• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes march scopes?

Re: march scopes?

From what I've read, they have incredible optics. How else can you get a 10:1 zoom ratio? However, the reticle choices may need a little work. I wonder what the prices are? Gotta ask Kelbly's I suppose.

i know that 6mmbr.com wouldnt put barska on their front page. but what magic are they using to get 2.5-25x out of one scope?

if its USO priced magic they're destined to stay odd birds of the optics world, like pride-fowler and others.

I don't think getting a 10:1 zoom ratio (25x/2.5x, for example)is the hard part, it's making the optics good enough that the image doesn't go to hell when it's that high. In a cheap astronomical telescope, you can very high magnifications but the image is just a useless blur.

I just e-mailed Jim Kelbly for a price on the 1-10x24mm scope.

March scopes are made one at a time and slowly, and they are among the oddest of odd birds. I'm guessing the 1-10x will be about the same price as the S&B Short Dot.

Optics are outstanding. Early morning in perfect conditions we were about able to see .30 cal bullet holes in white paper at 1K with the 60X BR model.
I didn't get confirmation on the price from Mr Kelbly. But, given the comparison with the other scopes apple for apples. Price will be more than the Premier, S&B etc.

wow, something else for me to wish i had. thanks for clearing that up.

Yeah, they are remarkable. I had the pleasure of viewing all the models pre-tactical. Over a 3 day period in multiple conditions. Outstanding, simply outstanding.

I don't know if I would spend the money personally. As I didn't see the need or to many advantages over the NXS, and Nightforce BR in the 42X. Given the price and my budget.

I would like to see a torture test on the tactical model and if the outcome is favorable I might change my mind.

I do know that there are only 12 individuals who hand build each scope. I also know no corners were cut in the R&D and components used. I can't recall verbatim the back ground on the engineers who developed these, but I do remember they are leaders in the industry and have developed others scopes for many other manufacturers.

I was lucky enough to have Mr. Kelbly next to me in the pits where he was hounded by me and my numerous questions.

Jim Kelbly just wrote me that the prices on the 1-10x and 2.5-25x have not been set, but delivery is anticipated for midsummer.

What kind of warranty do these high-priced optics have?

Lifetime, or if not how many years duration?
Transferable from original buyer to another buyer?
Is the warranty all inclusive or are there certain things that may not be covered?
Etc.

I asked about the warranty when somebody posted about these scopes earlier but received no answer. Not surprising considering that the importer can't even come up with a price.

I've purchased a few high priced optics in my time, but for now I'll pass on the March - at least until their pricing structure is established, the warranty is presented in detail, and they've been proven in the field by more than just a few Kelbly sycophants.

Just my opinion
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csGunWorks.com</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did they give you a price?

Mike </div></div>

No, Mike, Jim wrote me that they would be pricing them in a few weeks.

March scope warrantees have been a concern for BR shooters who have been interested in their other scopes. Apparently the warranty is for a few years only and you are responsible for sending it back to Japan. With the expansion of the March scope line, maybe Kelbly's would get involved on behalf of the buyer. It's still an issue.

I just received an e-mail from Kelbly's. The 1-10x25 tactical scope will be available in June-July 2009. The price is $1900 without illumination, and $2500 with an illuminated MTR reticle.

So now ya know.

Is their a price page that can be found on the 2.5x25 or do you have to call Kelblys to get a price. Are these usally in stock or is it a long wait

I checked a month ago on the price. From the .xls I downloaded they were $2750 for the March 2.5-25X42 - Illuminated, MTR-1 reticle, MTR-2 reticle or MML reticle. If I recall, finding the price sheet on the website wasn't super easy.

So, do we have the option of single and double turn magnification rings now?