• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Man's Best Friend Thread

Funny thing about the new puppy, he looks exactly like my last dog did as a puppy. Not by intent, it just worked out that way. I've been trying to adopt a GSD mix or a Great Pyrenees for 2 months.. it just hasn't worked out. First one that all came together and he behaves and looks just like my old girl Ayla that I had to put down.

Sochi the pup.

20230910_082015.jpg

I certainly didn't want another kitty. And then this little guy shows up on my deck. I suppose he was a dump off, some irresponsible doush bag left him for dead on the highway. He ran the gauntlet of coyotes, foxes, owls and vultures for a mile to make it here. Marco Polo.

Attachments

• IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 32
Anyone ever see something like this on your dog? He's going to the vet in a couple days, I assume it's just something like an ingrown hair or pimple type thing but not sure. I noticed it a couple days ago. Little fluid filled growth next to his junk.

20230921_204201.jpg

Anyone ever see something like this on your dog? He's going to the vet in a couple days, I assume it's just something like an ingrown hair or pimple type thing but not sure. I noticed it a couple days ago. Little fluid filled growth next to his junk.

View attachment 8233123
About two months ago I had something similar. It was an infection in my chest about the size of a grape. The doctor went in my chest right then and there, it took everything I had not not squirm are squeal like a pig. Miss Shelia gets small tumors that have to be removed. This might just need a drain and some anti biotics. Good luck, but I'd swing by the vet with him. (y)

Reactions: 338dude
About two months ago I had something similar. It was an infection in my chest about the size of a grape. The doctor went in my chest right then and there, it took everything I had not not squirm are squeal like a pig. Miss Shelia gets small tumors that have to be removed. This might just need a drain and some anti biotics. Good luck, but I'd swing by the vet with him. (y)
He's going Tuesday anyway. First appointment we can get in my area.

Someone found a stick and got it embedded causing an infection.

View attachment 8223541

View attachment 8223542

View attachment 8223543

Sticks are a hard no as far as I go. I always get dogs chase sticks back. Then I tell the story about a pup that was playing catch with a stick. Later that night pup starts puking up blood. Off to emergency vet they go. A bit of the stick punctured his stomach/intestine. The dog did not survive.

Over a FUCKING STICK.

That was enough for me to hard no, leave it around sticks. You want to play catch I have a bunch of things that are better then wood.

My Rosie girl. We had her from a pup, and she was supposed to be my wife's dog, but she and I just bonded immediately.

She was just about three, and we lost her yesterday to an infection.

My wife and son are taking it better than I am. I'm a fucking wreck. I've never been as attached to a dog as I was her.

I don't know if I'll get another one. I don't want to go through the loss again, it hurts too damn bad.

20220306_172454.jpg
20220204_171727.jpg

My Rosie girl. We had her from a pup, and she was supposed to be my wife's dog, but she and I just bonded immediately.

My wife and son are taking it better than I am. I'm a fucking wreck. I've never been as attached to a dog as I was her.

I don't know if I'll get another one. I don't want to go through the loss again, it hurts too damn bad.

View attachment 8235469View attachment 8235470
Sorry for your loss! I had to decide when to put ours down, felt like I betrayed her, but she was suffering with cancer really bad. We rescused Miss Shelia. It gave another great animal a better life. You'll never heal completely, but Rosie will be waiting for you with eternal love. Good luck, be strong we all have gone through this. ❤️

Sorry for your loss! I had to decide when to put ours down, felt like I betrayed her, but she was suffering with cancer really bad. We rescused Miss Shelia. It gave another great animal a better life. You'll never heal completely, but Rosie will be waiting for you with eternal love. Good luck, be strong we all have gone through this. ❤️
Yeah, what he said.

Sticks are a hard no as far as I go. I always get dogs chase sticks back. Then I tell the story about a pup that was playing catch with a stick. Later that night pup starts puking up blood. Off to emergency vet they go. A bit of the stick punctured his stomach/intestine. The dog did not survive.

Over a FUCKING STICK.

That was enough for me to hard no, leave it around sticks. You want to play catch I have a bunch of things that are better then wood.
This is the second stick dog I’ve heard about in two weeks.

Co worker had his dog get same type injury but he is still dealing with it. Infection has moved into the dogs shoulder and they are going to do a scan/ surgery to see if they missed part of the stick.

Gent is not our dog. My son watches/walks him for a after school job.

We had him for a long weekend three weeks or so ago, Labor Day weekend. First night he was at the house I noticed his head didn’t look right.

We called his owner and asked if she wanted us to take him to the vet and she figured it for a bee sting.

When she came back on Monday she was able to get him a holiday appointment and he went into surgery.

• Sad
Reactions: 338dude and RG0099

The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak And pain should keep me from my sleep, Then will you do what must be done, For this — the last battle — can’t be won. You will be sad I understand,
But don’t let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test. We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn’t want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go. Take me to where to my needs they’ll tend, Only, stay with me till the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved. Don’t grieve that it must be you
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We’ve been so close — we two — these years, Don’t let your heart hold any tears.

Prayers my friend

I know the feeling well. It hurts when they cross the Rainbow Bridge, but they have made us richer for having been in our lives and shown us the potential to live up to. Positive thoughts for you and your family.

He’s a variation of blue merle Great Dane his name is ruger.
Interesting. The blue Merle gives him the healer coloring like a Queensland blue heeler. Looks like a grow heeled but obviously just a pup being a Great Dane.

Interesting. The blue Merle gives him the healer coloring like a Queensland blue heeler. Looks like a grow heeled but obviously just a pup being a Great Dane.
I only know what the shelter told me he’s supposed to be four years old he acts like he’s one, but he is small for a Dane and also very athletic and crazy! 103 lbs.

He’s a variation of blue merle Great Dane his name is ruger.

Ruger, say hi to Remington, or Remmie for short. A mini border collie. He is getting up there, eats less sleeps more. Such a smart boy, uses his brain.

We keep the kitchen closed off with a baby gate, our big girl can reach the counter with a good reach. She respected the gate, he does not. We watched him one day, stick his nose under the bar, lift up and then the gate just fell over. Gate one down. Moved to a side to side type gate, that lasted about a week before he figured out how to open that one. We pick up everything on the counters now. Rem's older brother knew how to open doors and get ice from the ice maker.

Sometimes dogs are too smart.

1695824300898.png

I left out a story about our first border collie, she was a very interesting dog. She knew poo was yucky and would step very carefully around it. She would also trim her own toe nails.....all of them. She really spoiled me to trimming nails, I never start getting the dogs use to it quick enough.

Ruger, say hi to Remington, or Remmie for short. A mini border collie. He is getting up there, eats less sleeps more. Such a smart boy, uses his brain.

We keep the kitchen closed off with a baby gate, our big girl can reach the counter with a good reach. She respected the gate, he does not. We watched him one day, stick his nose under the bar, lift up and then the gate just fell over. Gate one down. Moved to a side to side type gate, that lasted about a week before he figured out how to open that one. We pick up everything on the counters now. Rem's older brother knew how to open doors and get ice from the ice maker.

View attachment 8236579
My dog can just reach right on the counter without any other tricks so we have to be careful with steaks and such just setting then there and walking off, he won't touch it if I'm in the room. He also can legit open any door in the house with his mouth/chin. We kept wondering how he would get back in a spot so I used the baby cam and watched him do it. His guarding instinct is super strong so if he's "out of position " he will do whatever it takes to be in good view of the family and also be able to view all exits. If we move places, he gets up and moves too and will re-establish his position regardless of how many times we move. He started doing it at about 6 months and 11 years later still does.

Dogs are just amazing.

View attachment 8236579
Ruger opens doors as well, anytime I’m in the garage and I don’t let him in with me. He will open the door and come in on his own.
IMG_2522.jpeg

Last edited:
My dog can just reach right on the counter without any other tricks so we have to be careful with steaks and such just setting then there and walking off, he won't touch it if I'm in the room.

Thankfully, Cherry won't touch anything unless it's given to her.
Pantry wide open or food on the counter, doesn't matter.
She will let you know if she wants it.

His guarding instinct is super strong so if he's "out of position " he will do whatever it takes to be in good view of the family and also be able to view all exits. If we move places, he gets up and moves too and will re-establish his position regardless of how many times we move. He started doing it at about 6 months and 11 years later still does.

Dogs are just amazing.

Rebecca had a dental appointment this morning. Cherry sat/laid right by the front door.
Now that she's back home, Cherry can relax.

20230927_112929.jpg