we can do to get one going.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Map_It</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will they be offered in the molded in camo design? </div></div> With the new process we can do molded in finishes, but it will add alot of weight, maybe around 4 ounces. The EH1 and EH4 will also be offered in standard shells with molded in colors, but the weight will be around 2.5 to 2.7 lbs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hondo64d</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thomas,

When comparing the 2,3 and 4, which one would get my eye the highest above the bore line?

Thanks,

John </div></div> The EH2 and EH4 will give you the highest cheek, they are both about the same. On these stocks there is a notch on the top of the cheek for the bolt to clear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: graywolf.260</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about Sako actions? EH1 for Sako 85 short action, I'll take one. </div></div> Yes there is plans to offer the EH1 and the EH3 in a high tang area version that will acomidate the sako actions. It will be early spring.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope some pictures are up soon on these stocks that show it at some different angles. I have been throwing around some stocks for 2 builds but will need to wait now as 2 of these new 1,s have my interest. I am curios as to what length barrel the short stock is designed for? 20" max or is that still a little to long? All these new goodies are killing me. </div></div>Hey Dan, Nice to talk to you on the phone, we should have good pics and description up on the web page by the end of next week. The pics will show, right, left and a bottom shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome. So when can we start ordering? </div></div> We should have the web page, stock builder and office staff update adn upto speed by the end of next week. We will start taking orders on the 21st.

Thank you very much,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dMac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great work Tom! Like others have asked, any idea on when other finishes will be offered (ie speckle, camo, etc.)? Thanks. </div></div> Hi, Yes we actualy have came out with two new finishes for the EHunters. One is called desert-hunter, the other is woodland-hunter. Both are basicly a 3 colored speckled finish with a top coat of our armour grip finish on top. Here is a picture of the desert-hunter version. We should have good pics and details up on the web end of next week. Thank you
desert-hunter-camo.jpg

Tom, is there a difference between the EH-2 and the current Mcs-t? Other than the fill technology?

Thomas, will the youth stocks have adjustable lenght of pull? You know, so it will grow with him/her?

I see a EH4 build coming around the corner. 17...18 inch medium sporter in 223 AI. All these options are looking sweet.

Perfect timing Tom! Building my son a 6.5 hunting/tactical rig, this will be perfect since he's not the strongest of kids. Forward thinking keeps you ahead of the game! Great job, as always. You're a class act!

I'm going out on a limb here - assuming these will be the stock on the GAP Extreme Hunter rifle? Which model, the EH3?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A question to calirfy for the MCS-EHT, will this allow the use of the factory DBM system? </div></div>. Didn't see this answered in the first group by Thomas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ctsmith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can the EHT Tikka be inlet for a 700 action? </div></div> This stock is only designed for the tikka t3, the back tang area and depth under the action would be wrong. The youth stock that we are coming out with is very similar to the EHT and it will be Remington based, but it has a adj cheek and butt. Thank you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A question to calirfy for the MCS-EHT, will this allow the use of the factory DBM system? </div></div>. Didn't see this answered in the first group by Thomas. </div></div>The EHT (tikka) is only made for the tikka t3 action, we can inlet it the tikka factory DBM or the CDI system. Thank you

Do you have any idea as to when you will be offering these stocks in other inlets such as savage?