• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

marlin x7 varmint hunter

eastridge1213

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2011
Had run across the marlin x7 varmint hunter 308 w/26" heavy barrel. the shop was selling it for 399 but seen places online cheaper.seems like a great deal to have a starter rifle on a low budget. has anyone had any experience with these?

Re: marlin x7 varmint hunter

I have two Marlin X rifles, They offer adjustable triggers and are a mix between Rem 700 and Savage.I have seen the Varmint barreled marlin XL7V, but not heard any reports. I'm sure they're very accurate like the X guns.

well, im just startin out in precision shooting and have a remingtn 700 sps tac aac-sd on the way topped with a bushnell elite 3200 10x. but i thought this would be a good budget starter rifle that i could setup and use as an extra rifle. i have a brother that would like to start shooting but is too young to buy anything yet and maybe someone else who just wants to go to the range but doesnt have a gun. like i said, there wouldnt be too much money in it if damaged

Both of my x guns shoot sub moa, and have shot out to 450 yards so far. The only draw back is the stock, its okay. But if you want a decent wood stock try Boyds stocks, i think under $100 bucks for laminated stock of your choice.

I'll have to go back to the store and fondal it, lol. Jus seen it on shelf while I was there