• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

marlin x7 varmint hunter

eastridge1213

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2011
Had run across the marlin x7 varmint hunter 308 w/26" heavy barrel. the shop was selling it for 399 but seen places online cheaper.seems like a great deal to have a starter rifle on a low budget. has anyone had any experience with these?

Re: marlin x7 varmint hunter

I have two Marlin X rifles, They offer adjustable triggers and are a mix between Rem 700 and Savage.I have seen the Varmint barreled marlin XL7V, but not heard any reports. I'm sure they're very accurate like the X guns.

well, im just startin out in precision shooting and have a remingtn 700 sps tac aac-sd on the way topped with a bushnell elite 3200 10x. but i thought this would be a good budget starter rifle that i could setup and use as an extra rifle. i have a brother that would like to start shooting but is too young to buy anything yet and maybe someone else who just wants to go to the range but doesnt have a gun. like i said, there wouldnt be too much money in it if damaged

Both of my x guns shoot sub moa, and have shot out to 450 yards so far. The only draw back is the stock, its okay. But if you want a decent wood stock try Boyds stocks, i think under $100 bucks for laminated stock of your choice.

I'll have to go back to the store and fondal it, lol. Jus seen it on shelf while I was there