• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes March 5-42x56 PRS scope

Agreed. But it doesn’t look promising.
I guess this frees up some coin for the ZCO
(Would have liked to have the x42 for spotting)

Reactions: gebhardt02
Interesting.

I wonder who will pick up the distributorship, if anyone.

ILya

Hi,

It appears factory is looking to setup a warranty center in the USA so it would make sense for them to assume distributorship at same time, but who knows.

Per post on accurateshooter:
March scopes will continue to be available from various distributors across USA and the factory plans to set up a Warranty center in USA.

Sincerely,
Theis

Guys - you are putting two and two together and building an Internet story. I am just waiting on official word back from a March distributor regarding where the PRS is at.

I can't find anything on any March site throughout the world on this scope. Too bad. Having a large eyebox is a most attractive quality in a scope.

Let me get this straight, it's not just the new 5-42 PRS scope that appears will not be available, but March Optics USA will no longer be the distributor for Deon here in the USA? Shiraz (@Papagrizzly) is a member of the Hide, curious if he can provide more information on the future of March Optics in the USA? Also, I assume this does not affect sales of March Optics outside the USA, I know they are very popular with our friends down under in Australia.

If I can convince Deon to use some different reticles for their FFP scopes, I'd be happy to take on distributorship of March Optics in the USA ;)

Reactions: DellaDog
I have been in contact with March and can provide the following clarifications:

Regarding the US dealership I received...

Dear Customer,

We would like to assure our U.S customers that Deon/March are still very much in business, March Optics USA are no longer going to be distributing March Scopes.
Any customers that wish to purchase a new March Scope that is not in stock with March optics USA can do so directly from DEON-manufacturer of March Scopes in Japan.
DEON is happy to answer technical questions and or technical support. We would also like to re-assure customers that own March scopes that any issues with their scope is covered by the International Warranty supplied. If you have further questions, please contact DEON from our website. https://marchscopes.com/about-us/

Please bear with us for the interim period between Dealers/Distributor changeover.

We do have some new and exciting things we are working on, which will be announced during 2019.

Reactions: carbonbased
Regarding the PRS scope, I received...

The 5-42x56 “PRS” scope has not be shelved or cancelled, this scope is still undergoing R&D and improvements, the 3rd Gen model is just about to be tested, this has a brand new lens systems and several further modifications/improvements which were identified during testing and evaluation of the the Gen 2, unfortunately this scope was announced prematurely, We will update all after the new tests are finished.

Unquote

Having tested the Gen 2 in a range of scenarios, I am really looking froward to getting my hands on the Gen 3 model and running it through its paces.

Great info Hairy, thanks for sharing.

Does this mean that all warranty needs will now be shipped to Japan?

Excellent news! I’ve been waiting on this one for quite some time. I’ve purchased a few scopes here and there but for the most part, I’ve been waiting on a big purchase for this scope. Fingers crossed

Production copy will be at SHOT. Some tweaks have been made since the original, including a turret redesign. I have renderrings of the new turrets somewhere. I'll dig them up.

ILya

Thanks ILya

Last edited:
As long as they are not overly busy and look like a flight simulator screen.
Or as long as there is a simple reticle option available.

Last edited:
I am scheduled to be in the March booth at SHOT 2020 and I'm looking forward to "playing" with the new 5-42X56 as much as one can in such a setting. If al goes to plan, I'll have pictures and more information about that scope (and others) next month. Keep an eye on the Marchscopes.com website for official news and this thread for "unofficial" news.

I am scheduled to be in the March booth at SHOT 2020 and I'm looking forward to "playing" with the new 5-42X56 as much as one can in such a setting. If al goes to plan, I'll have pictures and more information about that scope (and others) next month. Keep an eye on the Marchscopes.com website for official news and this thread for "unofficial" news.

Can you ask about the current service status of March scopes?

I have a circa 2012 3-24x42 that I have used extensively and want to hang on to. Optically, it still performs, but I was wondering if I could sent it in for the new reticle? Also updating the turrets to 1/6283 mil value would be nice.

Reactions: Denys
Can you ask about the current service status of March scopes?

I have a circa 2012 3-24x42 that I have used extensively and want to hang on to. Optically, it still performs, but I was wondering if I could sent it in for the new reticle? Also updating the turrets to 1/6283 mil value would be nice.
I had a reticle changed in my March earlier this year; it was returned directly to me in about 3 weeks. That was before Shiraz exited the scene. Recently, March posted this on their website:

Click on the link in that page and then scroll down to the bottom to enter your information.

They now have someone in the US to whom you ship your scope and they will send it on to Japan for you. It will still be returned directly to you from Japan.

I'll try to find out if they can just post the shipping information on the support page, but for now, just use the Contact Us form and they will get it done.

Reactions: lennyo3034
I know that the following specs were referring to the prototype version of this scope, but the eye relief seems pretty short: 70-90mm (2.75”-3.54”)

Granted at 42x, eye relief is going to be close, but even at 5x only 3.54”? Hopefully there’s going to be more eye relief on the production version.

I know that the following specs were referring to the prototype version of this scope, but the eye relief seems pretty short: 70-90mm (2.75”-3.54”)

Granted at 42x, eye relief is going to be close, but even at 5x only 3.54”? Hopefully there’s going to be more eye relief on the production version.
With 8.4x zoom range I imagine some compromises had to be made.

3.54" is a very standard amount of eye relief for most high end precision scope: S&B, etc.

When I used the prototype, I did not have to adjust my head position while changing magnification, so I think it stayed consistent.

ILya

One of the new features of this scope is the expanded field of view of the eyepiece. I think this feature will be well appreciated by shooters. This is certainly something with which I need to get reacquainted at SHOT 2020.

Any idea if the reticle was changed any?
The reticle that was shown at last years SHOT was premature and has since been completely re-designed. The new design is of the .2 mil hash variety with a Christmas tree and unobtrusive dots in the tree, it is a very clean design and I'm excited to see it in production.

All the specs I’ve seen have been MOA. Are they doing an MRAD option?
They are introducing the scope as an Mrad version first. March would like to gain a greater market share with the FFP crown here in the states and abroad, they are serious about wanting to be a player in the alpha class competition scope market.

Reactions: gnochi
I really like the current 5-40, I’d like to see the new PRS (and redesigned reticle) as well.

I placed an early order last year that they subsequently cancelled after March changed hands in the states, so I’m a bit skeptical we’ll see it this year.

So, the Genesis has the advantages of elevation, glass clarity at elevation extremes, and possibly FOV (if it’s wide angle), while the PRS has the advantages of presumably cost, weight, and the ability to use whatever rings you want?

Anything public on what sorts of costs we’re talking about here?

Anything public on what sorts of costs we’re talking about here?
Nothing solid yet on pricing, but the Genesis 6-60 runs over $6k so I’d expect the 4-40 to be a bit less. For the 5-42x56, the current 5-40 runs about $3500 and since the goal with the scope is to compete with the Schmidt 5-45 I’d expect somewhere under the Schmidt but a bit more than the current 5-40.

Reactions: gnochi
They should be able to have good pricing estimates in time for SHOT.

Also, it looks like March will be extending their warranty to ten years.

ILya
If they do that and make it transferable to any owner that would be fantastic!

Reactions: Kickin45