• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Marks/dents on brass

NY700

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 23, 2009
Dallas
This's past weekend my AR standard 16" mid length upper started showing very week ejection something it has not done before.

I assumed maybe it was just in need of a good cleaning.

When I looked at my brass unnoticed marks that previously this rifle did not produce

As you can see it's making a small horizontal invention. It's very consistent. Just wondering what you guys think may be causing it and any ideas on how to diagnose it.

4355ff2471ac512f9841423fcfb770bb.jpg

1fbf5b07b7057a09dfbebfd6aa8ca17f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Usually when it is weak ejection either you are venting gas from the gas block or the spring has weakened in the stock.

Johnny

Those look like dents from the brass deflector at the rear of the ejection port. Whatever is causing you weak ejection probably changed the timing and is causing it to hit the deflector. Mine makes dents like that. It doesn't really hurt anything, but I am getting an adjustable gas block to hopefully help.

Predatornut is correct it's the deflector causing that. How old is your gun?

What direction is the brass flying? If the muzzle is at 12 o'clock, is the brass landing at 1-3 or 3-5 o'clock?

Are you getting stove pipes? If you aren't I wouldn't worry about it.

All my guns dent brass like that in one way or another, I've put rubber bumpers on the deflector to fix that. Because I don't like those dents on my brass, so bumper keeps them uniform as I reload.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk