• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mason Dixon Sniper Series Match #6 Registration

SteveInMd

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2007
Maryland
The last qualifying match of the Mason Dixon Sniper Series is upon us. Registration for the sixth match in the Mason Dixon Sniper Series is now open. Registration is first come first served, however any regular series competitor that needs a Mayberry match for series eligibility will be given priority on the wait list. Details for the series can be found at: MASON DIXON SNIPER SERIES INFO AND STANDINGS | BLACK HAT TRAINING CORPS

Date & Time: Sunday September 22, 2013
Check In opens at 8:00 am.
Mandatory safety briefing 8:30 am.
Firing begins at completion of safety briefing

Entry Fee: $40 per shooter
New registration procedure this year, sign up using the link and bring payment the day of the match. Also note the new cancellation policy posted with the series details.
Open to the first 24 shooters, after the roster fills entries will be placed on a waiting list. The roster is full please email mayberrymatches(at)gmail.com if you would like a spot on the waiting list.

Equipment: Centerfire rifle capable of shooting 1 MOA.
Rifle scope with graduated reticle for ranging / hold over / hold off etc.
300 Win. Mag. Maximum Caliber Allowed
3100 fps Maximum Velocity
100 rounds match quality rifle ammunition
Eye and Ear protection
Empty Chamber Indicator flag (available for $3 if needed)
Anything you need to shoot with, but you must carry it for entire match.

Directions: From Westminster MD – Rt. 140 West to Mayberry Rd. Turn right on to
Mayberry Rd. follow for approx. 1.5 miles. Turn right at yellow sign for Mayberry Game Protective Association. Go past archery club and continue to game protective club.
From Taneytown MD – Rt. 140 East to Mayberry Rd. Turn left on to Mayberry Rd. follow for approx. 1.5 miles. Turn right at yellow sign for Mayberry Game Protective Association. Go past archery club and continue to game protective club.

Contact info: mayberrymatches(at)gmail.com

Thanks, hope to see you all at the range.

Steve Bechtel

Last edited:
Sweet! Can't wait to see what the MD crew has up their sleeve.
Hmmmm....

Match 4 - Broken Bipod

Match 5 - No Bipod

Match 6.....No stock???

That would be manly!

The Capn'

Hmmmm....

Match 4 - Broken Bipod

Match 5 - No Bipod

Match 6.....No stock???

That would be manly!

The Capn'

Capn'-
Last year, we did a broken scope, so anything is possible. I like the no stock idea...

Steve-
With ASC the preceding weekend and a business trip to NYC a few days before this match, I'm going to sit this one out, as I need to spend some time on the home front. I think - hope - I have enough points from the prior matches to qualify for the finale, so I will see all you guys in October for the big wrap-up!

-James

Unfortunately I will be traveling on business that Sunday. Good luck to all you guys that make it to the match. Steve runs a great shoot!

Hmmmm....

Match 4 - Broken Bipod

Match 5 - No Bipod

Match 6.....No stock???

That would be manly!

The Capn'

Yes its going to be fun. At the start of the day we will take away your rifles but not your ammo. You will be issues a pair or vise grips a small nail and a hammer. Good luck!

And Steve isn't running this one I am.

Can you show me how to use that breecher shotgun again? ;-)

That was one of the best bushwacks ... I'm easy to bushwack, but Tom and Steve did it with such strong acting. Tom Jr especially deserved some acting award for that performance.

Tom-
Sorry to miss this one! I'm up in NYC just prior to the match on business and if I come back and immediately go to a rifle match, my wife will not be happy. Especially since the finale is on my (and your) wedding anniversary.

The Mayberry Mad Minute was a stage we used last year were shooters had 1 minute to shoot a B27 for score with as many rounds as they could get off. The catch was single feed only for bolt and semi-auto. It sounded like the first morning at Gettysburg.

The Mayberry Mad Minute was a stage we used last year were shooters had 1 minute to shoot a B27 for score with as many rounds as they could get off. The catch was single feed only for bolt and semi-auto. It sounded like the first morning at Gettysburg.

What distance? What was the most shots fired?

What distance? What was the most shots fired?

I thought it was at 200yds vs. a piece of paper with many small targets on it. Freddy got off something like 17rds. This is from memory.

I like Tom's term: sounded like Gettysburg! All 25 shooters on-line at once, dumping as many rounds thru their pipes as possible. Amazing amount of smoke, dirt, splash, and of course noise.

Eric

Last time I shot it the distance was 300yd on a B34 for score. I had 18 shots fired in 1 minute with the bolt closed and my finger on the trigger for the 19th when the cease fire happened.

I believe that Freddy had 17 fired with 16 hits for the day's high score.

Cool. Brings back fond memories of shooting the Infantry Trophy Match...aka the Rattle Battle.

Josh is correct, it was a B34 at 300 yards. I think everyone liked it based on the sizes of the smiles they had when they got up off the line.

The roster is full, if you would like a spot on the waiting list email me, mayberrymatches(at)gmail.com.

Steve B.

I have signed up for this match but now I have scheduling conflicts. Would anyone like to take my spot on the roster?

I have ranked the series shooters that have completed three matches and have shot at both venues. These scores are based on your three highest scores, and include at least one score from each club venue. At the bottom of the list are the shooters registered for this Sundays match and still require the score to be included for series eligibility.

1,Corey Funk,215.35
2,Matt Grizzard,183.36
3,Denver Metcalf,179.39
4,Bob Duprey,172.17
5,Josh Kunz,171.68
6,Rob Koch,171.67
7,Steve Mack,168.76
8,Karl Tabb,152.66
9,Sean Mays,152.48
10,Shawn Burkholder,150.64
11,Greg Banta,148.95
12,Matt Radolec,145.71
13,Tod Hammons,132.85
14,Mike Pohuski ,128.78
15,Chad Beitler,126.73
16,Todd Strasavich,123.25
17,James Bailey,122.76
18,Steve Bechtel ,121.51
19,Bob Kelly,114.59
20,Scott Victor,112.4
21,Josh Resslar,112.15
22,Shawn O'Connell,105.5
23,Rich Peabody,83.79
24,Tom Walsh,69.35

Matt Gervais,146.6
Jeremy Jones,120.5
Paul Bonargo,94.3
Chris Jepson,48.18
Patrick Curran,32.6

Good luck, see you at the range.
Steve B.

Last edited:
Matt,
Match winners are automatically qualified for the final even if they haven't shot three matches.

Steve B.

Are the scores reset for the final shoot and everyone starts at 0.
It sounds like if you shoot one match and win you make the finals
but have no chance of winning the series with out three scores going
in to the final shoot. If the scores are not reset to 0 for the final,then this
becomes a shoot out between the top 5 or 6 guys and the rest of the final
match shooters are just sending rounds down range with no hope of an
overall win.

I'm out for this one guys.

You all have a great time.

Steve, pick a shooter at random and measure their X count on a paper target stage. Odd, Finals at NH. Even, Finals at Mayberry.

--Fargo007

The way it reads is you keep the top 3 scores and you must shoot a match at both venues. The 3 scores are added up just for determining finals eligibility. Although I would guess there may be a place for the highest scores of the series (cumulative) but I believe the finals match is for determining the winner. I guess since if you came and shot only ONE match and were automatically enrolled in the finals then what would be the point in going if you carried your scores with you...... (unless they take your average percentage, i.e. 64% from the one match you shot but I do not really see how that works). I am just guessing here, if this info is wrong please correct me.

The finals is just another match (of the best shooters) that counts in a cumulative way toward the series.

The top (n) shooters will be INVITED to the finals. The list of these top shooters begins with those who came in 1st place in any series match. It continues in descending order by series points scored.

Qualifying into the finals means only that - that you have a seat at the finals. Your score across the series still matters, and you still have to shoot at both clubs or you are unqualified to win the series.

As it happened last year, the guy who won the finals (match) also won the series, but it's totally possible to not win the finals, and still win the series.

Hope that sheds some light on it for you.

--Fargo007

Thanks Tom, Steve and all the other greats guys who spent their time putting on an awesome match! Eagerly looking forward to the results.

Tom Jr., Steve, Tom Sr. And the Maryberry support crew, great match today! Good stages, good weather and a good group shooters.

Richard

Thank you to all the shooters that came out and shot with us today. We had a great group of shooters, the match ran smoothly and quickly, and the weather was kind to us. Below are today's results, I'll calculate the series points and get the rankings updated shortly.

1,Jeremy Jones,451
2,Shawn Burkholder ,444
3,Matt Gervais,382
4,Steve Bechtel,365
5,Rob Koch ,317
6,Karl Tabb,316
7,Tod Hammons,288
8,Paul Bonargo ,279
9,Matt Radolec,273
10,Greg Banta,263
11,Todd Strasavich,259
12,Alex Sterling,255
13,Shawn O'Connell,252
14,Patrick Curran,249
15,Gehrig Austin,220
16,Michael Pohuski,214
17,Richard Peabody,203
18,Tom Walsh,184
19,Brandon Knisner,169
20,Scott Victor,93
21,Bryan Hupman,87

The location for the finals was determined by a random draw, and will be held at the New Holland Rifle and Pistol club. For those that qualified I'll see you there.

Thanks again,
Steve B.

had a great time thanks to all the MD crew. also thanks to the hawk hill crew for letting me tag along and generally annoy them. Loving the new bolt Wish I built it earlier.