• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Man's Best Friend Thread

IMG_E7736 (2).JPG

Full gallop close up coming towards me.JPG

This is Skoshi. Our last Akita went 10 years and the end was so hard we both swore no more pets; we're not young, we wanna get an RV, we wanna travel, etc. All the lies we tell ourselves to avoid the kind of agony we lived with when Kieko's time came. The next six months were misery and then "She who must be obeyed," found "THE" litter in Texas. I flew out and back on Dec 23 for a round trip to Dallas and but for the 2 hours she spent in the hold, Skoshi has been with us every moment of every day. Turns out the breeders neglected to handle the pups frequently, so she doesn't like to be petted but otherwise, all puppy behavior, including razor mouth, we have dealt with. I probably will pass before Skoshi does so we have a trust for her; never would have believed I'd do that. We're spoiling this one (probably too much) but we want her to have at least as much happiness as she brings us. I do wish she could shoot better though.View attachment 7428054
They are different than any other breed. With the right owners, absolutely amazing dogs. Dogs are God's gift to man.

Attachments

• IMG_20171130_185608069.jpg
    IMG_20171130_185608069.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 39
All the dogs are mad because you guys aren't supporting their best friends and protected persons

They are different than any other breed. With the right owners, absolutely amazing dogs. Dogs are God's gift to man.
Truer words not spoken on the subject. We picket up a male this Christmas (Wife wanted a beefy dog) and this little guy is just goofy, wants to petted and coed over. Our girl finds his behavior undignified to say the least but we are all pretty happy with the outcomes. Our girl (Skoshi) is coming around very quickly and ignoring the boys antics (and she can do this while he a pup) but I think her little world was upset so she's bonding more with me lately.
Kaijin00B0E400-626D-4F47-9A4D-4F406ABA8678-83102798.jpeg
He's going to 100lbs at least but their personalities couldn't be farther apart. He'll be calling the shots right soon.

Truer words not spoken on the subject. We picket up a male this Christmas (Wife wanted a beefy dog) and this little guy is just goofy, wants to petted and coed over. Our girl finds his behavior undignified to say the least but we are all pretty happy with the outcomes. Our girl (Skoshi) is coming around very quickly and ignoring the boys antics (and she can do this while he a pup) but I think her little world was upset so she's bonding more with me lately. View attachment 7565532 He's going to 100lbs at least but their personalities couldn't be farther apart. He'll be calling the shots right soon.
Yeah, I'd think he will likely be well over 100. My boy is 149 (though he could trim down to 140 if he ran every day). Yours will probably get more "aloof" when he turns 2-ish. I remember when my boy was just about. 7-8 months and we noticed his moving positions every time we did so he would always be where he could see the front and back door and us. If we moved, he got up and moved, ect... Just. Incredible dogs, but they do take the right owner because of their incredible power and independent nature. Unlike any other dog by a lot! That's a beautiful pup.

Truer words not spoken on the subject. We picket up a male this Christmas (Wife wanted a beefy dog) and this little guy is just goofy, wants to petted and coed over. Our girl finds his behavior undignified to say the least but we are all pretty happy with the outcomes. Our girl (Skoshi) is coming around very quickly and ignoring the boys antics (and she can do this while he a pup) but I think her little world was upset so she's bonding more with me lately. View attachment 7565532 He's going to 100lbs at least but their personalities couldn't be farther apart. He'll be calling the shots right soon.

Beautiful pup. Gonna be bruiser.