• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes March FFP scope illumination ?

Drifter™

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2009
North Carolina
March charges a healthy premium for illumination in their tactical FFP models.

Before buying, I would like to know how dim they can go. For lowlight hunting applications, I don't want the lowest setting to be too bright, thus washing out the target.

If some owners could shed some insight on this aspect, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

You can choose the dim reticle electronics or you can choose the daylight visible. In fact, you can buy both for the same scope.

You can choose the dim reticle electronics or you can choose the daylight visible. In fact, you can buy both for the same scope.

Understood, but just how dim will the Low Power Illumination Switch go..?

My preference is barely visible in the dark. If the March doesn't go that dim, I'll save some ca$h and get a non-illuminated version.

The low setting is very dim. If you want it to just barely be visible so that you can distinguish from trees and brush you will be fine. However even with the brighter module on the lowest setting will not wash out anything. They charge a premium cause they did it very well. There is no bleeding or washing out even if you jack the settings up high. I have a few and none of them will cause an issue but for what your looking for the low end module is going to be perfect for you.

I just received a March 3-24 x 52 illuminated FML reticle scope last night.

In the short time that I played with this in the dark using the low light switch installed I was very impressed .
Though a rather expensive option the illumination works fine in low light conditions giving a precise well defined illuminated portion of the FML reticle .
This is before actual testing shooting.

My only other experience with illuminated reticles was looking thru one of the early Night Force scopes.

Glenn