• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Man's Best Friend Thread

received_1591001957972215.jpeg

My Rocky. My best bud. He passed about a month ago from Hemangiosarcoma. He was 12, almost 13. Huge part of me died that day too.

Shiloh has decided that one of her new best friends is the County Dog catcher.

Bill tends to get his morning coffee at the same time and place as Shiloh and I do. The first time they met, I think Bill was taking a friendly approach to making sure Shiloh's license was in order. (Not a problem. License is fine.) The two quickly became best buddies. Now she greets him with a hug and an invitation to play.

On a more practical note; Bill has promised me that if Shiloh ever gets out and gets picked up, she'll never see the inside of the shelter. He'll deliver her straight to my home.

Shiloh_n_Bill.jpg

I’m a Boxer guy through and through

Attachments

• IMG_8213.jpeg
    IMG_8213.jpeg
    496.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 71443694614__9B88B4A2-6018-42A7-9D98-D4AE215E8DAE.jpeg
    71443694614__9B88B4A2-6018-42A7-9D98-D4AE215E8DAE.jpeg
    658 KB · Views: 27
  • Messages Image(374430600).jpeg
    Messages Image(374430600).jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1432.jpeg
    IMG_1432.jpeg
    589.2 KB · Views: 28
Since the passing of our 2 dogs, I'm in no hurry for another dog but my wife is 100% going for another staffy.

I know ill get another dog but may be alittle while. for now though when i think about it, im torn between a boxer or rotty. Never had 1 but like both breeds. I'd prefer a more laid back dog that wouldn't mind going out every now and again. I know boxers are just balls of energy for 99% of their life.

Last edited:
My Kimber will be 12 in November, but her cancer is back again. We drugged her up last week for dove opener and she did great. The last picture is her relaxing by one of my boys after her bath. She is the best dog I have had. My wife doesn't want another one and that makes this harder.
064.JPG
072.JPG
099.JPG
054.JPG
114.JPG

20230806_101630.jpg
This is Rip. He babysits the rescues with his brother Samuel. The two boys and their sister were abandoned in a closed up apartment when the tenant was evicted. Luckily they were found early. Their sister went to another family.

Attachments

• 20230806_100559.jpg
    20230806_100559.jpg
    825.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 20230806_100336.jpg
    20230806_100336.jpg
    714 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
My Kimber will be 12 in November, but her cancer is back again. We drugged her up last week for dove opener and she did great. The last picture is her relaxing by one of my boys after her bath. She is the best dog I have had. My wife doesn't want another one and that makes this harder.View attachment 8222100View attachment 8222101View attachment 8222102View attachment 8222103View attachment 8222107
Start a petition for us to sign for your wife to allow another dog. Lay it on thick.

889CB54F-A89D-47DA-A508-16CCCEB9EDDA.jpg

This is the Bailey monster. She is by far the best friend I have ever had. She is currently battling anal sac adenocarcinoma. Vets refer to it as agasaca for short. It’s an extremely aggressive cancer that spreads sooo rapidly. We have gone through 2 surgeries and chemo. She is such a trooper! She is still with us living her happy Boxer life to the fullest. We decided to fight it as hard as we could since she was only 4 when she was diagnosed. She just had her 6th birthday a few weeks ago! I highly recommend pet insurance to everyone I know. It saved her life! I don’t know what I would do without her… There is a purity that you get out of a relationship with a dog that is impossible to get out of another human being.

Last edited:
Thor at about 4 months old, and Pebbles, the only female we've had.

She went blind and became diabetic at 5 years old, the 2 things were unrelated.

She made it to 10 when we think she had a stroke, and died in my wife's arms on the way to the emergency vet.

0HYaTa2.jpg

View attachment 8222439
This is the Bailey monster. She is by far the best friend I have ever had. She is currently battling anal sac adenocarcinoma. Vets refer to it as agasaca for short. It’s an extremely aggressive cancer that spreads sooo rapidly. We have gone through 2 surgeries and chemo. She is such a trooper! She is still with us living her happy Boxer life to the fullest. We decided to fight it as hard as we could since she was only 4 when she was diagnosed. She just had her 6th birthday a few weeks ago! I highly recommend pet insurance to everyone I know. It saved her life! I don’t know what I would do without her… There is a purity that you get out of a relationship with a dog that is impossible to get out of another human being.
Boxers are the best IMO. Best wishes for Bailey and everyone. I've had 2 boxers, best friends for life.

Currently 4 months old. We spent the afternoon off leash and he came every time I called him in when he got too close to the fields or woods..
He does get drawn to the back of the wood pile though.

My BFF's Savannah & Bailey. They detect motion & watch my 6. I take care of the rest. They have thier own OP. Nothing gets past these two.View attachment 8225034View attachment 8225036View attachment 8225042
I grew up with Dobermans the first 24 years of my life. Had several as a kid and I still love that breed. Had a female named Simba I bought when I was 12 with my first summer job money, she was incredible. Switched to German shorthair pointers at 26 and never looked back but I do think dobies are a hell of a breed. Good looking pooches.

Reactions: 338dude and jgray