• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mason Dixon Sniper Series 2014

SteveInMd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2007
Maryland
Dates for the Mason Dixon Sniper Series have been posted. We will be shooting at the New Holland Rifle and Pistol Club in Gap PA on April 27 and June 29, and the Mayberry Game Protective Association in Westminster MD on July 20 and August 17.

Additional details and registration info will be posted prior to each event.

Mark your calendars, hope to see you at the range.

Steve B.

Edit - Nevermind, I saw the other post explaining a few things.

Looking forward to this series again this year!

Thanks.

Last edited:
aaahhh...crap! Please no hellbender!

I'm doing less with the shooter math this time, but I see no reason why competitors who are willing to spend all kinds of money on gadgets should not be reminded that electronic shit breaks/fails and now you're on your own... so figure it out. Make the shot.

I have been asked to MD the Match at New Holland 0n June 29th and will be delighted to provide an interesting course of fire.

Shrek

Looks like I am going to be TAD in MD from March to July and I would like to shoot, however I have a week to get gear together, not sure what I should have,don't want to bring the whole arsenal if I am not going to use it.

If anybody that has shot this in the past would fill me in on CoF, gear, etc. or link an old post( I checked).

I would appreciate it

A precision center fire rifle no larger than 300 win mag, lots of guys run 6.5 & 308 comp rounds. Mag feed is preferred but not a requirement. Scope with a sub tended reticle and good data out to 650yards. And for my match in the end of April you need to add on a center fire pistol, strong side holster with positive retention and 20 rounds with at least one spare magazine. Rifle round count is usually about 60.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Where can I find course specs? Types of
Targets, distances, equipment allowd? Never
Shot a match but would like to try one ?

I can't find the registration for these matches? Can someone let me know where to register. Thanks

Registration hasn't opened yet. Keep an eye on the forum and registration information will be posted, usually about one month before the upcoming event. We should be getting close to opening registration for the April match, but nothing yet.

Steve B.

Registration is open in the tactical matches forum. I'm not posting any additional matches in the TRL forum because it (TRL) seems to have died. There is also an additional thread from Shrek the match director with specifics of the match.

Steve B.

Please look under Tactical Shooting Competitions Forum for Scores from Match #2

Shrek

I meant to post this earlier but my schedule was pretty busy:

I talked to Martin at Steiner USA this week and he's going to provide us with a certificate for a FREE STEINER T5Xi

The cert will be raffled to those at the finale.

There are a number of other prizes being donated by Hawk Hill Custom, Patriot Valley Arms and several local gun shops. Things such as rifle barrels, installation services, certificates towards a discount on Steiner optics (in addition to the flagship above)...

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

I would like to contribute 500 Sierra Match King 30 Cal. .308 Dia. 175 gr. HPBT Bullets to the prize table.

Looking forward to another fun match!

Richard P

A huge thanks to Steve, Josh and Shrek for being match directors this year and of course for all of the ROs that stepped up and helped make the matches run smooth and safe all year. Also a nice big hand for James for being the Excel Master and for herding the cats yesterday. Shawn, Josh and Freddy were generous as always with the prize table. Looking forward to next year already.

The Capn'

I had a great time shooting the series this year. It was a tremendous amount of fun and all the matches were well run and challenging.

I would like to thank this year's MD's: Josh, Shrek, Steve and Tommy. And all their assistants who worked their asses off.

Thanks to Peacemaker National Training Center for the valuable certificate I picked up. I will put it to VERY good use!

As well as all the sponsors who were so kind to us. bohem/Patriot Valley Arms and Hawk Hill Custom for teaming up on a new barrel AND a custom install, Dick Reinheimer for a three day pistol class, and Rich P for the big stack o' 175's.

Having done the job that James did with the stats, I appreciate how much weight he put on his back by taking that on. Thanks a lot bro.

It's time to start talking about next year. Let's open up a new planning thread and get some thoughts going.

/Fargo007

6.5S-
Speed limit is 3100.

Freddy-
The score keeping was easy. I have more than enough 'desk time' these days. I would be happy to do it again next year if you guys want.

Matt G and Jeremy J-
Nice shooting, congratulations on the series and finale win respectively. Watching you guys clear the rooftop simulator back to back was damn impressive!

Yeah, you probably should have consulted with a few of us before you started working on that spaceship if you had competition in mind.

You don't have to run the AI so hot. Most certainly there are going to be accuracy nodes closer to 2900 that you can work with. That way you can still play all the reindeer games.

Even though you might be under the numerical limit, that's only an indicator and not a guarantee. if you start damaging targets at 3050 you'll be stopped and probably told that you can't shoot that caliber anymore.

Gents -

First:

Thanks to NHRPC and MGPA for allowing us to host these matches at their respective clubs, it's not only the guys working the matches and planning them we need to thank: The respective clubs and their membership allow us to have them. Thank you.

Second:

Many thanks to Steve, Bob, the support crews that came along with them. It's tough to get anything running, let alone running smoothly with a single guy working the entire match from soup to nuts. Without their support crew these matches wouldn't run 6+ stages in 4 hours.

Third:

Hawk Hill Customs, Steiner, and White Marsh --> Thank you for continued support of the events. Hawk Hill's shooters and Shawn himself are fine folks to work with and fine folks to shoot alongside.

Finally:

The drumroll:

I received the Steiner T5xi gift certificate today and Freddy was over to pick up a rifle so he witnessed the random number generator work. The certificate went to Shooter #1 - Matt G. Congratulations, Matt. I'm more than a little bit jealous.

As always, looking forward to next year. Have a great off-season.

Thank you to all the fine folks that helped keep this series running like clockwork throughout the year. I have looked forward to every one of these matches and the time I get to spend with every one of you. I always enjoy the volunteer MD's bringing a little bit of something special to the series!

I was faced with stiff competition this year. Last year I took a close second and set out to win this year and I can say it was not easy. I cannot even begin to describe just how much shooting the series has done to teach me to become a better shooter.

I look forward to seeing you guys out and about next year at ASC, Peacemaker, Guardian, etc.