• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Marc and Frank Chaga Some Coffee

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Do you guys have a top 3 brands for this mushroom coffee? I know Marc mentioned his but I couldn't write it down fast enough..

Frank,

Have listened to with great interest your comments on shooting the lighter 6.5bullets being a better deal than heavies. Can you elaborate? I have a couple hundred 123gr Scenars coming for testing and have enjoyed great results from 130gr AR Hybrids in the past.

John

I have mentioned it in many podcasts,

The benefits over a 130 are not gonna be as dramatic but over the 140 class of bullets, you see a big difference

Same with me and the 338, the 250s work better than the 300s, Speed wins.

Drop and drift is better when you include speed into the mix

Hell guys could sub-load the 6.5CM with 123s and find the sweet spot same as they do with the 6mms and balance the load to work better. Better BC and you can play with the velocity to balance recoil.

I like lighter bullets and speed over heavier ones with no velocity to speak off... 2800 is the beginning of the sweet spot, 2850 is your balance point, so if you are playing with a 6.5CM shooting any bullet under 2800, move to the next lighter better bullet and you'll see it make a difference

Frank,

Have listened to with great interest your comments on shooting the lighter 6.5bullets being a better deal than heavies. Can you elaborate? I have a couple hundred 123gr Scenars coming for testing and have enjoyed great results from 130gr AR Hybrids in the past.

John
    I used to shoot 140 eld-m exclusively. I’m now more into the 130’s from prime. I’m going lighter on just about everything. I shoot the prime 130 ‘s in my 260 gasser as well.

Reactions: Familydude
    Well, crap...I’m shooting 140 ELDMs as well. Would you suggest a lighter Hornady match load or in your case, do the 130’s in Prime work better for you?

Well, crap...I’m shooting 140 ELDMs as well. Would you suggest a lighter Hornady match load or in your case, do the 130’s in Prime work better for you?
    Well seeing as getting prime ain’t happening anytime soon. Stick with what you got or can get. Personally if you can find something in the 130 range from Hornady or Sierra or whomever I’d go that route. It’s not too light where wind really pushes it and it’s light enough where you can gain some velocity

Much appreciated. I have a good amount of 140 ELDMs. I’ll stick with that but try a couple lighter loads from Hornady as well for future use. This is good info. Thanks.

Much appreciated. I have a good amount of 140 ELDMs. I’ll stick with that but try a couple lighter loads from Hornady as well for future use. This is good info. Thanks.
    Is till shoot 140’s. I have like 2 cases. Nothing wrong with them. I just don’t think your giving anything up going a little lighter and faster. I’ve tried the 120’s. My 6.5 didn’t like them. But I got good velocity. I don’t reload either.

I’m swimming pretty deeply in 140’s but always hunting for more. I’ll give the 120’s a go too, to see how they work out. I was considering something in 6mm but if I can go lighter in 6.5, that may be the ticket. Not a reloaded either, so it’ll have to be factory.

I’m swimming pretty deeply in 140’s but always hunting for more. I’ll give the 120’s a go too, to see how they work out. I was considering something in 6mm but if I can go lighter in 6.5, that may be the ticket. Not a reloaded either, so it’ll have to be factory.
    This is probably a good load

I saw this and actually wondered. I’ll definitely look into it. Be nice to have options. Thanks again.

I have mentioned it in many podcasts,

The benefits over a 130 are not gonna be as dramatic but over the 140 class of bullets, you see a big difference

Same with me and the 338, the 250s work better than the 300s, Speed wins.

Drop and drift is better when you include speed into the mix

Hell guys could sub-load the 6.5CM with 123s and find the sweet spot same as they do with the 6mms and balance the load to work better. Better BC and you can play with the velocity to balance recoil.

I like lighter bullets and speed over heavier ones with no velocity to speak off... 2800 is the beginning of the sweet spot, 2850 is your balance point, so if you are playing with a 6.5CM shooting any bullet under 2800, move to the next lighter better bullet and you'll see it make a difference
    Worked up a load with Varget and 123gr Scenars. Velocity trues out at 2940. My current 140 load is the Hornady BTHP at 2685. I could push it harder but that is where the best groups are. With the 123gr Scenars my best load is at 2940. When compared to my 140gr BTHP load at 1000 yards with a full value 10mph wind, the 123gr Scenar has a .1 mil wind advantage but it has a whoppin’ 1.5 mil advantage in trajectory.

Here’s a 5 shot group at 900 yards. Can’t account for the flyer. Was it me? Don’t know but I do know I’m going to give the 123gr Scenars a try.

John

7B948EAE-DF73-4756-A904-65CAAF13668B.jpeg

2850 as the sweet spot--was gonna asking about this after a Long drive and many many podcasts.

@lowlight with 308 being kinda the redhead stepchild, would you still try and do the same? Rather than the 175 and 185 Juggernauts everyone favors move back down into the 160s to try and grab some velocity back? (Particullar with things like 2000MR to give it some more velocity).

And can confirm after hitting about 20 hours of podcast. Frank is (to paraphrase) "lighter bullets and faster twist" camp in the context of we are all trending towards very heavy bullets for caliber (77+ for 223, 140-147 for 6.5, 175+ for 308, 108+ for 6mm off top of my head).

Last edited: