• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

March FX 4.5-28x52 FFP High Master

Cold_Bore_88

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2013
The Woodlands, TX
What is the word on this scope? I have the older 3-24x42 version and have enjoyed shooting it over the years. Now the FX comes out with a better turret, better reticle and a 34mm tube.

I am looking at the for a hunting rifle and was considering the NF 4-16x42 until I saw it weighs roughly the same as the March.

What is the word on this scope? I have the older 3-24x42 version and have enjoyed shooting it over the years. Now the FX comes out with a better turret, better reticle and a 34mm tube.

I am looking at the for a hunting rifle and was considering the NF 4-16x42 until I saw it weighs roughly the same as the March.
I believe that there is a review of it on here if you search. I was going to go with it until I seen the SB 6X36 for my 28nos

If you enjoyed the 3-24x42 you will absolutely love the 4.5-28x52, it is a better scope in practically every way - optically, mechanically, ergonomically. The new Shuriken lock turrets are the real deal and some of the best turrets out there, locking mechanism is ingenious.

One unmentioned (so far) feature of the March-FX 4.5-28X52 HM is its ultra-wide FOV of 25° compared to the 20° of the March 3-24X42. That means you will have and 25% side to side FOV for a total of 156% of the view through the Marc 3-24X42, The FOV in the 4.5-28X52 HM is huge.

One unmentioned (so far) feature of the March-FX 4.5-28X52 HM is its ultra-wide FOV of 25° compared to the 20° of the March 3-24X42. That means you will have and 25% side to side FOV for a total of 156% of the view through the Marc 3-24X42, The FOV in the 4.5-28X52 HM is huge.
Spot on, FOV is one of the best features of this scope and really differentiates it from almost all other FFP scopes on the market today. You really don't know how much of a difference this makes until you actually see what you haven't been able to see (with other scopes).

Does anyone know if March is willing/able to replace the turrets in an older 4.5-28 with the new Shruiken turrets?

I like the old turrets on mine. I am sure the new ones are nice, but I don’t think it’s a must have, especially if you can find one for a good deal.

Reactions: Denys
My 4.5-28X52 has the old turrets also, and they work just fine, for me. I do love the Shuriken turrets on my Majesta.

Last edited:
Well, it sounds like this may be the scope for me.

I just built a “lighter” 6.5 PRC and my plan was to put my 4-20 ZCO on it. The ZCO currently sits on my 16” .308 AR. I was going to put a 4-16 NF ATACR on the AR as a replacement. I really liked the NF MIL-XT reticle.

After I found the this March I think I have changed my mind. The 4.5-28 would be a great scope for a light 6.5 PRC hunting rifle.

Reactions: TheOE800 and Denys
The FOV in the 4.5-28X52 HM is huge.
It is awesome.
After I found the this March I think I have changed my mind. The 4.5-28 would be a great scope for a light 6.5 PRC hunting rifle.
I have this on my lightweight 6.5 PRC. It has become my go to rifle for pretty much everything and is probably my favorite scope.

Well, it sounds like this may be the scope for me.

I just built a “lighter” 6.5 PRC and my plan was to put my 4-20 ZCO on it. The ZCO currently sits on my 16” .308 AR. I was going to put a 4-16 NF ATACR on the AR as a replacement. I really liked the NF MIL-XT reticle.

Well you didn't tell me this was for a lightweight 6.5 PRC, here's my lightweight 6.5 PRC and it just so happens to be where I'm using my 4.5-28 this year ;) Keep in mind I really like the ATACR 4-16x42, but if you can pay the extra for the March 4.5-28x52 then it offers so much more...

IMG_8466.jpeg

IMG_8467.jpeg

Oh man. I have almost the same setup. LRH stock, proof barrel, M5 DBM. Good. Looking gun. 😜
Yep, Manners LRH with mini-chassis and arca rail, Defiance anTi X and 18" Proof CF barrel, I absolutely love this rifle as it is such a great all rounder, you will love yours!

Spot on, FOV is one of the best features of this scope and really differentiates it from almost all other FFP scopes on the market today. You really don't know how much of a difference this makes until you actually see what you haven't been able to see (with other scopes).
Looking back at IWA 2024 scope offerings i have seen , it seems we are in for a wave of new wide-angle scopes in the future , all the chinese OEMs had some models with wide angle eyepieces so only a question of time before brands offer those under their labels.

Wide angle eyepieces and large FOV FFP scopes will be all the rage in 1-2kilobucks range next year

Reactions: Glassaholic

Most importantly this scope is tough and tracks true.
I've taken my 6mm to 1340 yards with the fx 4.5-28 and she hits where she's supposed to, can't say that about some of the other $3000 optics out there.

My only complaint is that the short tube is a bastard to mount on a LA with integral bases, eye relief is pretty short so you'll have to use cantilever mounts for proper eye relief

Reactions: Cold_Bore_88
Most importantly this scope is tough and tracks true.
I've taken my 6mm to 1340 yards with the fx 4.5-28 and she hits where she's supposed to, can't say that about some of the other $3000 optics out there.

My only complaint is that the short tube is a bastard to mount on a LA with integral bases, eye relief is pretty short so you'll have to use cantilever mounts for proper eye relief
I actually ran into this issue with my 3-24x42 on a LA. The scope sits about 1 pic rail forward of where I want it to. I ended up adjusting the stock a little to get proper relief.

I put one on my SRS-M2 and I’ve been loving it so far. As mentioned earlier, the field of view is the best part, didn’t know what I was missing until now.
The only issue I’ve run into is how low profile the turrets are. Running my ARC mount, the top of the rings are so thick that I have to lift my head to see the turret markings. Going to switch to a different mount or maybe just a set of rings with a lower profile top ring to see it better and that’s will solve my only issue.
IMG_4158.jpeg

I put one on my SRS-M2 and I’ve been loving it so far. As mentioned earlier, the field of view is the best part, didn’t know what I was missing until now.
The only issue I’ve run into is how low profile the turrets are. Running my ARC mount, the top of the rings are so thick that I have to lift my head to see the turret markings. Going to switch to a different mount or maybe just a set of rings with a lower profile top ring to see it better and that’s will solve my only issue.
View attachment 8364384
I ran into similar with mine using ARC rings, I went to Spuhr and that helped solve the issue, the new Shuriken lock turrets are a little higher with larger numbers which may make this easier. Doesn't help you but if others should see this post it is just something to be aware of.

I ran into similar with mine using ARC rings, I went to Spuhr and that helped solve the issue, the new Shuriken lock turrets are a little higher with larger numbers which may make this easier. Doesn't help you but if others should see this post it is just something to be aware of.
I have a Shuriken model with a Spuhr mount and can confirm the markings on the top turret are above the mounting rings. That said, I need to rotate the rear flip cover so it’s not blocking my view.

full

When sighting in at 100 yards, windage needed .3 mil to the left and elevation needed .6 mil down. Is this an acceptable deviation?

IMG_0570.jpeg

IMG_0569.jpeg

Reactions: eurotrash
I have a little time on an older model I got a good deal on used, and it’s a great scope! I wouldn’t mind getting the new model some day for another rifle. Replaced my NXS on my 300nmi and saved a few ounces in the process.

Reactions: Glassaholic
How durable & robust are these new March optics? Enough for rattle can paint job and hauled around on a heavy gas gun?

When I ordered mine, I asked CS at Euro Optic if they’ve had any returns and they said no. I think with March you are paying for the scope whereas with Vortex you are paying for the warranty.

full
Appreciate the reply, I rarely see a bench rest, mostly running through courses of fire so I want to make sure it can hold up to abuse like an ATACR— rattle canned and abused 😄 The throw lever seems like an afterthought, has anyone found a more durable solution? Glass looks incredible…

Appreciate the reply, I rarely see a bench rest, mostly running through courses of fire so I want to make sure it can hold up to abuse like an ATACR— rattle canned and abused 😄 The throw lever seems like an afterthought, has anyone found a more durable solution? Glass looks incredible…
I’ve only had mine for 2 range sessions, bench and prone, so it’s too early to assess durability. The plastic throw lever is meant to break away if you bump it into something. I don’t think March spared any expense, considering there are no internal plastic parts. Also beneficial is the 4mm thick aluminum tube. March has a 10 year warranty, but I don’t think it covers what they deem improper use, so that should factor into your decision. They will, however, fix your scope for a fee.

Let me address the throw lever thing. It is not an afterthought; it is actually cleverly designed. It is inexpensive, it is some type of polymer (plastic), it is light, and it is designed to breakaway if hit hard. This way, it will not mar the surface of the riflescope, and if it hits something, it will fall off in two pieces instead of bending your scope or messing up your erector tube or gouging out flesh in your hand or face. It it comes apart, say a silent thank you there is no damage to the riflescope or you, pick up the two pieces and snap them back together on the magnification ring. Easy peasy. If you lose it, it's not a big expense.

Reactions: ModernDefense
Let me address the throw lever thing. It is not an afterthought; it is actually cleverly designed. It is inexpensive, it is some type of polymer (plastic), it is light, and it is designed to breakaway if hit hard. This way, it will not mar the surface of the riflescope, and if it hits something, it will fall off in two pieces instead of bending your scope or messing up your erector tube or gouging out flesh in your hand or face. It it comes apart, say a silent thank you there is no damage to the riflescope or you, pick up the two pieces and snap them back together on the magnification ring. Easy peasy. If you lose it, it's not a big expense.
I can appreciate their approach to design for sure. How hard are we talking though, if it snags on gear exiting a vehicle is it going to pop off and end up in the dirt?

A few years ago March had an issue with distributors and they did not have anyone in the US. While they were figuring it out, I volunteered to help them forward any scopes that might need to go back to them for repair from the US. That way, their customers had a US address to ship the scopes to.
Let's just say they did not keep me busy, which is exactly what I was counting on. I think I had to forward two or three scopes over in about a year and only one of them actually had a problem. I have notes on that somewhere, but I am pretty sure this is correct.
Now, anything can be broken, including March scopes. They support their customers well on rare occasions when that happens.

ILya

I can appreciate their approach to design for sure. How hard are we talking though, if it snags on gear exiting a vehicle is it going to pop off and end up in the dirt?
It's got to be a pretty hard hit. I have one on my F-TR rifle, and it has never come apart. It's been to scores of matches, all around the continent.

If it comes apart, it's because it was appropriate to do so.