• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MANNERS vs MCMILLAN vs AICS stocks

Re: MANNERS vs MCMILLAN vs AICS stocks

Buy the one you think looks the best. If you don't like it, sell it and buy your second favorite. Still don't like it buy another etc etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buy the one you think looks the best. If you don't like it, sell it and buy your second favorite. Still don't like it buy another etc etc. </div></div>

Problem with that is the wait time. I just called Manners and the turnaround time is currently 15 weeks.

I just shot the AICS yesterday for the first time. The thumb-hole handle is nice. The stock was sturdy and rigid. It was a night and day difference between the stock HS Precision and the AICS stock. What surprised me was the stability I achieved/felt over the stock. I'm thinking that it was due to the crappy add-on cheek riser on my stock HS. I may have to add on a Karsten cheek piece for a better solid cheek weld on the HS. The recoil pad on the AICS is more comfortable than the HS (if you can call it that on the HS). I need to work on my form for recoil control but the padding sure helps. Overall, I really liked the AICS and it is a definite contender in my book.

UPDATE

So, after handling another HIDE member's AICS, I've decided to order a MCS T5A which is a nice blend of all the features that I am looking for.

Mark Gordon (Short Action Customs) will be handling my build. He's a great guy to talk to and he already had my barrel in stock.

Now it's a waiting game!

I own a McMillan A5 and Manners T5 and have owned the AI 1.5. Comparing the three I prefer the McMillan/Manner type stock. I found the AI thumbhole configuration a little restrictive. It all really comes down to what you are conformtable with.

This is a really good discussion and I am glad to be a member here. Problem is I spend too much time here and not enough time on the range.

Manners now has a mini chassis system to where you do not have to bed the action any longer.

Get behind each stock and see how you like them. I find it hard to get comfortable being a thumbhole stock. So no AICS for me.

I love my AICS. I would love to try out a T5A as I love the thumbhole stocks. The McM A5 I tried out was a bit awkward for me.

I have owned multiple models from all three makers; all are high quality and will serve you well.

In the end it all comes down to what fits you best.

I'm a fan of Manners....i have a T5A on order and my wife has a T4A

I went away from Manners when I found out that unlike McM, their pricing was virtually the same for an uninletted unpainted stock as for a finished one. Ordered a flat top unpainted A5 from 24hour campfire for 300 less than what Manners wanted....