• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Maryland Shooters?

I am in Columbia. Has anyone heard anything negative about bang steel? Anyone want to put together a class?
I took Dan course at Bang Steel. It was excellent. Enough time spent on book portion to get a solid understanding, then off to the range. Plenty of hands on instruction, and reaching out past 1000 yards on the first day.

I took Dan course at Bang Steel. It was excellent. Enough time spent on book portion to get a solid understanding, then off to the range. Plenty of hands on instruction, and reaching out past 1000 yards on the first day.
Would you recommend the two day or the private class? I have shot out to 500 but dont have any formal training.

Late to the party here...
Grew up in Catonsville, live in Carroll Co. now.
Had AGC membership years ago, let it lapse when fees doubled to buy the 'buffer' property behind the 100 range. Renewed it at a gun show couple years back when my son became interested in shooting. Last straw, a 20 dollar fee to bring him or any guest to shoot with me.
Bangsteel, DO IT! Take the Friday/Saturday course. Dan and his son, Forrest are fantastic teachers! No pressure, laid back class. They now do 'Range Days' on Fridays for 80 bucks, 40 more and you can try for the mile plate and the 2200 yard plate. I'm going back!
The Hap Baker Range in the Westminster land fill is cool. Avoid the place from October to December when the deer hunter sight in crowd can make wait times a few hours to get one of the ten benches.
Anybody wanting to try PRS events? Mason/Dixon in Mayberrry, Md. run a great event about 6 times a year there. No pressure, helpful shooters get you started right.
What I find most rewarding? Look into Guardian long range events. Match fees are tax deductible and for charity. Have done two so far at Frontline Defense in North Carolina. Paul Smith runs a first class range ! Huge prize table. I won a Nightforce scope with only a 10 ticket purchase. Guardian does about 6 events all over the United States every year. Check out their website.

Late to the party here...
Grew up in Catonsville, live in Carroll Co. now.
Had AGC membership years ago, let it lapse when fees doubled to buy the 'buffer' property behind the 100 range. Renewed it at a gun show couple years back when my son became interested in shooting. Last straw, a 20 dollar fee to bring him or any guest to shoot with me.
Bangsteel, DO IT! Take the Friday/Saturday course. Dan and his son, Forrest are fantastic teachers! No pressure, laid back class. They now do 'Range Days' on Fridays for 80 bucks, 40 more and you can try for the mile plate and the 2200 yard plate. I'm going back!
The Hap Baker Range in the Westminster land fill is cool. Avoid the place from October to December when the deer hunter sight in crowd can make wait times a few hours to get one of the ten benches.
Anybody wanting to try PRS events? Mason/Dixon in Mayberrry, Md. run a great event about 6 times a year there. No pressure, helpful shooters get you started right.
What I find most rewarding? Look into Guardian long range events. Match fees are tax deductible and for charity. Have done two so far at Frontline Defense in North Carolina. Paul Smith runs a first class range ! Huge prize table. I won a Nightforce scope with only a 10 ticket purchase. Guardian does about 6 events all over the United States every year. Check out their website.
Where’s bangsteel?

Peacemaker is an excellent range when open. They restrict 1000 to only a few days a week so I did not renew.
AGC is my home Range now. They have done some boneheaded things recently like $10 guest fee. That is not a way to promote the shooting sports and when compounded by the $200 annual fee 🤬.
I have been searching for a longer range ( at least 800) but all the PA ranges are either shorter or private clubs with closed membership.
I am in Havre de Grace and Bridgeville is 2+ hours and Peacemaker is 3 hours.
Anyone know of a closer longer range?

I have steel to 550 and can stretch to 800 if any responsible shooters want to shoot. I generally can only shoot a few sundays or Saturday’s in the winter

North central MD

Reactions: sleev-les
just to ask how far is that from galena Md ? more towards washington or north of that ?
to the other person
alixanders sporting farm is 600 yards in galena md
and Quantico is 1000 yards .
pa mifflin county rifle is 1k
and thunder vally in ohio is 1 mile :giggle: which sounds like heaven to me .

Last edited:
I shot at New Holland PA last weekend. It was the first match for me (Geissele Gas Gun Challenge). I finished mid pack in heavy tactical with DPMS 308. Nice range & they go out to 700.

I plan to shoot the gas gun challenge regularly next year along with the Mason Dixon PRS.

About 1 hr 45 min drive for me.