• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners Stock Bolt Handle Notch Rubbing

Highground

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2008
Michigan
I just unwrapped my new Manners T5A Mini Chassis. It's awesome, however my 700 bolt handle is rubbing on the back edge of the bolt handle notch on the stock. In fact it's rubbing so much that it's will wear the edge of the stock if I continue to cycle the bolt anymore. I'm not keen on carving on a brand new stock.

I fired off an email to Manners and have no doubt that they will help me, but being Friday night, I thought I would see if anyone had any thoughts, as I am too impatient to wait until Monday.

some fit, some need a little. remember Its a drop in fit, not a custom fit. Manners does there best but it cant be perfect for every single rifle. Your bolt handle may have been brazed on a little farther back on the bolt body

some fit, some need a little. remember Its a drop in fit, not a custom fit. Manners does there best but it cant be perfect for every single rifle. Your bolt handle may have been brazed on a little farther back on the bolt body

My thoughts, too.

Good to know. Never had a problem with all my McMillan, AICS, or HS stocks, so I wasn't anticipating it with this one.

sand it all down, aluminum and stock

If I sand the shell, what can I expect as I remove material? With the gel coat, molded camo, carbon fiber, fiberglass, will I be exposing any material that will deteriorate further due to the top layers being exposed? I don't expect that it will require a ton of material to be removed, but I have no experience with sanding composites.

In my recent limited experience with Manners molded in colors, they are not very deep and you will most likely sand through them.

Call Manners on Monday if Tom Manners doesn't chime in here before then.

Gave it a shot. A light sand and multiple cycles of the bolt. Buttery smooth now. Thanks for the help.

Good to know. Never had a problem with all my McMillan, AICS, or HS stocks, so I wasn't anticipating it with this one.

This exact thing happened with my McM. Nothing some sanding couldn't fix though.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

I just unwrapped my new Manners T5A Mini Chassis. It's awesome, however my 700 bolt handle is rubbing on the back edge of the bolt handle notch on the stock. In fact it's rubbing so much that it's will wear the edge of the stock if I continue to cycle the bolt anymore. I'm not keen on carving on a brand new stock.

I fired off an email to Manners and have no doubt that they will help me, but being Friday night, I thought I would see if anyone had any thoughts, as I am too impatient to wait until Monday.
Hi Highground, Just ran across your post, not sure if the office got you squared away or not. PM me your phone number and I will give you a buzz. Thank you

Hi Highground, Just ran across your post, not sure if the office got you squared away or not. PM me your phone number and I will give you a buzz. Thank you

I got the stock late Friday night. I knew I would get a quick answer here, over the weekend. Someone from your staff sent me an email Monday morning sharp. Thank you for the service!!