• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MARSOC Sniper Training photos - Texas

socalmarine

Private
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2014
AZ
Came across these - not sure if anyone has already posted them. Neat photos - there is a video on this site as well, and I believe this was a weapons familiarization type course, which is why you see an assortment of odd guns.

Advanced Sniper*Training - Photos - MARSOC Recruiting

At first glance I thought they were using AI AWs (or some model of AI - not super familiar myself), but looking closer those look like Remington actions. I wonder if they dropped their M40 series rifles into the AI chassis? Someone with a better eye and more knowledgeable may know. Interesting nonetheless.

On this site they have the work out guide - not too bad. My last elk hunt in CO made me realize I was not quite as good of shape as I had previously thought. This workout series they have posted is something you can add as an app to your phone. I don't think I would be able to keep anywhere near the pace of these guys, but I am hauling my pack at least once a week now so I am not dragging ass next year trying to call in a bugler.

Look at this load he is carrying - pretty well armed!
102913_marsoc_advanced-sniper-course_tx_824.jpg

Just watched the first video , I know the rifles aren't loaded and it's training but holy cow that Marine at 7:00 is sweeping like crazy

Ive seen photos of Marines using the Horus Falcon scope awhile back when they started getting the Mk13 Mod 5s.

I assume they were looking for a better reticle than those in the NightForce scopes.

I saw those pics a few weeks ago. I thought to my self "that kinda looks like Texas" :p

Mk13s ... from Crane see they are long action

Well....you cant fit a .300 Win Mag in a short action :p

OP: Here is a link to my thread on another forum, with some basic info:
Precision Rifles Clone Thread! (pic thread) - AR15.COM

To my knowledge, the Mk13 is only issued to MARSOC (and some Army units, and SEALs).
Line companies still use the M40A5 and M110. I assume Recon is the same as my old team leader's Recon unit only has M40A5s and M110s

Last edited:
We were talking @ that Marsoc site a few weeks back. - Couldn't find the thread so...

That's a MK13 mod 5 - In which the AICS chassis was used with a Remington 700 action.

The Mod 5's tend to use a KAC can where as the Mod 6's use a Surefire 7.62RC.

The MK13 mod 6's you also see mixed in, those are on the AICS AX chassis and use a Stiller MK13 action...

We were talking @ that Marsoc site a few weeks back. - Couldn't find the thread so...

That's a MK13 mod 5 - In which the AICS chassis was used with a Remington 700 action.

The Mod 5's tend to use a KAC can where as the Mod 6's use a Surefire 7.62RC.

The MK13 mod 6's you also see mixed in, those are on the AICS AX chassis and use a Stiller MK13 action...

From what I understand, the Mk13 Mod 6's are essentially a left handed Mod 5

The Mod 7s utilize a Stiller Mk13 action and the AI AX MK13 chassis.

There are some Mk13 Mod 5s that have Stiller actions.

From what I understand, the Mk13 Mod 6's are essentially a left handed Mod 5

The Mod 7s utilize a Stiller Mk13 action and the AI AX MK13 chassis.

There are some Mk13 Mod 5s that have Stiller actions.

See, I've been told something completely different.

I made a Mk13 Mod 6 clone per what Stiller/a few buddies had told me the basics were -- This is back in late 2012/early 2013.

49811d1410787700-socom-762-rc-review-dsc_1914.jpg

I know a few guys with MK13 Mod6's that are the same build but with a 10" hand-guard instead of the longer version.

See, I've been told something completely different.

I made a Mk13 Mod 6 clone per what Stiller/a few buddies had told me the basics were -- This is back in late 2012/early 2013.

I know a few guys with MK13 Mod6's that are the same build but with a 10" hand-guard instead of the longer version.

My information about the Mod 6 came from the .mil/le NightForce guy

My information about the Mod 6 came from the .mil/le NightForce guy

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/snipers-hide-bolt-action-rifles/269028-mk13-mod-1-a.html

Was the thread -- This post specifically: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...n-rifles/269028-mk13-mod-1-a.html#post3314199

I had also called Stiller prior to my Tac 300 inquiring about the MK13 action - Was told the Tac 300 was the same and they gave me the build list on the phone -- Was told it was a MK13 Mod 6...

I've heard of the MK13 Mod 5.5 being the lefty...But, AFAIK, what I was told directly from a guy using it and Stiller is that the Mk13 Mod6 is the AX...

I'd give Stiller a jingle to be honest -- Get it from the horse's mouth.