• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Man's Best Friend Thread

0L9QvZC.jpg

One of my favorite pictures. The cat was serious, the dog was just pushing his buttons. Bronson has bad hip dysplasia and likely won't make the winter. I never thought I could love an animal like this. It sucks he is only 5.5 years old.

I really like this photo. I generally shoot air rifles out of the garage in the summer. I have at least an AC vent blowing right down on me. I will shoo the pups away before I start shooting. They would come up behind me and lay down when I was shooting, then get up and want to follow me to put up new targets/whatever.

Little black one Remington will stay with me, the big one Recon (rip big cow dog) had trouble with recall, so no chances taken. Both are on a line here. Remington likes shooting air guns.

1692977139995.png

Does anyone have any experience with Mountain Curs? We live on a farm in coyote country and a dog needs to be able to defend themselves.

Thanks to all the sharing about losing dogs. I don't know how many more I can read. It's amazing how close we get. Our GSD has hip dysplasia and I don't know if he has a year left.....
I have several years experience with Mt. Curs. They are excellent dogs and have hearts of gold!

I squirrel hunt mine and their is no stop in them. As far as coyotes I've killed 2 that my female was in the process of fighting. She ain't the smartest but won't quit! I've killed more squirrels with her than most people have in their life.

My old female is retired now and does what she wants after years of kennel life and hunting. Now she comes in and and lays on couch or goes out and chases possums, doesn't matter to me lol. When the nieces and nephews are over they love all over her.

Wife and I have come to conclusion one day she's gonna pick a fight she can't win and not make it back. But will pass doing what she wants.( I am hunting a black mouth cur at present though )

• Love
Reactions: 338dude
I have several years experience with Mt. Curs. They are excellent dogs and have hearts of gold!

I squirrel hunt mine and their is no stop in them. As far as coyotes I've killed 2 that my female was in the process of fighting. She ain't the smartest but won't quit! I've killed more squirrels with her than most people have in their life.

My old female is retired now and does what she wants after years of kennel life and hunting. Now she comes in and and lays on couch or goes out and chases possums, doesn't matter to me lol. When the nieces and nephews are over they love all over her.

Wife and I have come to conclusion one day she's gonna pick a fight she can't win and not make it back. But will pass doing what she wants.( I am hunting a black mouth cur at present though )
The wife's cat didn't come home last night. Afraid the coyotes got her. Not a conversation I am looking forward to.

My GSD killed coyotes whenever he could catch one. Can curs fight off coyotes? I really hate coyotes...

• Sad
Mine has, now if its a pack that may be a different story.

There are a lot of strains of mt cur, all different sizes. Most of what I've owned haven't been registered and came somewhat locally. You can see some pit in their heads from down the line. I like a blocky headed dog.

The female was around 35 pounds and my bmc is 55 in hunting shape. I'll try to get some pics of them for you. I won't ever be without some sort of cur.
The wife's cat didn't come home last night. Afraid the coyotes got her. Not a conversation I am looking forward to.

My GSD killed coyotes whenever he could catch one. Can curs fight off coyotes? I really hate coyotes...

I've done that a time or 3, just to mess with my boys.
Followed by them immediately re-"marking", I'd bet...?

One of our two is male and my son and daughter each also have males. When all three boys are over its downright comical watching them run around the yard each trying desperately to be the last one to mark their turf. My doofus will lift his leg so high he falls over on his side... Our female watches their shenanigans with a disgusted "mom" look on her face... :ROFLMAO:

Followed by them immediately re-"marking", I'd bet...?

One of our two is male and my son and daughter each also have males. When all three boys are over its downright comical watching them run around the yard each trying desperately to be the last one to mark their turf. My doofus will lift his leg so high he falls over on his side... Our female watches their shenanigans with a disgusted "mom" look on her face... :ROFLMAO:
Nope, not while I'm still out there anyway.

After I come back in the house, probably. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: plong and 338dude

The only Cur I have seen was a dog in Bismarck. What stood out was how fast it was. It could literally fly. Just looks like an interesting dog.that can take care of it's self.

In the United States alone, there are 60 million to 100 million free-ranging, unowned cats. These are non-native predators that, even using conservative estimates, kill 1.3–4 billion birds and 6.3–22.3 billion mammals each year in the U.S. alone
Source, allaboutbirds.com

Pretty staggering numbers!

In the United States alone, there are 60 million to 100 million free-ranging, unowned cats. These are non-native predators that, even using conservative estimates, kill 1.3–4 billion birds and 6.3–22.3 billion mammals each year in the U.S. alone

Take it up with @Bender

He’ll Tell you those are amateur numbers…

Reactions: Simonsza1

Yes feral cats can be a problem. My cats are indoor/outdoor. She kills mice, voles, ground squirrels, snakes, doves, blackbirds, etc. I watched her go 15 ft straight up a tree and grab a grackle.

those Puppy claws will get you,

Yes they will. She's good though. She likes to jump up and greet me when I come home. And my Dane now likes to put his paws up on my shoulders and then Bella gets jealous. Lol.

Atlas, when he was about a year old.

leAvpKk.jpg
I’ve had great Danes since I was 21 years old. They are the only dog for me.I’m 59 now. I just thought back and added everything up. I’ve had 10 great Danes in that time.

Reactions: mi650