• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes March 1-10 Shorty Mount

PBWalsh

Preston Walsh Fitness
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
Central AL
Hi,

Just bought one of these used from @RKBArmory which shipped in 30 minutes!!

Looking for mounts now. I know the one mount from Audere and the ring solution. Is one better than the other? Main thing the Audere has going for it is mounting a red dot up top in front of the elevation turret.

Other option is mounting two 30mm rings between the turret and mag ring. @koshkin , what do you use for yours?

Reactions: RKBArmory
Hi,

Just bought one of these used from @RKBArmory which shipped in 30 minutes!!

Looking for mounts now. I know the one mount from Audere and the ring solution. Is one better than the other? Main thing the Audere has going for it is mounting a red dot up top in front of the elevation turret.

Other option is mounting two 30mm rings between the turret and mag ring. @koshkin , what do you use for yours?

I use a custom Audere mount with extra slope with the 1-8x24 Shorty that I have.

With the 1-10x24 Shorty, I am using Burris XTR Signature ring for the testing. I have to return that scope to March soon, but so far no issues with he rings.

ILya

Reactions: PBWalsh
Called American Rifle Company and got a custom set of M-Brace scope rings at 30/33mm at 1.10” in height. Will probably just throw these on a Unity riser and be set.

Not sure if Koshkin meant a single Burris XTR Signature ring or if he meant using a 30mm in the rear and a 34mm up front.

There is a company out there selling kits consisting of one 30mm ring and one 34mm ring.

According to the site if you only use the + inserts in the front ring it will secure around the 33mm objective bell.

I only recently stumbled across this myself and registered to post it in case others were unaware of it. No affiliation with the company selling the product. Also not sure of SH rules about posting links to vendors so if somebody can tell me that's okay I'll post a link. They have a more thorough explanation.

I'm considering a 1-10 Shorty myself and will probably want a lower option than the March Unimount. Was going to use either a single ring or double narrow rings so I'm curious to here what others think about the dual XTR Signature approach.

Reptilia made a custom mount for this optic for a military customer, might hit them up.