• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mark 5 HD 7-35 tracking and durability

codym

Private
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2018
New Mexico
Hey guys this scope wan't really on my radar until I looked through a buddies. I was set on a NF ATACR 7-35 in mil xt but the price has me looking at this scope. I get a deal on both but for comparisson sake just say I get the mark 5 for a liitle more than half of the NF. I know there's a bunch of threads on the glass. I have no issues with the glass in comparrison to the NF. I'm concerned about tracking and how these scopes are holding up especially since everything I have ever owned with the Leupold name has shit the bed fairly quick. My friend has had good luck with his over the last few matches. I also had a friend who said his wouldn't hold a 1 1/2' group on a much more accurate rifle, put a DMR II on it, and it was back shooting well under .5. Sent it back to Leupold and they replaced it. I also have no worries about Leupold's warranty and CS but the last thing I want is to be having to send this scope back, so what say you Mark 5 hd users, are you satisfied? Thinking H-59 over CCH, I keep looking at the diagram but can't make sense of the windage increments (don't judge me I went to a state college), I much prefer the .2 hashes of the mil xt.

I’ve been using mine in competition for a year. I really like it. I don’t baby my equipment. My stuff gets used. I expect it to perform, and my Mark 5 5-25 has performed very well. Tracks perfectly and you already know how the glass is. I recommend it highly.
What I tell people who are considering it versus a razor gen 2... if you already have a razor, the only reason to switch is the brighter glass on the Mark5.
That being said, I personally don’t think comparing the Mark 5 to a NF Atacr is fair. The NF is better in my opinion.

Mil-xt is basically an h59.

If you don’t need the 10m parallax and saving money is important, go with the leupold.

Thanks guys. I may give the leupy a try. I’m sure I will eventually end up with the ATACR but there’s a couple builds I would like to get done and could use the extra cash there.

I have two MK5's
The 3.6-18 and 5-25x56.
Both were pretty much perfect during tall target testing, I'm really impressed with these scopes.

Hey guys this scope wan't really on my radar until I looked through a buddies. I was set on a NF ATACR 7-35 in mil xt but the price has me looking at this scope. I get a deal on both but for comparisson sake just say I get the mark 5 for a liitle more than half of the NF. I know there's a bunch of threads on the glass. I have no issues with the glass in comparrison to the NF. I'm concerned about tracking and how these scopes are holding up especially since everything I have ever owned with the Leupold name has shit the bed fairly quick. My friend has had good luck with his over the last few matches. I also had a friend who said his wouldn't hold a 1 1/2' group on a much more accurate rifle, put a DMR II on it, and it was back shooting well under .5. Sent it back to Leupold and they replaced it. I also have no worries about Leupold's warranty and CS but the last thing I want is to be having to send this scope back, so what say you Mark 5 hd users, are you satisfied? Thinking H-59 over CCH, I keep looking at the diagram but can't make sense of the windage increments (don't judge me I went to a state college), I much prefer the .2 hashes of the mil xt.
I was happy with my Mark 5.
The turrets were surprisingly audible and tactile. Great glass, tracked true.
My only gripe was the FOV was kinda poor imo. Loved everything else.

I've got 2x Mk5 5-25s (with CCH) and between the 2 of them they've seen well north of 10k rounds with no issues. Both passed tall target tests easily, track perfectly and have stood up to a dozen or so PRS/NRL/RTC matches with no problems. My backup gun (that also has a .223 trainer barrel on it) pretty much lives in a drag bag in my truck and I've never had an issue with it not holding zero or anything despite packing all kinds of shit on top of it. Solid, dependable scopes in my opinion. I want a 3.6-18 for my hunting rifle...

The Atacr is in another league in just about every aspect. If you can afford it, buy it. You will never regret a top tier optic purchase, only that you don't have enough money to put them on every gun you own.

Reactions: codym
I've been testing the 7-35x56 Mark 5 for a little while now and this scope is really growing on me. For the money, it is very good and turrets have not skipped a beat.

Optically, it is not as good as TT/ZCO/S&B/Minox, but it is a lot less expensive and very good for the price range.

If I were looking for a scope in the $2k range, Mark 5HD would definitely be in the running.

ILya

Reactions: Jonnyb0381
My friend dropped my 24lb rifle with my MK5 onto a concrete floor a few days ago. Scope held zero and finish held up remarkably well. Tracks good enough for the work I do.
Bet Leupold would replace it at no charge