• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mason Dixon Series #5 UPDATE

Shrek183

Private
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2012
PA
Shooters,

As MS Series Match #5 is rapidly approaching, i thought that I would forward some information regarding the shoot that you might find helpful. Each Match Director has their own outlook on a Match, and I thought that you might find it helpful to know some of these thoughts.

This Match will be based upon skills directly related to an operationally shooter. This Match will test your ability to think your way through a problem, and shoot from a variety of improvised and awkward shooting positions. While a Ghilli Suit and Running Shoes will not be required, the ability to shoot from cover, shoot from improvised rests and the ability to quickly move into and out of a position will benifit the shooter. The Round Count for the Match is sixty-five (65) and there are seven (7) Stages planned.

Unless you are shooting a rifle with a fixed internal magazine, all shooters will need to have at least two (2) magazines with a minimum capacity of five (5) rounds. Several Stages will permit the use of support devices (tripods, bipods, bags, rucksacks, shooting partners ...) however if you plan to use it, you will have to carry it and move with it, throughout the entire Match. Any gear left behind will be donated to the prize table.

While we can not shoot before 1000 hours on Sunday, the first stage (non-shooting) will begin on the 600 yard line at 0930 hours. Registration will begin at 0830 hours and the briefing will begin at 0845 hours.

Please be ready to report to the 600 yard line at 0930 hours with all or your gear for the day. Expect the unexpected, and remain flexible and this will be fun.

Thank you for your attention and cooperation.

M.D. Shrek (Bob Duprey)

Copy Shrek, and thanks.
One question: is the 600yd line the pits or the covered firing area? I don't know the layout of NH that well. thanks.

He means the covered area where the benches are. ;-)

This MD has REALLY got his game face on. I REALLY wish I could make this one. :-/

I want to see a kick-ass AAR thread on this.

PLEASE.

--Fargo007

This MD has REALLY got his game face on.

Tell me about it......

7ea9d4f5d30fb0bf2b1e1e4d0c1f3e96_zpsfcf9b197.jpg

The Capn'

Last edited:
My symptoms are under control but the cause is yet undetermined.....

I'm feeling better and even back in the water. Swam a mile yesterday in pretty good time too. I will be missing this one only because of a travel conflict.

--Fargo007

If you have not yet met the MD, you are in for a treat. Great shooter and an all around good man. A true gentleman(although he may dispute it!)

If you have not yet met the MD, you are in for a treat. Great shooter and an all around good man. A true gentleman(although he may dispute it!)

Shrek is a mean old ugly ogre with a big ugly green stick. I don't know who you're referring to.

Absolutely a great match. Shrek did a great job! The recent matches where each stage has been scenario based have been outstanding.

Yes it was great match and very well run. Bob, thanks for all the work to set up the COF and the props!
Bob

Wife: How did it go?
Me: Drove 250 miles, bipod broke, had to shoot out of a dumpster, and lay down in an anthill.
Wife: And you paid to do that?
Me: It was awesome!!!

Thanks Shrek for an outstanding match! I am awestruck by the attention, effort, and materials you put into this one!

Outstanding COF. The bar certainly has been raised to a new level by this match. Thanks for all of the time and effort that you put into the match Shrek.

The Capn'

Bob,
Yeah, great one. You kicked my ass.
Anyway, I loved the final stage. Brilliant. Some many of these stages are 'action, action, action' but the reality is 'nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, action!' Some day, perhaps, we can do the full '60 minute' version, maybe when the temps are 20 or 100 :)

Bob, outstanding match, really appreciate all the time, effort and no doubt cost you and your assistant put into the match. The stages were all challenging and fun at the same time therefore a great learning experience. Hope you and your wingman will MD another one!

Richard P

P.S. sorry about the pipe :)

Flat out awesome match. The level and variation of skills required was quite a challenge. The level of planning that went into it was very evident - everything flowed and moved along nicely. If I ever see Bob signing up as MD again, I'll be trying to get into that match!

Scores for Mason Dixon Match #5

Gentlemen,

First off, thank you all for shooting this match. I hope that you all had fun and I am glad to say that I don't have to do it again soon. It is a always a good time to hang out with a bunch of people that enjoy what they are doing, and do it well. This match was designed to test a variety of skills, and level the playing fieldon some issues.

Other than my lack of ability to count to 21 and remain fully clothed, everything went well from my end, and I hope that you all at least had fun.

After verification and careful study by a team of people who can actually count, the scores are as follows: Possible 615 points

1. Matt Gervais 514
2. Corey Funk 392
3. Matt Radolec 357
4. Steve Bechtel 326
5. Jeremy Jones 324
6. Josh Kunz 315
7. Paul Bonargo 303
8. Shawn Burkholder 288
9. Matt Grizzard 268
10. Steve Mack 264
11. Tom Walsh 257
12. Josh Resslar 237
13. James Bailey 233
14. Todd Strasavich 227
15. Mike Pohuski 225
16. Rob Koch 209
17. Denver Metcalf 208
18. Karl Tabb 194
19. Bob Kelly 187
20. Richard Peabody 170
21. Scott Victor 166
22. Chad Beitler 147
23. Greg Banta 146
24. Chris Jepson 145
25. Todd Hammons 124

Sorry for the delay in scores.

Good shooting with all of you.

Shrek

Gentlemen,

First off, thank you all for shooting this match. I hope that you all had fun and I am glad to say that I don't have to do it again soon. It is a always a good time to hang out with a bunch of people that enjoy what they are doing, and do it well. This match was designed to test a variety of skills, and level the playing fieldon some issues.

Other than my lack of ability to count to 21 and remain fully clothed, everything went well from my end, and I hope that you all at least had fun.

After verification and careful study by a team of people who can actually count, the scores are as follows: Possible 615 points

1. Matt Gervais 514
2. Corey Funk 392
3. Matt Radolec 357
4. Steve Bechtel 326
5. Jeremy Jones 324
6. Josh Kunz 315
7. Paul Bonargo 303
8. Shawn Burkholder 288
9. Matt Grizzard 268
10. Steve Mack 264
11. Tom Walsh 257
12. Josh Resslar 237
13. James Bailey 233
14. Todd Strasavich 227
15. Mike Pohuski 225
16. Rob Koch 209
17. Denver Metcalf 208
18. Karl Tabb 194
19. Bob Kelly 187
20. Richard Peabody 170
21. Scott Victor 166
22. Chad Beitler 147
23. Greg Banta 146
24. Chris Jepson 145
25. Todd Hammons 124

Sorry for the delay in scores.

Good shooting with all of you.

Shrek

Is that a typo or did Matt really win by 122? Either way impressive shooting Matt.

Thanks for getting the scores posted.

Last edited:
Damn Matt, that is some fine shooting there sir! Very very nicely done. There are some super talented folks out at these matches, every one of these has had outstanding competition. So the match winners so far are: Josh, Corey, Bob (aka Shrek), Corey, and Matt. Outstanding! Plus last years overall winner Freddy lurking in the shadows...

Congrats to the guys who won! That was some super shooting you had Matt, way to go (It was 415, not 514 to the person above who asked). Corey, as usual, great shooting.

Shrek ran a helluva match, easily one of the most fun that I've had at an event in a long time. It was blatantly obvious that a lot of thought, preparation and attention to detail went into the event. Thanks go out to Brian as well for the help setting up the match and running it.

I'm really glad that I made this one. It was a great time, I'm looking forward to the next event that Shrek runs.

Not only can't I add, but I need the keyboard for the extra lange and crooked fingers.

Winning score was Matt Gervais at 415 points.

Sorry guys!

Shrek

Good shooting Matt.

Shrek, Thanks for putting on quite the match. It was definitely different and a lot of fun. It really pointed out possible holes in your gear load out and it definitely challenged you in awkward positional shooting that many of us had not done before. It left me feeling satisfied that I was able to make some of the different shots, and totally gave me a good sense of what I need to work on to get better. It was an awesome day.

Josh

Man I thought that score seamed kinda high! Thanks guys. I have always felt while I was at these matches that I was among true marksman and great people. I am absolutely blown away with winning my first match and I have been spending an enormous amount of time and energy working kinks out of my shooting and I am glad it seems to be paying off. I just hope to be able to continue shooting with you guys and look forward to the next one!

Congrats on the win Matt. Great job Shrek running the match. It definitely tested some things I haven't done in a while. I really enjoyed working the different, awkward positions and lack of bipods for a change. I had a blast.

I thought for sure I would get an automatic 100 points for showing up with a broken scope. Wow did that plan backfire.

Thanks for another great Sunday of shooting. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the MD match next month.

Jones - That's like adding insult to injury getting beat by someone with a broken scope! LOL.

Congratulations to the top shooters, you guys earned it yesterday!

Any updates on posting the scores? I'm very interested to see the breakdown and see where I line up in the overall standings. I'm sure other shooters are as well.

Scores were submitted to Freddy to add to the web site for the Mason Dixon series. If you PM me I can send you your information.