• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Marine beats a mentally challenged man. NSFW

Re: Marine beats a mentally challenged man. NSFW

man, I wonder what Blythey blythe thinks now thinks now? This is gotta beone of the biggest cases of "Why the hell did I do that" in the world!

I guess he is the true meaning of an internet tough guy! They talk big on the nets, but end up being douchebags in the end!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 762BodyDropper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">man, I wonder what Blythey blythe thinks now thinks now? This is gotta beone of the biggest cases of "Why the hell did I do that" in the world!
</div></div>

More likely, "I don't know what all the fuss is about." Posting that video ment he was a POS 25 years ago and nothing has changed since then.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wObjWdQBeA4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wObjWdQBeA4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I bet his bung hole is starting to pucker now...

You know Im all for this taking its legal course and all.....But I know ALL you high speed folks here have some clout....I read posts about guys goin backstage with VanHalen, and DoorKicker's harems....

Someone, somewhere on the Hide should be able to get us a match with Willie J. Dennis on Bully Beatdown....

Bruce

Seeing that vidieo makes my day. As I said to Bruce on PM, at the end of the show Cold Case theres always a seen where you see the victim's ghost sort of saying thanx...well I may be 'llucinating, but I swear i get glimpses of that guy waving goodbye to us all. Job well done, now its up to the proper authorities.

That's a damn disgrace. I hope these guys get what's coming to them.

I finally worked myself up to watching the video. I wish I wouldn't have.

Damn Chuff, thats nothing the loving vidieo you sent mayor Bumbag. Id like to see that happen to Bobby and Willie. They could pick the shards of glass out of each other.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn Chuff, thats nothing the loving vidieo you sent mayor Bumbag. Id like to see that happen to Bobby and Willie. They could pick the shards of glass out of each other.

</div></div>

grin.gif

It certainly makes it easier to watch when some dumbass does it to himself, though.

Portland Oregon Marine here. Disgusting. No brother of mine, not him nor his students. Reported this to KATU.COM news.

This is gettin better and better, I really wish there was a way to strip them of the title of Marine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chuff</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn Chuff, thats nothing the loving vidieo you sent mayor Bumbag. Id like to see that happen to Bobby and Willie. They could pick the shards of glass out of each other.

</div></div>

grin.gif

It certainly makes it easier to watch when some dumbass does it to himself, though. </div></div>

You'll eat a recycled lima been skin but get squeamish watching the video?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chuff</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn Chuff, thats nothing the loving vidieo you sent mayor Bumbag. Id like to see that happen to Bobby and Willie. They could pick the shards of glass out of each other.

</div></div>

grin.gif

It certainly makes it easier to watch when some dumbass does it to himself, though. </div></div>

You'll eat a recycled lima been skin but get squeamish watching the video?

</div></div>

No Thanks
Thats a <span style="color: #CC0000"> </span> <span style="font-size: 17pt"> </span> FAIL
Glad this case is being looked into though.

Email from Robert Zing - I emailed him and advised him of what his master had done - and I respect his point of view also...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Scott,

I understand your anger over the video, however I had already left the school several months prior to start my own school and do my own thing.

This incident has caused a fire storm of righteous indignation in people who want to see justice and have people pay. However, the information about Mr. Blythe on my website is the beginning of the historical record of my training history. I can not and will not run away from who trained me or deny that they were my instructor, even though I have no contact with them now. I have gone on to train with other instructors and represent other organizations and do not condone what the video stands for.

Your concerns are well taken but I follow a different path than Mr. Blythe.

thank you for your time and take care.

Rob Zingg

</div></div>

At least it's in the media

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wObjWdQBeA4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wObjWdQBeA4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At least it's in the media

</div></div>

Thanks for the repost. I'm sure no one saw it on the previous page.
grin.gif

BTW, Supposedly Virginia is one of the seven states that has no statute of limitation on felonies. That means this case can be prosecuted at any time in Virginia.

Can anyone confirm this?

Back up a bit. If he didn't die, check the statutes of limitation on ALL the crimes committed that day (if at all): When does the limitations period begin to run: When the crime was committed? When there is evidence that the crime was committed? When the authorities have actual or constructive notice of the crime? Or when the evidence becomes available? I don't know. Does anyone who posted above have the answer?

I think Tucker301 might be best able to expound on the Virginia statures, as he is more a scholar than I. I can say that our Govenor, Tim Kaine, as well as our senator Jim Webb (former Sec of the navy) and other senators Robb and Warner are all combat marine officers. Bobby and Willie and all will get no sympathy here in the Commonwealth. And to my dismay we still award the worst offenders the silver needle...though I doubt this would go as a capital offense. I would bet the guy died. As noted above that kind of breathing onset so rapidly says broken neck or severe trauma to the medula, the nerve center.

I wonder why they wiped up the puddle of blood that poured out of the guys head and then filmed the blood trail?

Hell is too good for these men. Makes me ashamed of my fellow man/Marine. They do not deserve to live and death would not bring enough justice. Even if they are not found or found guily they still have to stand in front of God. If the man did not live I hope he is happly in heaven standing next to jesus.

I am glad this is on the road to having something done. To all who sent this foward to law enforcement and media, THANK YOU.

My Father works with Mentally handicapped adults in Northern Virginia and has made friends with some of Virginia's top judicial figures.

No name dropping on his behalf, but he will surely see this thread and I have no doubt this will soon be in the VA courts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bruce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know Im all for this taking its legal course and all.....But I know ALL you high speed folks here have some clout....I read posts about guys goin backstage with VanHalen, and DoorKicker's harems....

Someone, somewhere on the Hide should be able to get us a match with Willie J. Dennis on Bully Beatdown....

Bruce </div></div>

I know you're just venting but after I talked to my sensei about that, we all agreed - that would put us down on the same level as him.

I do hope moral justice is done, and I'm curious to see what became of the guy - if he did survive and that WAS him confined in a mental institution could this have had something to do with it - brain damage etc...

Every one that was there needs to be tried in one level or another and if any lawmen were involved in any way they at the very least should never be allowed a federal, state, or local job. Ever.

Right now, the floks at Bullshido are narrowing down who the victim is. When taht happens it will get very intersting. I will continue to update this thread with any relevant info as it comes out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Every one that was there needs to be tried in one level or another and if any lawmen were involved in any way they at the very least should never be allowed a federal, state, or local job. Ever. </div></div>

They should go to prison as well. More so. As a civilian Im not sworn to uphold the law. In fact if Im truly a patriot then I am required by my conscince to disobey unjust laws. An officer of the law, however,takes an oath to uphold those laws he serves. If he or she breaks that oath then they are doubly at fault and should be punished even more severely. That is if you acknowledge the need for the law to apply equally to all. What good is it if it doesnt....is any group so priveleged as to be "above the law"? Would that be justice?

Getting arrested and put in jail is too good for these bastards. They need to same treatment they gave to that guy. The mentally challenged part i don't get. The guy had some training and held his own for quite a while. In fact I am not sure someone else might of got him out of camera view before the kicks to the head. Either way 25 days ago or 25 years ago their is a debt to be paid and collected.

As usual, I'm late to the thread. I've been sitting here for almost an hour after reading the whole thread wondering what I wanna say. I have nothing "tangible" to contribute except my rage and hope, that these fucks get what's coming to them.

Without meaning insult to any nor all who've written before me, my rage is 'different'. But I have to vent.

Yes, it's the rage of the 'righteous' who feels a compassion for the less "equal" ('competent', 'healthy', 'fortunate'--whatever the word or descriptor should be, for the victim). and yes, I yearn for justice for the victim, who was so obviously handicapped by some kind of mental or psychological problem. I will now frequent this forum with much more regularity than I have in the last 6 years only because I am eager to hear how this case progresses. (I joined SH in Oct 01, and was "gofish" until I lost my login and my interest in LR shooting waned). I guess I should say I am "thankful" that I was curious enough to read this thread; without this site and "TRG's" post, I'm sure I wouldn't have learned about this through any medium I usually frequent. I'm eager to see these fuckers fry. Thank you, to all you now at the 'Hide, for this thread and pushing for justice.

I wasn't a Marine. I didn't serve. I feel no camaraderie towards a "unit" in the western military sense. In short, I don't feel the 'shame' or 'betrayal' that has been voiced here. There are obviously several folks who have posted on this thread who have trained in some kind of "martial arts" who feel a sense of betrayal of their practiced 'traditions'.

Here's the part that might offend... but I gotta speak my mind. I'm Asian, born in the USA, raised in the dichotomous cultural experience of East and West. With that background behind me, and *my* karate training, the behavior displayed in this video doesn't surprise me in the least. It <span style="font-style: italic">*is*</span> the Marine Corps conduct that I experienced in our dojo, from the only two USMC students (who were friends and partners) I've ever trained with. For all the contempt harbored amongst WWII vets and American 'westerners' for "slant-eyed thinking", I submit that a Japanese instructor would never allow that prolonged machismo to ferment in his dojo--as with 'our' two (USMC) students--they were prohibited from training once it was understood by the time of their green belt ranking that their 'hot shot' and 'macho' attitudes were immalleable. Some may recall that I moved from CA to Mississippi several years ago. I haven't found a dojo to train at because of all the "Hooyah-cowboy" attitudes I've seen down here. Shotokan, Seibukan, Isshinryu, etc., there are (or have been) 4-6 different styles offered here in the last 7 years, but their head instructors suffer from a similar cultural attitude and mental "Hooyah" approach. And so proudly "trace their lineage" back to the aforementioned styles... they're not from those styles, they use those style names to lend a validity to their marquis and billboards. There is no respect for oneself--not enough to quell the urge to demonstrate prowess, solely for vanity's sake-- everyone here is required to wear gloves, pads, mouthguards, etc. Most won't even understand my disgust when I cry, "Foul!!" All the studios here spar with pads. Why? because they have no control; they don't even understand they lack an understanding of the concept. 'Control' is, a physical manifestation of one's sense of respect--respect for one's partner, and respect for everyone else. There's a feeling in a Japanese dojo--paraphrased, it might go like this--"shame yourself, you shame us all; perform with honor, and win or lose, you reflect honor on us all." In all the 'western' dojos I've ever visited, 'victory' was all-important; the pads absorb any "mistakes"--'control' is a faint cousin to victory. Victory brings honor. A new concept; one I understand because of my Western upbringing. Pushed to its' limits, that concept is bastardized into a version of (Blythe's) 'martial arts'. No, pads are an excuse. Contact can still be made with hands and feet. One must embrace the discipline of controlling one's physical movements out of sheer respect for all others present.

'Martial Arts' is not that fuckin' plastic decal silhouette of some guy kicking face-high that's stuck on the back of the rear window on that GMC or F-350. True "karate" is, <span style="font-style: italic">no one knows you know</span>. <span style="font-style: italic">That's </span>*my* rage. "Martial Arts" is a media term, (unintentionally accurately) describing the corrupted and tainted fighting practices, beliefs, and traditions that were deemed 'inappropriate' by the tide of Western-focused media. Our discipline moved from a faith and practice to a mysterious "art". It is not, and never has been, 'art'. (and how can I say all that about 'karate', having "outted" myself??--because in essence, I'm still anonymous--who of ya'll remember "gofish" anyway?)

These motherfuckers should pay, down through their grandchildren, for professing a knowledge of which the subject they understand nothing about. All they did was run a 'school' to put a roof over their heads and food on the table.

Lastly, I see Bruce is here. Sasquatch, how're you doing? Is Capt. Huskey still around? Green788 or Gruff? Be good. 'fish

I agree with the basic premise of your post with the exception of the suggestion or concept that "Marine" or their gung-ho thinking of such mentality led to the metality within this dojo.

Marines may have been outraged here for the same reasons that you are. Simply put, beating up on the weak or the vulnerable. For that you don't need armed forces training or martial arts training.

The thinking or mentality of this dojo isn't unheard of and hollywood used this theme in their movie Karate Kid. In addition traditional Japanese or Korean instructors may or may not have such predispositions. In my opinion, not.

Some parents and some individuals may not have the foresight to sit through several classes within a martial arts training school before they decide to enlist their children, or themselves. For certain the school takes on the mentality of the instructors with regards to important concepts like honour, respect for others and the use of martial techniques on others to enforce their will upon them. I.e. to become better trained bullies.

Otherwise, agreed in whole.

Well, this Marine is outraged by the behaviour in that dojo.

I have little contact with how Shotokan is now taught in this country.

However, I lived in Japan for three years. At the time, I was a child, and studied judo.

After we returned to the U.S., I continued my study of judo for a while, then switched to Shotokan karate, with American military instructors trained in Japan.

I also trained briefly in the dojos of Nishiyama Sensei, and Oshima Sensei, who were involved in training the military instructors I trained under.

In later life, I trained in aikido and iaido.

In no case did I encounter the kind of attitudes which were reflected in the behaviour of instructors on that video. When attitudes like that began to show in students, they were immediately and strongly corrected - in some cases by removing the offender from the dojo.

If, as you say, those kinds of attitudes are common, that's a pity. They do not represent the true spirit of what we call the martial arts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: victory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who could forget the name gofish? Glad your back. </div></div>

Now thats a good one! lol

As for the two shit heads bobby joe and willie they need to be tarred and feathered! I dont care what you know, unless it is a kill or be killed situation you never stomp a mud hole in somebody when they are clearly out of the fight!

Ok, first off, let me start by saying that I think beating homeless nutjobs half to death is not the right thing to do.

But, guys, if the guy died, and 25 years later, they can prove it was a result of this video, the guys might get charged. But, homeless have very rough lives, and its not uncommon for one to bash another ones head in with a 2x4. Thats called reasonable doubt. (Cold forensics might be tough, is what Im sayin)

If they guy lived, I doubt this has much of a chance of going anywhere. No victim, no crime. Homeless nutbags are transient. They dont have mailing addresses. They have short lifespans, due to crime, disease, weather, etc. Good luck tracking down one nutbag and getting him to (legally) remember an asswhooping and write a statement that will hold up in court.

All this indignation and emotional responses to an internet video doesnt really get much accomplished. Yeah, the video sucks. It sucks that someone would do that to a nutbag who didnt know any better. But, other than lipservice to a camera, do you think a Chief of Police wants to open a case on a 25 year old crime against some whackjob who didnt report it in the first place? No. Does is want another unsolved violent crime in his city that he has to explain? No. And, I'd be willing to bet, anything you see from LE about this, is simply that: lipservice to the media. "Yeah! We'll look into it!" Sound familiar?

But, I may be way off base. Hopefully, the reports that the LEOs took about the guy in the shopping center included a valid name and identifying information. (25 years ago, that might be a bit of a stretch. Things were handled differently until much more recently than that) And, maybe the COP really wants to nail this guy, and the statute of limitations will allow for a prosecution (SEE BELOW: GTG for SOL). And, maybe they can find the Signal 20 and get him to write a coherent statement with details of the events. And, maybe, everyone that was there will roll over on everyone else that was there. And, again, maybe the SOL for that state will allow for prosecutions of them as well.

But, thats a lot of what ifs and maybes.

http://corsal.org/06SOLNCVC Statute_of_Limitations_Fact_Sheet32[1].pdf

7 states that have no statute of limitation on any felony
Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, West Virginia, Wyoming, and Virginia

8 states that have no statute of limitation on the most serious felonies
Alabama crimes involving use or threat of violence
California crimes punishable by death or life imprisonment
Louisiana crimes punishable by death or life imprisonment
Tennessee crimes punishable by death or life imprisonment
New York Class A felonies
New Mexico Class A felonies
Indiana Class A felonies
South Dakota Class A or B or Class 1 felonies

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bruce</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> this is truly a shit dojo, and Willie Dennis is truly a shit blackbelt and Blythe is truly a piece of shit belt factory faggot.
</div></div>

Absolutely. The black belt in the white gi resorted to gang-banger head stomping techniques when his karate proved ineffective.

From the paper: <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mackey said officers recalled helping the victim out of out of a Dumpster near the dojo, and said many remember that the man walked away from the incident.

“It was definitely not a homicide,” said Mackey.</div></div>

Statute of limitations has run. I think that will be the end of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From the paper: <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mackey said officers recalled helping the victim out of out of a Dumpster near the dojo, and said many remember that the man walked away from the incident.

Statute of limitations has run. I think that will be the end of it. </div></div>
But then again, it surfaced that there were a few officers inside the Blythe dojo at that time, so who you ask information to becomes quite important.

It seems pretty strange to me that nothing was filed after that beating.
Shouldn't this be on file somewhere?
Aren't emergency centers required to collect and file information when they see certain types of injuries?
Just wondering ...

If William Dennis is a blackbelt then I am Bruce fucking Lee. That idiot couldn't spell karate. I don't care if the guy died, wlaked away or was carried away. Those two jackasses still need at the very least the same kind of beat down. I bet that wasn't the first nor the last guy they treated that way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bruce</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> this is truly a shit dojo, and Willie Dennis is truly a shit blackbelt and Blythe is truly a piece of shit belt factory faggot.
</div></div>

Absolutely. The black belt in the white gi resorted to gang-banger head stomping techniques when his karate proved ineffective. </div></div>

Hotice, not strange at all. Plenty of assaults are unreported, especially against Sig 20s and homeless.

Shaggy - the good part this video does is undermine anything that the shitbag "Sensei's" did in their career.

I don't care if he was honored for saving a president, after this video he has lost virtually ALL respect in the Martial Arts community - and those in the know, KNOW that it's as tightknit a community as is the shooting community.

I realize they may or may not (Likely not) be able to prosecute but what a legacy to die with "I killed a homeless man and got away with it" - and that's how he will be remembered.

There is a Butokukan master locally that was convicted of molesting children - all his teachings were good but that's how he is remembered.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From the paper: <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mackey said officers recalled helping the victim out of out of a Dumpster near the dojo, and said many remember that the man walked away from the incident.

Statute of limitations has run. I think that will be the end of it. </div></div>

Of course they rember helping him out of the dumpster, son't you think they are going to cover their ass's. Anyone who would be party to this sort of thing can be counted on to lie about it. Hell, Mckey might be covering his own ass. I think its not over...certainly hope not. Someone needs to swing