• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Manners stock owners.....could you help a guy out

Re: Manners stock owners.....could you help a guy out

So, am I over looking anything or missing anything on getting 2 QD cups on the left side for the sling and at least 1 swivel stud on the forearm for bipod mount?

Any reason I should think about getting QD cups anywhere else? OR, getting swivel studs in the normal locations, even though I won't use them? Just don't want to have a "AHHH, why didn't I think of that!!!" after the stock is in my hands or too far down the order process to alter.

I would get two on the left and at least one on the right rear as sometimes its nice for carrying to loop the sling over the but to hold it flat against your body. My first stock I have two cups on the bottom and two on the left, which wasn't ideal. On my second stock, I got all six positions for versatility. I use both the left side and bottom, and often the rear one on the right. The only one I've never need was the right front. I also have a rail on the bottom rather than a stud because I like a QD bipod. You can get by either way, though.

Has anyone had a 700 with the factory Hogue stock that can say how the grip angle compares to the MCS-T/A grip angle?

I think I'm down between a TA and the T6A. I've never had a rifle with a more vertical grip, other than my AR's and am unsure how I'd like it. I may love it, but I may not too and I'm a little concerned with dropping a grand on a stock and taking that risk.

I KNOW I don't like the grip angle on the factory Hogue stock. It's way too angled and feels like my finger is pulling up on top of the trigger verses down in the shoe where it should be.

It appears in looking at pics side by side of the Hogue and TA that the TA grip is closer to the trigger and more vertical. If so, that'd be fine.

My concerns with the T6A grip is that it may be awkward or difficult to properly grip and hold the gun from a standing position.

ETA - I just went and played around with an AR and traditional stocked rifle back to back and I think the T6A grip may in fact be just fine. If my mind don't change before Monday I think I'll place my order for one.

If you are debating the call Manners. When I was debating on a stock I thought I wanted a T5 but Thomas (manners) sent me one to feel out and it just didn't fit me. After talking with Tom on the phone about it he sent me a T2 and it fit like a glove. All I paid was a few bucks to ups the stocks back. Their a top builder not only from their stocks but their customer service, give tom a call and let them fix you up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tigerfan9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you are debating the call Manners. When I was debating on a stock I thought I wanted a T5 but Thomas (manners) sent me one to feel out and it just didn't fit me. After talking with Tom on the phone about it he sent me a T2 and it fit like a glove. All I paid was a few bucks to ups the stocks back. Their a top builder not only from their stocks but their customer service, give tom a call and let them fix you up. </div></div>

Hey man, thanks for that tip. I called today and they are gonna send me a stock to handle. The T6 isn't ready yet, so maybe I'll have them send me a T2A. Gotta call back tomorrow and get it lined up. I really wanna see how the vertical grip would feel for me. If it is good, I'll get in line for the T6.

He (Matt?) told me on the phone that they have 3 new stocks coming out this year... the T6, a new hunting stock and didn't say what the other was.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: number9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Hey man, thanks for that tip. I called today and they are gonna send me a stock to handle. The T6 isn't ready yet, so maybe I'll have them send me a T2A. Gotta call back tomorrow and get it lined up. I really wanna see how the vertical grip would feel for me. If it is good, I'll get in line for the T6.

He (Matt?) told me on the phone that they have 3 new stocks coming out this year... the T6, a new hunting stock and didn't say what the other was.

...</div></div>

Glad I could help. The CS from Tom and the staff was so good I have to help them out. My order should be done in a couple weeks or so.

Good to know about the new hunting stock.

Getting a T2A demo shipped out to me today. That is fantastic that they offer this kind of service.

Got the T2A w/chassis Demo stock in. Like it a lot. It is painted Leaf Green.

T2demo_1.jpg

I DO think the T2 grip is comfortable, but also a little short. When putting my hand in position where my finger is pulling straight back on the trigger, my pinky is on the edge of the grip. I think I would like a little longer grip. Guess that would lean me toward the T6A with the 1/4" longer grip.

I find the 2.4" wide forearm feels comfortable holding off hand. Doesn't seem too wide or uncomfortable, maybe a *touch* but nothing that would concern me. This again, my lean me to the T6A with the 1.97" wide forearm.

REALLY like the adjustable cheek - that is a MUST now that I have tried it.

I am not sure what barrel channel this stock is cut for, but it is VERY wide and has LOTS of clearance, maybe close to 1/4" all the way around the barrel and all the way back to the action. I am not sure if this is "normal" and all their stock are this way or not. I'd rather have too much clearance than not enough though.

T2demo_2-1.jpg

T2demo_3-1.jpg

T2demo_4-1.jpg

T2demo_5-1.jpg

Something else I noticed was that the QD Flush Cup on the side of the forearm had a couple threads exposed where the forearm rounds down. Is this normal? I realize the contour of the forearm would make it difficult to have the Flush Cup flush all the way around, but still found it less than desirable.

T2demo_9-1.jpg

I've got another day or two to look this demo over and get it on the way back to Manners. I want to give a HUGE +1 for them having Demo Stocks to send out so customers can get their hands on their product before placing a $$$ order and waiting XX weeks for delivery. That is a GREAT service and goes to prove they have very high customer service as well as show that they are very confident in their products.

Well, just got off the phone placing my order for the following Manners stock:

MCS-T6A
REMINGTON 700 S/A RH
MCS-DBM MINI CHASSIS
FACTORY SENDERO HEAVY TACTICAL
FLUSH CUP 2ea - Left Side
FLUSH CUP 1ea - Right Rear
SLING STUD 1ea - BTM FOREND

Molded-In WOODLAND MCS CAMO
60/20/20

Relieve stock for Timney trigger

I asked about the limited rotation flush cups and Tom said he was waiting on a call back from his supplier to find out if they can offer them for sure or not. I got marked down to get them if so.

Thanks a LOT to all of you who helped with input and pics from your experiences as Manners stock owners.

Now what am I gonna do for the next 16 weeks.......
confused.gif

Figured I'd update this thread. Still haven't got the Manners stock yet. I've got a couple calls from Tom in the past several weeks. The limited rotation QD cups that he originally was looking at didn't pan out to his liking so they designed their own and this is what's delayed my stock - I had told them I wanted those cups and didn't mind if I had to wait a few weeks longer. Hopefully I'll have it in a couple / few weeks.

I've had Monteyboy install a bolt knob and he cerakoted the bolt as part of the deal. The bolt looked so nice that it pushed me over the edge of getting the barreled action done as well. I'd already been thinking of it since the stock finish on the AAC sucks IMO.

I dropped the barreled action off last week to get it done in Graphite Black Cerakote, along with the RWS brake that I got from Ross. 3-6 weeks on the Cerakote job.

I'll get some pics up when I get it all together and get to shoot it.

Stock came yesterday!
grin.gif

Barreled action is still out for Cerakote, hopefully I'll get it back soon.

I like how the camo hides the lines of the finger grooves and the front flats on the side of the forearm. Also think the 40/20/20 mix looks much better, really pleased with the color ratio, even though the "sponge paint" camo may take a while to grow on me if it ever really does.

<span style="font-weight: bold">***ETA*** The limited turn QD coups are SWEET and most definitely worth the added wait time they caused me.</span>
grin.gif

MT6A_1.jpg

MT6A_2.jpg

Unless you specifically request the barrel channel be cut for a certain profile such as "remington varmint" "MTU" "M24" etc, it comes with a huge barrel channel.

The intent is that you mask the stock, sand the channel, then bed the barrel channel and open it up to your own preferred clearance.

It's not difficult to do, and gives a nice clean look.

Ah, so that explains why the demo was so huge. Thanks!

My stock was ordered with "FACTORY SENDERO HEAVY TACTICAL" so should be good fit when I get my BA back.

How much did it cost to demo the stock? I am torn between a manners and an xlr chassis.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smaddox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much did it cost to demo the stock? I am torn between a manners and an xlr chassis. </div></div>

So was I, but my decision came down to being able to get my hands on a T5A to feel/test drive and I could not get the customization I wanted from the XLR.

T5A for the WIN!

(but I'm considering an XLR for the next build, If I don't do a custom chassis instead)

I was thinking t2a but the t6 with more grip is looking nice.

I ordered a T2 from Stocky's last year and had it shipped to my builder when he had a nice fluted Krieger show up that no one had spoken for. He had a Surgeon RSR laying round, add cerakote and Jewell and two weeks later I'm shooting a sweet ass .308. I love the T2. The cassis system worked out great and I like the AI mags.

Manners makes and bad to the bone stock that is for sure. I have called a couple of times and ended up orders a MT4A stock from them and I have to say that I have talked to a couple people over there and everyone is very helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. Looking forward to getting my stock, unfortunately I have another 2.5 months before I get to see the stock!

I am in the market for a Manners or a McMillan. Leaning towards a T6A or a T2A. This thread has been very informative!