• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mark 6 3-18 vs NX8 2-20 vs Schmidt 3-20?

Mareshow

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2012
Just picked myself up an AI AT in 308 and trying to decide on a scope. I have a ZCO and a Steiner on my other rifles currently but I'm not sure on which to go with on the AI. Can anyone with some experience on these scopes recommend one? I've looked through the Mk 6 locally but the other two I would have to order in.

Problem with that is it comes with a $2K premium here in Canada over the other optics I would rather buy two of the stated above

The Mark 6's are dogs, even with the upgraded turrets. Mark 5's are superior in every way to a Mark 6. 4-16x42 ATACR would be my choice beyond any listed.

Reactions: Mareshow
The Schmidt is going to be the best optical performer out of the group and if you get the new model with DT II+ turrets you'll have some of the best turrets in the business. Mark 6 has had a shaky history, some good, some not so good, like 1911 above, the Mark 5 is the superior scope and I've had the 3.6-18 and while there were things to like, if you can afford the Schmidt it is the superior scope, but if you don't mind the reticles in the 3.6-18 Leupold I liked it more than the NX8. NX8 2.5-20 suffers from considerable edge distortion and finicky eyebox and parallax. I have a review of ultra shorts linked in my signature below, the ZCO, Schmidt, Kahles and now I'd enter the new March 4.5-28, I feel, reign as the best of the ultra shorts.

Found a Deal on a 3-20 S and B, couldn't pass it up as it was cheaper than any of the other options. super pumped to get it thanks everyone for their input!

Reactions: Scotch_egg
Found a Deal on a 3-20 S and B, couldn't pass it up as it was cheaper than any of the other options. super pumped to get it thanks everyone for their input!
If you've never had one, you're going to be blown away. And a great match with an AI AT, I love ultra shorts on the AT...

IMG_4268.jpg