• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Manners T4 stock

Irelander

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2006
Seneca, PA
A buddy of mine and Hide member (Insky74) just received a new Manners T4 stock that he has been anxiously awaiting for a few months. He bought it for his REM 700 SPS. All I can say is HOT DIGGITY! That is a sweet stock and much improved over the original SPS stock.

Here's some pics.

Remington 700 SPS (.308) as is from the factory. It's wearing a Bushnell 6-24x50 Elite 4200 30mm FFP Rifle Scope with mil knobs.
MannersT4REM700SPS_06-30-100001.jpg

Removed SPS stock
MannersT4REM700SPS_06-30-100003.jpg

Manners T4 awaiting barrelled action. Note the AI mag and Badger metal.
MannersT4REM700SPS_06-30-100006.jpg

Getting her all screwed together. At this point we were getting pretty giddy.
MannersT4REM700SPS_06-30-100008.jpg

Here she is in all her glory
MannersT4REM700SPS_06-30-100013.jpg

MannersT4REM700SPS_06-30-100019.jpg

MannersT4REM700SPS_06-30-100016.jpg

We just had to take it out and see how it shot off the Toyota shooting bench.
MannersT4REM700SPS_06-30-100021.jpg

My buddy
MannersT4REM700SPS_06-30-100024.jpg

Me
MannersT4REM700SPS_06-30-100029.jpg

The stock feels great and shoots great. We were making three shot ragged holes at 100yd which is an improvement over shooting with the original stock. The Manners chassis system is a sweet solid bed to lay your action in. No bedding required. The AI 5 round mag worked flawlessly (of course). Needless to say I now need a T4 for my LTR.

Re: Manners T4 stock

SWEET!!!! Just 2 days ago I ordered a T4 for the same rifle, except the stainless model. I'm already a little "giddy", and I don't even have a scope ordered yet.

Very nice. I love the T4's

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: generalzip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice! Did the new stock add a good bit of weight and reduce some recoil?</div></div>

You can get different fills and I will add different weights to the stock. Sniper, 90% Carbon, Standard, etc etc.

It's amazing how much a good stock makes a difference... Those SPS stocks are a joke.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's amazing how much a good stock makes a difference... Those SPS stocks are a joke. </div></div>

Fumbles,

I thought you were going to all SPS stocks....???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's amazing how much a good stock makes a difference... Those SPS stocks are a joke. </div></div>

Fumbles,

I thought you were going to all SPS stocks....??? </div></div>

That's the Savage 10FP stocks you're thinking about...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's amazing how much a good stock makes a difference... Those SPS stocks are a joke. </div></div>

Fumbles,

I thought you were going to all SPS stocks....??? </div></div>

That's the Savage 10FP stocks you're thinking about... </div></div>

Perhaps it was the Choate stocks that you were touting.........(we will call him trouser snake)......

I was told approx 11 weeks for non adjustable, and 13 weeks for adjustable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: generalzip</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice! Did the new stock add a good bit of weight and reduce some recoil?</div></div>

Yes it did. I like a heavy rifle and this stock added just the right amount of weight, in my opinion. I noticed significantly less jump than my LTR. Everything felt just right.

I forgot to mention that this rifle just had a bolt knob job done by AZprecision. He sure makes a good knob.

Please excuse my ignorance, but what are those hex screws on the sides of the stock right above the trigger guard for? Did your friend get the T4 with Manners' new chassis system, and those screws are used to secure the chassis? Sorry, just never seen screws there before, assuming those are screws.

Thanks.

Yes, this stock has the new chasis system. Those are the screws to hold it in place. Great system!

Nice stock. The original SPS stock is a POS. You cannot go wrong with a Manners. I'm on my third and getting ready to order another. Glad to see your post as this one will be a T4A.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoCalPete</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please excuse my ignorance, but what are those hex screws on the sides of the stock right above the trigger guard for? Did your friend get the T4 with Manners' new chassis system, and those screws are used to secure the chassis? Sorry, just never seen screws there before, assuming those are screws.

Thanks. </div></div>The screws/cross-bolts actually tie the chassis to the stock sides. The chassis is actually bedded into the stock then the cross bolts are added for overkill. Thank you very much,

[/quote]The screws/cross-bolts actually tie the chassis to the stock sides. The chassis is actually bedded into the stock then the cross bolts are added for overkill. Thank you very much,[/quote]

What he said...

Damn, that looks good.
If I'd seen that before it might have swayed me away from the T1. You gotta love those Manners stocks!

how are you liking it with the chassis? I just received my T2A with the chassis but am waiting on my barreled action.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
338_LM.jpg

LOVE MINE !!!

my fourth Manners stock.... and counting !</div></div>

Nice rifle, MTU contour?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: midgetorama</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that chassis system something you DON'T want to bed with Devcon or a similar agent? I really like how your gun turned out also.</div></div>

I seem to remember my buddy saying that Manners told him that there is no need to bed the action when you use the chasis system. I'm sure some guys will anyway but why do it if you don't need to?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GunGuru727</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sendero_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
338_LM.jpg

LOVE MINE !!!

my fourth Manners stock.... and counting !</div></div>

Nice rifle, MTU contour? </div></div>

basically. 1.350 at action for Predator X action for 338 Lapua Mag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Parks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How is the T-4 when it comes to hunting with it? </div></div>

PM replied to. thanks Scott

here is my wifes T4A w/ Mini Chassis. It locks up nice and no need for bedding.

P5150547.jpg