• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mark 6 1-6x20 (5.56 Reticle) vs. Trijicon VCOG 1-6x24 (55gr reticle) vs. Kahles K16i 1-6x24 Sl1 reticle

fivescrew

Private
Minuteman
Sep 22, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Mark 6 1-6x20 (5.56 Reticle) vs. Trijicon VCOG 1-6x24 (55gr reticle) vs. Kahles K16i 1-6x24 Sl1 reticle.The forum has discussed these scopes at some length, but I am not getting the info I would like from people who own them. I live there is no local gun shop that carries rifle scopes like these. Following the forum instructions:The platform is a 14.5" LMT MLC. The intended use for this scope is defensive carbine. The cartridge is 556 usually be M193/.223 55gr and my own high power match loads, 77 SMK's over 24.2 RL15 in a Lapua or Lake City case and a SMR primer. Shooting out to 600yds, but usually <25-50, 200&300yds, daylight. My eyes as they are, I need an ocular focus. These scopes are about as much as I want to spend. 6x max is enough w good glass. Trijicon wins in the most American made and durable departments. Leupold seems to win in light weight and short and the CMR reticle looks more understandable than Kahles. Kahles wins in the clarity of glass and FOV, explanation of the 3G and Sl1 reticles would be helpful. Is Leupold more durable than Kahles? An adjustable turret is good and the CMR reticle seems more understandable. I don't know what to choose and would like to hear from owners.

Last edited:
I got the Mark 6 1-6 with the 5.56 reticle. After taking a look at it and talking to leupold (apparently 5.56 reticle is designed for the M855 Greentip rounds, so unless you're shooting those the holds don't make much sense) I swapped it for the TMR reticle so it would be universal for different rounds (plus I think in Mils anyway)

TMR is a good clean reticle.

Thanks for the advice on the Mark 6.

I went for the K16i Sl1, the MOA reticle with the chevrons, over the VCOG 1-6x and the Mark 6 1-6x. I thought about weight vs. durability, dialing vs. holding over, and figured I'd get the Kahles for this application. I didn't consider NF NX8 because I felt taken advantage of by the price of their 4.5x24 service rifle scope I felt compelled to buy, fixed power, no illumination, standard NF parts from their other scopes and still costs $2k. I've bought American again and again and there will be plenty more times to buy American.