• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Marking your brass???

I have not tumbled the one brass I tested the green nail polish on but will probably do the same treatment to a few more and then throw them in the tumbler with the next batch just to see. I suspect it will hold up decent but we'll see.

The blue color I ended up going with was actually a permanent poster marker from the drug store. A friend gave me the tip on them as they worked good for him. I'm sure it will come off in the tumbler, or at least come off enough to need doing again, but it really didn't take much time at all.

I'm still tossing around the idea of making a jig to hold 20 or so shells just right so I can Cerakote the heads pink or something but we'll see. This marker method is so simple, fast, easy, and cheap which are all great reasons to stick with it assuming it works out decent.

When you do tumble, please let us know how it held up. I'm thinking of doing the green trick to help me ID number of times reloaded and maybe just put a dot of colored polish for each time reloaded. What type of media is in your tumbler?

Well, Twisted, here are the results of tumbling brass marked with nail polish. I marked 5 pieces, threw them into the tumbler with about 150 other cases, and Walnut-Shell Media. They tumbled for about 6 hours. Here they are: photo.jpg

I only put the nail polish on about 10-15 minutes before loading the tumbler, so I don't know if the results might even be better if the nail polish was allowed to "cure" longer----that would be a question for my wife, as I don't use nail polish, myself.
Anyway, I think I shall test it further, because i am looking for a way to "permanently" mark my Garand Brass.

Cold Blue (more than one mfg) and a small rubber stamp-stamp the case head-it will not come off and the letter a-b-c etc will be very easily seen.

Twisted, your chick is tame. She needs to be in leathers, tied up over a barrel. That, or standing there in garter, fishnets, stilettos and a cat o' nine tails. ;)

Oh the irony. Just for the record we have 4 kids.

This is her when we were in Vegas for SHOT this year window shopping the store of one of her idols. (Yes we went back and spent a lot of money there the next day)
741036_3660306085267_2071979181_o.jpg

And I'll admit I'm not very good at the whole graphics thing but that sticker was drawn off an actual image of her from one of her shoots as seen on the right.
194900_2965213868396_210169659_o.jpg

LOL
No idea who Bette Paige is or the history behind the graphic. Twisted? Well, that's another story...
4 kids, eh? Me too. Incredibly astute people ask me if I'm Mormon or Catholic and almost everyone says, "whoa, you have your hands full."

LOL
No idea who Bette Paige is or the history behind the graphic. Twisted? Well, that's another story...
4 kids, eh? Me too. Incredibly astute people ask me if I'm Mormon or Catholic and almost everyone says, "whoa, you have your hands full."

Google is your friend. Bettie Page was a pinup/fetish model/actress from the late 40's and 50's. She was in playboy in the mid 50's I believe. "My girl" does a lot of Bettie Page type photos, she has the same look but more modern.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

While not permanent, I use sharpie. I only do this for my AR brass. Bolt gun brass gets caught by me as it ejects, and handgun brass I really don't care much about, as long as I leave with roughly the number that I fired.

My procedure for AR brass:

Buy 1x fired, or 1x fire LC myself. Go through prep, and load it. As I case gage them, I stand them on a glass table to double-check no high primers. I them grab them off the table by the handful, and color the case head with a sharpie marker. I use all the same color. After it's fired, it goes into a 5-gallon bucket marked "2x Fired" written on a piece of masking tape. After I've loaded all the 1x brass that's processed, and fired enough of it that I need to start loading more, I'll process that brass, and color the case head with a different color sharpie. It identifies the brass as mine, it only takes a second, and it's an easy visual inspection of where in the sequence (once fireed, twice fired, etc) that piece of brass is. After all the 2x brass has been processed and is in the bucket waiting to be loaded, the label on the bucket gets replaced with a "3x Fired" label.

Easy.